Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Automatic SuperCharger Fit Kit - Released Dyno #s on pg 20

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 12:48 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I was certain of this too, but i triple checked with the dealer.

I didnt even ask him, he just brought it up in a matter of fact way. Then I questioned him several times. He just wouldnt budge.

Might as well turbo.
Old 05-05-2006, 03:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...542527#1542527

i dyno'd my car on wed.
Old 05-05-2006, 04:11 AM
5 Year Member

SL Member

Still no word on the guy with the SC on the automatic tc??? Maybe he was having to much fun one day and pushed his car to the limit and hit mach1 and lost control. Oh right we drive a tC forgot... I could have sworn I was driving a jet or something with all this wind noise. Or was I only going 105mph with my windows down and sunroof open
Old 05-05-2006, 05:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

your scion is warrantied with a sc. completly. the forms for waranty work on something to do with the sc might go to trd, but there is no warranty "voiding". period. never. the actual coverage provider might just change. but trd doesnt warranty your sunroof, or your audio equipment. toyota does and still will.
Old 05-08-2006, 04:45 AM
5 Year Member

Surely there's more than one guy driving a supercharged auto?
Old 05-08-2006, 01:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

there probably is..mayb they just dont post on forums.
Old 05-09-2006, 03:46 AM
5 Year Member

SL Member

well 05-rs1 i think u might be right but once my audio project gets done and my car interior is put back together 100% I will be purchasing the TRD SC and the fit kit from trdsparks.com and having the dealer in fort pierce florida install it hopefully. I have to call them this week and find out how much? how long? and if they have ever done it before? Maybe once I get it I might be able to go get her dynoed and get some numbers but by that time maybe the guy for itt tech that started posting on this topic( i believe thats what school he said) will have his number up by that time.
Old 05-09-2006, 06:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

how long will it be before u finish ur audio and interior? btw i passed up on sound system to get the s/c . sound system was spose to be my summer project but then s/c came out. imma wait til winter to do sound. im sending in confirmation info to credit card company tomorow and might take a week or so before i get the card. has a $2000 limit not bad for a person with absolutely no credit eh? dont worry guys, i got money saved up to pay for it. i just think this is a good way to start building my credit. plus, 6 months interest free :D. soo after that comes in, i gotta find a dealer in houston that would install it even if i dont buy the kit from them. alotta the dealers in houston are being **** about it . soo realistic ETA for me is mayb towards the end of summer, mayb a little sooner?
Old 05-09-2006, 01:18 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member

Well as far as my audio project goes. I had to rip EVERYTHING inside out to dampen it with the eDead products from Elemental Designs. Now all I have to do is mount my amps in the rear quarter panels and then make my stealth sub box for my eu700's and I will be done. So I am hoping no more than a couple of weeks. It sucks not having time off to finish your projects, being an assistant manager at Walgreens, even though they are paying quite well for a 20yr with hardly any experience in management, i tend to only get off on Sundays and then once I start on my car something comes up. But the whole front half is done and all thats left is rear so I am hoping the supercharger will be in by next month sometime.
Old 05-09-2006, 02:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

cool. as long as somebody gets it lol. if i get it first, i promise, numbers the next day..err make that second day after its installed..just to gimme some time to have fun with it lol
Old 05-09-2006, 10:56 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member

any of you guys thinking about the TRD SC that also have mods like...CAI,exhaust,header are ya'll worried anywhere on here about it hurting the performance of the SC I thought I read somewhere on here that it would sacrifice some performance. Becuz I love the looks of the Injen BLACK CAI, would love to get the DC Sports header and also a cat-back but want to keep warranty atleast until 60,000miles because if anything should go wrong (like freak accident style it would be within 35,000 miles I would hope then I might get the I,H,E upgrades.
Old 05-10-2006, 02:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i dont think i/h/e would void warranty for the s/c..correct me if im wrong. i dont believe they void the warranty of the car either. the only thing is if toyota determines that it is because of the mods that something needs to be fixed or replaced, they wont warranty it. otherwise ur car would still be covered if it was somethin else that doesnt have to do with mods.

i dont think getting a header does anything negative for performance..CAI might cause u to lose 1-3 tq but more gains to hp..same with a bigger exhaust system except u may lose a couple more low end from less back pressure.
Old 05-13-2006, 03:39 AM
5 Year Member

SL Member

Guys I will probably NOT be buying the TRD SC instead I am gonna buy my 19" rims like I orignally planned and hold off on the FI. Maybe once the tC gets paid off and by that time there will be much more experience in this category for this young car and maybe then I will see about getting the Turbo. Plus I will probably be getting my 96 Xplorer 5.0 and I know once I get that thing I will spend quite a bit on her. At one time she was a beauty now she is looking and sounding alittle butch.
Old 05-13-2006, 04:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

aww man..well we all gotta go our own ways eh? the other guy still hasnt posted any numbers on it..it might be about 3-4weeks before i s/c. the reason being is i've been lazy to send in the info for my CC application. i finally get around to doing it today and unfortunately, i read that it is void after 30 days..its been 31 days today . however there is a good side. i re-applied for it online and instead of a $2000 credit line like i originally had, i get a whopping $2500!!! lol meaning more money available. that extra $500 bumped plans up about 2-3weeks for me. so im waiting for them to send me an information request form again. that'll be about 3-4 days i think. then this time i'm going to immediately send in the information and hopefully a week later i get the s/c. im still searching for a local dealer that would install the s/c if i bought from trdsparks though. keep ur fingers crossed guys!
Old 05-13-2006, 01:09 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member

Good luck 05-RS1... yeah I decided to not do the FI becuz if I do get the xplorer back it will take a good change to put her back into the shape I once had her and since it will be mine again I can finally do with it as I like. Plus I have always had this idea of a 96 xplorer with a stroker engine, supercharged, alittle bit of NOS and running like 11's to 12'... boy I remember those days if you guys ever get a chance check out explorerforum.com there is a guy on there by the name of TROLL with the same exact Xplorer I had but with the previously stated modifications to it and he had a video clip of him at the tracks doing like 12's but he was braking it the last bit of the track so he wouldn't get thrown out. It is such a nice Xplorer.
Old 05-14-2006, 08:06 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

guys, i guess most of you dont go reading the other F/I threads.
If you do get a header/pulleys/BPV/intake/anything engine and supercharger wise.
toyota/trd WILL blame whatever is wrong on that and not warrenty the repairs

so no playing until the warrenty is up.

and on a related note i went ahead and accepted a raise on my credit limit.
my bank bumped it up by $5,000.
Old 05-14-2006, 10:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so..even if they install the s/c and see ur header sitting on the front of the engine, months later, something comes up and they wont fix it? that's horse sh*t! but i mean, the only thing that has caused a problem for the s/c has been the pulleys so far right? even those that have swapped bpv's have yet to have any problems. im staying away from pulleys until more light is shed on the issue.
Old 05-15-2006, 12:17 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

they blamed highlandermacs oil issues on his header.

and the TRD sparks guy directly asked them what mods would void the s/c warrenty. and everything was listed.

read this thread (entirely)
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=112782
Old 05-15-2006, 01:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

*sigh* so many things that discourage me from getting the s/c..turbo may be the answer if there are this many restrictions.
Old 05-15-2006, 01:39 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

turbo will crap your warrenty just as easily.

but for now, they are easier to fix if something does go wrong.

Quick Reply: Automatic SuperCharger Fit Kit - Released Dyno #s on pg 20