Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Automatic tC turbo kit...........That's right!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 08:12 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Dezod i remember you from 7thgencivic.com with the d17 turbo kit. Those were pure sex too. I'll be making a purchase in the future
Old 05-31-2006, 08:22 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by Prototype_xB
Dezod i remember you from 7thgencivic.com with the d17 turbo kit. Those were pure sex too. I'll be making a purchase in the future
Yup same old us. Still making slow cars fast with the same customer service, support and quality products. PM me when your ready.
Old 05-31-2006, 10:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

how does this dezod compare to the zpi auto? isnt zpi cheaper?
Old 05-31-2006, 10:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

keep it up dezod.
Old 05-31-2006, 10:13 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by melvynray
how does this dezod compare to the zpi auto? isnt zpi cheaper?
Ours comes with a Pre-tuned e-manage with a PnP harness, tranny cooler, larger injectors and an intercooler. It is the equivalent and more of their S1 for the auto only.
Old 05-31-2006, 10:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oooh... so i take it its more powerful and reliable too?
Old 05-31-2006, 10:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

any stalling? vids? which b&m tranny cooler.
Old 05-31-2006, 11:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No stalling pulls like a **** though!!!
Old 05-31-2006, 11:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

vids!!!
Old 05-31-2006, 11:54 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

do you have the tranny cooler for sale by it self? :D
Old 05-31-2006, 11:56 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by -NEMESIS-
do you have the tranny cooler for sale by it self? :D
Sure it is available. PM me.
Old 06-01-2006, 12:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

question about the tranny cooler. Someone posted something saying that it might freeze? in cold temperatures or something say somewhere it snows in the winter? is this true? and that it could damage your tranny?
Old 06-01-2006, 12:14 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by bubblemyster
question about the tranny cooler. Someone posted something saying that it might freeze? in cold temperatures or something say somewhere it snows in the winter? is this true? and that it could damage your tranny?
I had a tranny cooler on a turbo vehicle in the snow belt of NY and NEVER had a problem.
Old 06-01-2006, 05:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ive had a tranny cooler for quite some time. No problems at all!
Old 06-01-2006, 06:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hi paul im kinda leaning into getting a Turbo instead of the SC. How much is your kit and how hard is it to install? THX in advance.
Old 06-01-2006, 06:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

is there anything that can be deleted from this kit (such as emanage and harnesses) that would cut the costs but still keep the kit fully functional? i was lookin at the zpi stage 0 because the total cost with gauges and everything was gonna run low to mid $3k. i like your kit but i just dont have the money to pay $4300+gauges, etc. pm me. thanks.
Old 06-01-2006, 07:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Lin...

The kit is pretty straight forward to install as long as you have some car/mechanical experience. A lot of people just get overwhelmed with how many things you usually do at once (turbo, oil lines, clutch, exhaust, piping, engine management, etc). Plan out a couple days with no car just to play it safe in case things taker longer than expected. All in all, it's a pretty straight forward setup and Paul and I are both available to help you out if you have any questions.

tC...

Anything can be deleted as you wish, and the end result will be you saving money. The con of this idea is the lack of the "piece of mind" you get by having to wire an entire EMS system using only a pin-out guide. People with the S/C, T-netics kit, ZPI kit, and ours, buy harnesses off of us. Excluding the VERY FIRST harness we shipped, there hasn't been a single issue with them and it makes things much easier, faster, and more reliiable in the end. Plus you can switch it out if you need warranty work. (BTW - the first harness issue was a MAF pin-out being connected in the wrong spot, it was quickly found and fixed, and never an issue again in the many harnesses we've sold since).

Engine management is the most vital part of your turbo kit. Excluding this unit is just asking for trouble. Sure the car can compensate for larger injectors for DD and clsoed loop (partial throttle) acceleration, but mat the gas and be ready to run pig rich with too much timing. Your EGT will go up, you will foul plugs, and eventually damage your motor.

For both and everyone else out there!...

We don't sell a core version of any of our turbo systems on any car because we engineer the kit specifically to attain OEM reliability. Intercoolers are needed at the boost levels most people plan on running, tuning is VITAL, and you need all those little things to go with it.

Up front costs and eventual costs are two totally different beasts. We like selling complete kits, ones that actually give you the necessary components to drive it around town, and then straight to the track.

What you get from us is hours of development and some of the highest quality product on the market for your tC.

As another quick note...
We've been noticing a HUGE misconception lately with our S1 kits. These kits are STAGE 1. They are built for daily drivers and rare to occasional weekend racers. We make peak torque BELOW 4k rpms and built about 5psi at only 2000rpms. It's a low rpm kit, meant to give you the torque you want, so you can throw down some serious grunt without taching out your car and blowing the tires away. The kit can make about 300whp and 320wtq or so at about 12-13 psi, so the potential is there, but we didn't engineer the kit for 300+ numbers.

Our S2 will be released either late next week or the following week after that. The S2 features the turbo that we've been saving. It's a turbo that's meant to be on a Stage 2 car. Stage 2 is our line where we begin to sacrafice some daily driving characteristics to give you the extra edge you need at the track. The best part is that the cost increase is minimal. Both kits are engineered to cater to specific driving styles. The S2 will make a good amount of more power, but if you only drive it on the street, it will actually feel slower. We leave this option up to you. Paul and I are almost always available to get into farther discussion on these matters.

QUICK UPDATES:
*S2 kits will not have publicly released turbo specs, as with the S1
*The new ems system is targeted to be known to the public by next weekend so stay tuned.

Hopefully that answers both of your questions well enough. Ask us if you need anything else.
Old 06-01-2006, 07:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

NOTE:

After reading my own post I'd like to say this pefore things possibly go off the deep-end.

In NO WAY am I slandering or picking at any other company's kits, whether it be a direct competitor or not. I had NO company in my mind but ours and am not targeting anyone at all. This has just simply been Dezod's philosophy since day one and we do not plan on changing it anytime soon. Once in a while it's just nice to say what we do, and why we like doing it.

Cheers guys!
Old 06-01-2006, 09:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

damn,i need 5 g's..awsome work by the way guys,ill be saving for you.
Old 06-01-2006, 12:51 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Thanks for the support and well put Joe.

Quick Reply: Automatic tC turbo kit...........That's right!