Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Attention Todd @ Why Industries

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 05:54 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by mikescion
Your a funny dude ya know.. Do click the search button you'll find me bud. Its funny how i post that look your kind of right i shouldn't have posted this and then you flame me some more. Well you know what i'll do now? I'm going to give FULL Race a call, I'm going to Call PeakBoost, I'm even going to ask someone from the Durst team to chime in here and I would like to here there Imput on the sits. Fk what you guys think if you have a problem with that FK YOU . if you wanna see how alil kid i am Hey most of you live near NJ or in it. Come talk the same shyt to me OK. I've been trying to say look i shouldn't have started this thread but you nut huggers keep it going so FK it. I'm going to go to other car forums and see what there input is i can keep this going all i want. And for the most part I did state i wanted it locked cause it was getting out of hand!!!

Meaty i ordered cold side piping un coated, with a greddy flange thats it. Please don't bash my nutz either dude i wasn't intending to bash todd still don't but the way these other nut huggers do things it makes me look bad and them look like there begging for the OL'Nut in da mouth.....
You sound so GANGSTA!

You wouldn't catch me anywhere near someone's nuts, I feel for your situation, I truthfully do. You just want to complete your project. But again, just went about it the wrong way so don't exactly expect people to take it lightly when you start unintentionally start calling out someone and their business on a forum that thousands of people read.

Keep your cool bud, it will all work out.
Old 04-17-2008, 05:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I dont' think I've bashed mike in this thread at all...just made a couple jokes and asked a couple questions.

So, cold side pipe with greddy flange? Was this a custom order from Todd? I mean, this isnt' something he normally prduces, right? Or is it one of his new projects?
Old 04-17-2008, 06:04 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mr_Meaty
I dont' think I've bashed mike in this thread at all...just made a couple jokes and asked a couple questions.

So, cold side pipe with greddy flange? Was this a custom order from Todd? I mean, this isnt' something he normally prduces, right? Or is it one of his new kits?

I bought his manifold thinkin i could modify my pipes but i found it easier to call todd and ask hey do you have pipes to fit my car with your manifold and he said yea it'll take me acouple days to make them and so on ..... But they are the same pipes that you have on your car ya know. I understand that he makes them when ordered now....
Old 04-17-2008, 06:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh...so You got his "greddy replacement" manifold?
How long did it take for you to get that from him?
Old 04-17-2008, 06:26 PM
Scikotics
SL Member

Guys let's state facts and get past this internet politics thats going on...... Todd is an upstanding guy doing something very difficult, in running a business.... most on this board are not educated enough to know all the work that goes into what he does, we just see the end result and want it as soon as possible..... lets focus on the great products being put out by Todd and other companies and how they are pushing the 2AZ-FE to it limits and sharing knowledge for all of us to benefit from......... I am of the opinion that this thread should be locked
Old 04-17-2008, 06:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if y'all want this thread to go away then stop replying! you're bumping it everytime you do
Old 04-17-2008, 06:39 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

just tell the OP to fkin delete it already!
Old 04-17-2008, 06:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Im not bashing! had to say that first!

But...perfection takes time man!

On a serious note though, Todd is a busy man...everything is built to order and sometimes unexpected things pop up. With that being said its not as simple as being able to ship out everything a day or even a week later sometimes seeing as how he doesn't keep parts on the shelves.

He's had my car for going on five months now, WITH MY CONSENT...didn't think he would have had it this long but things keeps getting added into the plan and certain parts ended up taking alot longer than planned to get in. Not Todds fault though, the supplier was takin a lil longer to source it and ship it.

Just be patient, he will make u a happy customer. I can say this with confidence!
Old 04-17-2008, 06:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by yellowxhoodie
just tell the OP to fkin delete it already!
the thread cannot be deleted once this thread has been replied to, unless done so by a moderator. the most the op can do is clear his orginal post
Old 04-17-2008, 07:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i dont understand why you guys are bashing on this mike fellow so bad..i dont know if you're all blinded by TT's greatness, but MIKE CLEARLY STATED NUMEROUS TIMES THAT HE TRIED TO SETTLE THIS PRIVATELY. calls were made, texts were sent, PM's sent, emails, etc. it seems as though mike tried every possible way to get in touch with todd without having to go public, and still he got no response (again according to mike).

and many of you make the response that todd is a busy man and all that is probably true..but i'm sure if he could make time to post on threads about dezod vs. TT on SL, he clearly has time to reply to a simple PM asking for an update.

i'm not taking sides since i dont know either party. just stating the facts.
Old 04-17-2008, 07:33 PM
Scikotics
SL Member

^^^^Totally inappropriate as a business person to make this type of public display in my opinion, its almost as if the motivation is not only to get his parts but founded somewhere else, thats my complaint
Old 04-17-2008, 07:37 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I have to agree with 05-RS1.

I am taking no sides by any means what so ever. but if its true that mike just wanted piping with no coating, and was told it will take a couple of days.
And then they were sent on thursday to be coated. Mike called friday and was told by todd it takes a few days......
Why did Todd come in here and tell us that his coaters oven was down???

Isnt that maybe something he should have called Mike about IMMEDIATLY and told him??

Now to those that say you have to wait for good things.....I AGREE....but when you are told it will be a few days and its 3 weeks, thats the companies fault. I am the type of person where if I order a kit from TT and they say, IT WILL TAKE 1 YEAR TO PRODUCE IT, if it takes 1 year, then its cool, I still decided to buy it.

But if you tell me it will take a couple of days, and its been a couple of weeks, I will now be upset because you didnt meat your deadline. To all those praising Todd on this, have you overlooked the fact that Mike overnighted it and was told it would be a few DAYS, not WEEKS??

I have never dealt with Todd, and this single bad instance wouldnt make me NOT deal with him, because all companies have a few kinks, but to say Mike is wrong, IS WRONG. Did he go about the post wrong, YES. His manor of typing is hard to understand and comes off as bashing, BUTT it was his way of getting a response.

MIKE...If i was you I would have made the post mroe along the lines of, hey TT I am trying to get ahold of you.
Old 04-17-2008, 07:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Bryan06tC
^^^^Totally inappropriate as a business person to make this type of public display in my opinion, its almost as if the motivation is not only to get his parts but founded somewhere else, thats my complaint
that's true and i agree with many of you on that point. but as a consumer, when you've made a purchase and are given ETAs you expect it to be somewhere close to that time. once that time has passed and you can't even get a hold of the seller by phone, email, text, PMs, then things start looking a little suspicious/funny. he did what was necessary to get some kind of response from todd about his order.

so IF everything is true about how mike tried to get in contact with todd before making this thread, then todd brought this kind of attention upon himself.

and i was unaware that mike is some sort of business person..but nonetheless, he deserved a reply to his many attempts at trying to reach todd.
Old 04-17-2008, 07:48 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

idk about todd.
but if someone was bugging the hell out of me i wouldnt answer either.
theres only so long you can be nice until it becomes annoying
Old 04-17-2008, 08:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the thing about the coaters...Todd is a perfectionist...he would not want to send ANYTHING out unfinished. If the customer gets it and is like "Yeah, I got this from turbotoyotas" and Todd isn't happy with it, it will reflect badly on TT. When I was waiting on my manifold, there was an incedent and the coating got scrateched. He redid the whole thing for me because he wanted it to be perfecct...yeah it took another week, but when I got it, it was perfect...still is.

Every one has different levels of patientce...some longer then others. But NOBODY likes waiting to long or being ignored. I understand Mike's frustration, but I think we can ALL agree that this post was not the proper way of handling things, and I'm sure the response he got from Todd due to this post is NOT what Mike wanted or intended.
Old 04-17-2008, 08:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

My eyes hurt from reading 4 pages of crap....

Can I get 15 minutes of my life back???
Old 04-17-2008, 09:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

idk about todd.

LOL at this guy... seriously GTFO...that's why you are still 18...

Think before you write something in here..
Old 04-17-2008, 09:32 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by dannygenio
idk about todd.

LOL at this guy... seriously GTFO...that's why you are still 18...

Think before you write something in here..
x2
Old 04-17-2008, 09:35 PM
Banned
SL Member

LOCK THIS F'N THING ALREADY!
Old 04-17-2008, 09:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ibtl

Quick Reply: Attention Todd @ Why Industries