Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Automatic SuperCharger Fit Kit - Released Dyno #s on pg 20

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 11:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I can't believe I just did it! I ordered it from sparks...Man, I was staring at the checkout page for a long time and then I accidentally clicked the "submit" button. So there you guys have it. Another S/C auto on the way...
Old 08-17-2006, 12:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

yesssssss!!!
Old 08-17-2006, 12:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Best of luck to you man, you'll love it
Old 08-17-2006, 12:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I better love it! I feel $4,000 poorer! :-(

One of the biggest investment I've done other than my car. I wanna try and get it installed before the 27th so I can make the Wide Open Scion event at Sac Raceway.

I'm not going to tell my girlfriend yet cause she'll get mad at me spending all this money. I'm going to secretly get it installed without her knowing. It doesn't take two days does it?
Old 08-17-2006, 01:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nope, drop it off the night before or that morning and you can pick it up that afternoon
Old 08-17-2006, 01:14 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea i wish it was that easy....just make sure the head tech that is gonna do the work doesnt decide hes got an engine swap to do the same day u booked a week in advanced!!!!.....ive been waiting 3 weeks to get mine installed.....do u have any idea how it feels to make a payment for somethin that is sitting in ur trunk!!!!!sry off topic....anyway about these auto dyno #'s....can someone get them corrected? thats pathetic.....
Old 08-17-2006, 01:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TongMan
Yeah that's zero...but We'd still lose to N/A tC's??? That sucks real bad!
i really dont think an N/A manual tc (with all the available N/A mods out there) can beat a s/c auto..it seems very unlikely to me. if somebody in houston has one i'd be willing to get together and find out .

as for the track, im definitely goin sometime..dunno when that'll be. either with pete or my bro, but it's gonna happen.
Old 08-17-2006, 01:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Defined3
Scikotics
SL Member

agreed... i still am not sure i like the fact that some1 who invests $1000 in their car can smoke a guy that invests $4000, plus $500 extra for a different trany...i hope with my current mods (i have a full header exhaust), i think i can hit 200 at LEAST! if i dont... im going to be ____ed!
Old 08-17-2006, 05:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Simplyscion
its aright dude...your girl can have a faster car...Im trying to convince my girl to let me put a Dezod kit on her 07' 5 speed I dont know what I would do if I lost to my girl in a race

Nothing wrong with loosing to your girl, as long as she's beating the other guys too...
Old 08-17-2006, 06:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by 05-RS1
Originally Posted by TongMan
Yeah that's zero...but We'd still lose to N/A tC's??? That sucks real bad!
i really dont think an N/A manual tc (with all the available N/A mods out there) can beat a s/c auto..it seems very unlikely to me. if somebody in houston has one i'd be willing to get together and find out .

as for the track, im definitely goin sometime..dunno when that'll be. either with pete or my bro, but it's gonna happen.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news....but I'm putting my money on the N/A tC with all the bolt-on goodies. And that's not with ALL the available mods. I'm just talking I/H/E + Pullies. Giving the condition, drivers, A N/A tC with those mods will keep up with a MANUAL S/C tC (only). If it's an Auto S/C tC, the N/A one should result in a victory.

PS...I draw this conclusion from my video archives. Not just something I'm coming off the top of the dome with, I have this on vid of a Manual S/C tC with some really crappy times. Most likely due to driver error, as I we were running better times when we were N/A with just a full exhaust.
Old 08-17-2006, 06:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I wanna race Chris from NVS. He has a full catback, ARC Intake, and DC Header on his newly swapped manual tC. I also wanna race Brian from NVS, he has a Supercharger on his auto as well...
Old 08-17-2006, 06:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Defined3
Scikotics
SL Member

ok... i have a monster motorworks header, s-pipe, 2.5 inch exhaust, and a magnaflow muffler... please tell me that if i add a supercharger, i can at least run toe 2 toe with a sc manual... i am looking for someone to say that my extensive muffler setup will compensate for the parasitic loss of the auto tranny... or not...
Old 08-17-2006, 06:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i guess we'll jus have to find out huh smoke? mayb pete know's someone in houston with a modded 5 spd, cuz i've only met 3 other SL members in houston.

lol tongman, slow down.. u gotta get the blower first
Old 08-17-2006, 06:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SkaTG2k3
ok... i have a monster motorworks header, s-pipe, 2.5 inch exhaust, and a magnaflow muffler... please tell me that if i add a supercharger, i can at least run toe 2 toe with a sc manual... i am looking for someone to say that my extensive muffler setup will compensate for the parasitic loss of the auto tranny... or not...
dude, i pretty much hav that setup but different brands (except AW not MMW)..and i only got 170whp on a messed up graph. mayb the baseline dyno i get when i tune will be different hopefully.
Old 08-17-2006, 07:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm excited!!!
Old 08-17-2006, 08:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Defined3
Scikotics
SL Member

damn... im statring to agree with the manual drivers on this forum... AUTOS sux...
Old 08-17-2006, 12:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by 05-RS1
dude, i pretty much hav that setup but different brands (except AW not MMW)..and i only got 170whp on a messed up graph. mayb the baseline dyno i get when i tune will be different hopefully.

I've witnessed a Manual S/C setup (only) pump out 186whp on a dyno. You pumping out 170whp = a very close race. This is why I believe what I believe about Auto S/C tC vs. Manual modded N/A tC.
Old 08-17-2006, 06:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

damn... im statring to agree with the manual drivers on this forum... AUTOS sux...
Yes, they suck for tuning! Can't make it as fast as it's potential. Too much hp loss to the wheels. It's more for other things than tuners.
Old 08-18-2006, 06:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok..12 am..bored..so i decided to take my bumper off! lol. i actually needed to fix it cuz it was outta line. so i touched it up a bit and while waiting for it to dry, i look around the engine. and look what i found..

i hav no snorkel attached to my airbox. i circled the filter. that's looking up at the air box from the fender. so this whole time i think i've been using air that is more direct from the engine bay..

another thing i noticed. actually my bro noticed..

thats the t-tap that hooks up the boost line. it wasnt tightened with anythin and he tugged on the line, and it came right off. i guess trd felt it wasnt necessary to include somethin to tighten these lines down . but he's giving me the white clamp that u see on the left. it should hold it much better then the stock.
Old 08-18-2006, 06:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

[Joe]

ok ppl, stop paper racing with dyno numbers. lets see the TRACK TIMES!

Quick Reply: Automatic SuperCharger Fit Kit - Released Dyno #s on pg 20