Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Balance Shaft Delete Kit - Pros/Cons - No Delete Kit Yet???

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 03:58 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tCb00b
Didn't know they changed the oil pumps? Where are you getting that information from? And please don't link to another scionlife post unless it has a PDF of a doc. from Toyota or something along those lines.
The change is pretty evident when comparing the old and new castings. I was made aware of the change by bluesciontc on ystc after he had done some research on it. Give him a shout if you are curious. A stronger more dependable oil pump is something any power enthusiast would want. Tell him I referred you.
Old 01-31-2009, 04:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

To those of you running the shaft delete are you running with a dampened pulley?
Old 01-31-2009, 01:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by SVicksTC
To those of you running the shaft delete are you running with a dampened pulley?
im sure those who have gone to the length of removing it have already expended all other possibilities of reducing drivetrain loss such as lighten flywheels and crank pulleys. so i doubt you will find one on the stock dampened crank pulley

i think a better question is how much more does this make the car vibrate? lol
Old 01-31-2009, 02:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by unxpectederror
Originally Posted by SVicksTC
im sure those who have gone to the length of removing it have already expended all other possibilities of reducing drivetrain loss such as lighten flywheels and crank pulleys. so i doubt you will find one on the stock dampened crank pulley

i think a better question is how much more does this make the car vibrate? lol

I think (correct me if I'm wrong), he was referring to a pulley like this one:

ATI Performance Products, Inc. is proud to introduce its renowned Super Damper for the Toyota 2.4L and 2.6L 2AZFE engines. These dampers will work well on both street and race applications (Part # 918523).

Unlike factory and undampened pulleys, which offer no protection to high performance engines, the ATI Super Damper provides balanced dampening of torsional crankshaft vibrations at all RPM.

The damper comes with 360° laser-etched timing marks and features a single 6-groove serpentine for use with stock belts. All ATI Super Dampers exceed SFI 18.1 Safety Certification and are approved for competition use.

Which I'm going to say 99% of them are not.
Old 01-31-2009, 05:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Correct Travis.....

I run an Agnecy power pulley and wont remove my balance shafts because of this....

However if one where to run a dampened pulley removing the balance shaft wouldnt be a bad idea

Just the combo of the both i cant see anything could coming from that extra vibration to the crank
Old 01-31-2009, 07:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

^^Yeah, that would be my plan as well. When the built motor goes in (automatically comes without the balance shafts), I will run the ATI dampner. Figured it couldn't be a bad thing, and added longevity to the crank/motor as a whole.
Old 02-13-2009, 08:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So do ppl really want a balance shaft delete kit? Id be happy to make one lol - it would include a pretty picture with info on hwo to remove shaft - a pictur eof which hole to drill n tap, and it would include a drill bit, tap, set screw, and liquid thread sealant lol
Old 02-13-2009, 10:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by thendawg
So do ppl really want a balance shaft delete kit? Id be happy to make one lol - it would include a pretty picture with info on hwo to remove shaft - a pictur eof which hole to drill n tap, and it would include a drill bit, tap, set screw, and liquid thread sealant lol
charge $100 for it too lol