Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Automatic SuperCharger Fit Kit - Released Dyno #s on pg 20

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 02:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SkaTG2k3
05-RS-1
+1 for confirmation of install... so next tuesday... ITS OFFICIAL... YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST>>>

WE WILL HAVE DYNO NUMBERS! CELEBRATE the your independance while FREEING yourself from limitations due to lack of displacement!!!
its been done. car was dropped off this morning at 10:30..however i got some bad news . stupid me forgot to pack the auto fit kit!!!! frank, the mechanic that's workin on my car, called me at around 5:30 to tell me it wasnt there..so i got home and found it sitting under some clothes in my closet..i felt soo stupid! so i rushed all the way back over there..took me about 45 minutes to get there because of traffic. when i got there frank had already left for the day so i just left it there for him tomorow morning. it was going to be finished tomorow but i dont know if that's still gonna happen because of my mistake.

and to clarify, numbers will come soon but i dont think they will come as soon as tuesday (unless u meant install was goin down today). im goin to try to control myself and properly break it in before having any fun with it..its gonna be tough though. dyno in mayb a week and half? i wanna get at least 300 miles on it before opening her up.

and finally...can you believe this car is a loaner?!!??! the great guys at joe myers gave me this one to use as a loaner! i was shocked..i was expecting a corolla..and then he told me white xB..and then the guy drives up the white promo xB. wow. that thing is pretty nice. one complaint...its slloooooooow. oh well their xB is more for show then go so its all good.
Old 06-28-2006, 02:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

want to see auto numbers
Old 06-28-2006, 02:39 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

i am glad your local dealer is as cool as some we have here, I can totally see some of the ones here doing the same thing and letting someone use their dealer show-offs as a loaner, free advertising man!

and did, I hope i speak for everyone when I say this.

We know your not going to leave us in the dark with some numbers, you have been in this thread in ignorance for too long like the rest of us!
take your time to properly break her in enough, we have waited this long we can wait another 500 miles or so.

and if someone doesn't like it.
and if you do end up leaving us in the dark

really though, theres a right way and theres a fast way, take the time it needs.
Old 06-28-2006, 02:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 06-28-2006, 02:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

thats 1 hot loaner! id rock it!

and then the occasional TEXAS store! Everything in 1 stop
Old 06-28-2006, 02:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

p.s.- dont 4get the lotto!
Old 06-28-2006, 07:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Defined3
Scikotics
SL Member

ALL RIGHT! I GUESS I WILL WAIT THEN!!! SANTA, I HAVE BEEN A VERY GOOD BOY THIS YEAR!!!

( all i hear about is do it right for you and wait... WHAT ABOUT MY NEEDS!!! I NEED DYNO NUMBERS!!!)

stupid moderaters with their "do the right thing" posts...

dont ban me...
Old 06-29-2006, 02:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

THE REVIEW:
well i only floored it twice. once a little after i drove it off the lot and the other around the corner of my house. im proud to say that i finally felt some pull in that 3rd gear! i got pushed back in my seat and it was a great feeling. second time flooring didnt pull as hard as the first. i think it's cuz the s/c suffered the heat soak everyone has spoken about. it was about a 45 minute drive from the dealership to my house. i didnt get a chance to check out how the new shifts looked on the rpm gauge but i could definitely tell they were a lot quicker and smoother. after reaching a new gear, the rpms climb much faster back to the sweet spot, eps. the 3rd gear. i am definitely satisfied with the s/c but because of the heat soak problem, looks like imma have to wrap that blingin' header to reduce much of the heat that comes off of them.

Check out my review of the best dealership in Houston, TX. Joe Myers Toyota/ Scion
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...675366#1675366
Old 06-29-2006, 03:54 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

^^ heat soak really sucks....i don't even have a header. But that second and third gear pull is cool isnt it!
Old 06-29-2006, 05:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hellz yeh!
Old 06-29-2006, 11:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

welcome to the club meng...

It's a fun ride.
Old 06-29-2006, 05:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Defined3
Scikotics
SL Member

congrats buddy... and enjoy being king of the thread, as anything you say will be spoken as if it were gospel
Old 06-29-2006, 05:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

dude, I see they did not install the tamper-proof cap. That is not good. You need that on there for warranty purposes.

Have them put it on...or snap it on yourself.

Of course the header alreayd f'd you on warranty concerns for the s/c. They will void the s/c warranty because of that.
Old 06-29-2006, 06:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Defined3
Scikotics
SL Member

wait, i thouhgt if they do not install the tamper proof cap, the DEALERSHIP is liable... i am only a law STUDENT, but in most cases the liability is not on the consumer as they are not EXPECTED to inspect the car for dealer safeguards...

... for instance... a lot of the first generation PS2s had a sticker that imprinted "void" on to your playstation, if removed. this was meant to stop people from modding, breaking and returning... but is was made of bad material, and peeled off due to humidity. Sony of America had to replace many 1st generation PS2s because of this, even if they were in fact modded, because THEY failed to implement their safegaurd correctly...

if anything, i would take some pictures, have them sigened and dated with legal affidavit as being at the time of install, acknowledging that you know this is your engine bay, but claim ignorance to whatever the tamper proof cap IS... drop a 9.5 psi pulley on there... if it blows, put back on the stock pulley, and bring it in to the dealer. when they say your tamper proof cap is removed, act as if that is the first you have heard of the thing (they obviously didn't brief you of it on install if they didn't install it). IF they STILL give you problems, drop the BOMB on em for the reason of "just in case anything goes wrong, i took a picture of your work, so anybody could see mistakes that could lead to problems." if the pictures match up, with a signed proof of date as being the same day of install.. i do not see any BIG BUSINESS beating the little guy in court... header or not... they MESSED up...

so in conclusion... gimme those dyno numbers...
Old 06-29-2006, 07:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

it's true...but I would mention it to them ...

be honest...don't go out and try to f someone. That's part of the reason why our insurance rates are so high on everything...because people are out to make a buck by screwing others and then suing over it.
Old 06-29-2006, 07:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i was already aware of the tamper proof cap. that was the first thing i asked the Frank, my mechanic, about. he said he left it off on purpose . but the other reason it was left off was because it was a poorly made cap that didnt exactly fit on the nut properly. he is the chief mechanic there and does all the s/c installations on every car that comes in for one. he told me just bring in the work order and talk to him because he'll know that it was his work.

and about the header, he just recommended that i wrap them, which is what i was going to do anyways. he suspects that the header is heating up the oil that goes through the shaft and that contributes to the heat soaking problem and may be somewhat of a factor on some of the problems other s/c'd tc's have had. soo im gonna get the DEI header wrap in black and unfortunately im going to have to wrap up that beautiful header.

thanks for all the comments! i'll be sure to keep you guys posted.
Old 06-29-2006, 07:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

He 05-RS1, your tC is an automatic transmission right? And you have to take out your Injen Intake right? from the pictures it looks like it'll fit with the Supercharger.

How much of an increase will the Supercharger for the auto make compared with the Manual Supercharger? The Manual will put down about 190+ WHP, so can the Auto be able to put down that much as well?
Old 06-29-2006, 08:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Defined3
Scikotics
SL Member

yes his tc is automatic... look at pictures above ^^^ no injen intake... wait a week for him to get the numbers... maybe read the thread... it sometimes helps...
Old 06-29-2006, 10:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yes his tc is automatic... look at pictures above ^^^ no injen intake... wait a week for him to get the numbers... maybe read the thread... it sometimes helps...
yeh dude..and to elaborate on the intake, after the s/c was installed, it became very cluttered under the hood. the new air box takes up a lot of space. im not sure if the injen will still fit but i will make an attempt. im thinkin of just trying to put the CAI pipe and connect it onto the hose from the airbox. chances are somebody's already tried that and failed. if that's the case i might cut the CAI pipe so that it would fit. either that or sell the whole intake. probable the first option because i looked at the pipe and seems to have one or two little dings on it.
Old 06-29-2006, 10:20 PM
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

and finally...can you believe this car is a loaner?!!??! the great guys at joe myers gave me this one to use as a loaner! i was shocked..i was expecting a corolla..and then he told me white xB..and then the guy drives up the white promo xB. wow. that thing is pretty nice. one complaint...its slloooooooow. oh well their xB is more for show then go so its all good.

That be us right there! This is how we take care of the Houston Crew!

Quick Reply: Automatic SuperCharger Fit Kit - Released Dyno #s on pg 20