Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Benefits of being able to use stock ECU when F/I?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 02:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by zer0
How many types of cars use ECU reflashes..

Subaru
Honda
Nissan
Mitsubishi
etc..

Stock ECU reflash is not a problem with those cars...why would the tC be sooo different..?
ecu reflash, no problem.. ecu tune, problem. once again, those cars have been around alot longer then the tC. when it comes to the bolt on turbo kit, yes you can flash the kit and tune the car. but if you know anything about turbos and upgrade you add to them you have to retune them, thats where the problem is coming. if you change out the head, exhaust, (maybe crank pulley and flywheel) any of those and your tune will most likely be way off.
Old 05-23-2006, 02:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Same applies to any type of engine management. You still need to retune the Unichip when you want to up the boost and get the most out of your mods. You took your eManage to ZPI to tune...

What is the difference? ECU tuning is not that bad.
Old 05-23-2006, 02:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Same applies to any type of engine management. You still need to retune the Unichip when you want to up the boost and get the most out of your mods. You took your eManage to ZPI to tune...

What is the difference? ECU tuning is not that bad.
i have the ability to tune my emanage at the house, i just dont have the knowledge. emanage is a plug and play piggyback, unichip is not. on top of that emanage's software is FREE. so any retard can download it, hook up to their car, and go from there. thats the problem with the unichip, there is limited tuners for it. emanage has been around for a really long time and there is loads of people who can tune it. i went to zpi because i thought the local guys f'd up my tune (which they did but it was my fault due to my faulty install of the maf and throttle wire.). so i figured i would go to the people who designed my turbo kit to get it running right.
Old 05-23-2006, 02:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well the advantage of the stock ECU with F/I is you dont have to tinker it with a laptop all the time...

How often do you plan on altering your tune? Not everyday. Of course when you buy new parts, but who buys performance parts everyweek...?
Old 05-23-2006, 02:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well the advantage of the stock ECU with F/I is you dont have to tinker it with a laptop all the time...

How often do you plan on altering your tune? Not everyday. Of course when you buy new parts, but who buys performance parts everyweek...?
has nothing to do with an everyweek issue, everyday issue so on so forth.. there are a million variables that you seem to be prepared to bring and im not gonna sit here and feed your bull****. point of the matter is when and if you decide to upgrade, plan on taking a road trip because the programmers will be very limited for a long time.
Old 05-23-2006, 02:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Vishnu makes a great flash program.

Because our cars have so many unique systems available, it's impossible to get the best tune from a mail-in flash.

The only thing I see a flash good for is the TRD S/C systems that have been upgraded. But I don't see enough quantity to justify a company like Vishnu to get into this field.

I think piggy-backs and stand-alones are still the best option for us.
Old 05-23-2006, 02:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Joe_Dezod
Vishnu makes a great flash program.

Because our cars have so many unique systems available, it's impossible to get the best tune from a mail-in flash.

The only thing I see a flash good for is the TRD S/C systems that have been upgraded. But I don't see enough quantity to justify a company like Vishnu to get into this field.

I think piggy-backs and stand-alones are still the best option for us.
Mr Dezod, you shouldnt agree with me, your just gonna spark up zero and start him argueing with you too. Now you know when this new turbo kit comes out everybody and their mother will have the ability to retune your ecu lol
Old 05-23-2006, 02:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I am not for or against anyone on this thread haha...

I think the people that are modding their tC just don't spend 4-5k once, and never touch it again. I guess that's my only argument. Once you get on a mod of this magnitude, you always want to change something.
Old 05-23-2006, 02:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Joe_Dezod
I am not for or against anyone on this thread haha...

I think the people that are modding their tC just don't spend 4-5k once, and never touch it again. I guess that's my only argument. Once you get on a mod of this magnitude, you always want to change something.
couldnt agree more. cept in my case, think im gonna stay with the power i have now. more then enough for me.
Old 05-23-2006, 03:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Idk what is with you man...feel free to PM me if you have a problem.

This thead is about "Benefits of being able to use the stock ECU with F/I?" you havent listed anything relevant to the topic...
Old 05-23-2006, 01:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by pollup

i have the ability to tune my emanage at the house, i just dont have the knowledge. emanage is a plug and play piggyback, unichip is not.
Whoooa there cowboy.....if the unichip is not a "plug and play piggyback," then please be so kind to explain wtf it is then, cause last I checked it took me about 4 minutes to install my unichip into my stock ecu and ohh my gosh, this whole time I thought I was running a piggyback, guess not ohhh well Also, hate to break it to ya but the company dastek that makes the unichip has been making them since the early 90's, way much longer than Emanage blue *****.
Old 05-23-2006, 02:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Alright.. lets keep our indoor voices children..

So lets say I get the WR turbo system when it comes out.. If I use the stock ECU, I would have to have it reflashed everytime I wanted to add another mod?

If I get a piggyback for the ECU, my options are what? Greddy EMU, Unichip, AEM?
Old 05-23-2006, 04:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Idk what is with you man...feel free to PM me if you have a problem.

This thead is about "Benefits of being able to use the stock ECU with F/I?" you havent listed anything relevant to the topic...
because there is no benefits. lol also the other guy says that unichip has been making chips since early 90's? SO WHY THE **** CANT YOU FIND UNICHIP TUNERS CLOSE. Anywhere you go , the shops tune emanage. So if unichip has been out so long, where did they go wrong?
Old 05-23-2006, 04:37 PM
5 Year Member

Default Talked to chris rado and team personaly

Chris rado and his team did a meet and greet at my dealer earlier last week and i talked to them about there show car. The body kit is already being sold most of you may know. The turbo kit is still in production, they have been talking with TRD and scion to get the flash code. what they are trying to do is the turbo kit and a reflash very much like the S/C TRD produces. They have been given the right to make the flash and TRD is working on the program right now. They just need to get it back and fine tune it. Chris and his crew cheif said that they want nothing less then 500hp. they will only produce one stage turbo kit if they can get those numbers. As for the actual show car it only has 100 miles on it. the turbo and the nitrous is not functional. The body kit looks a whole lot better in person then in the pictures.
Old 05-23-2006, 04:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Sweet.. good information brotha.. I tried to get info out of others, but they are about as good as talkin to a rock
Old 05-23-2006, 04:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I dunno why everyone cant find a tuner, I have 3 "Authorized" unichip tuners within 30 mins of me, and as I said before, with the unichip program anyone thats familiar with tuning on an emanage can tune a unichip. The unichip is a better unit IMO because you can control either Nitrous or a Water/alky kit and you have 2 different fuel maps, not just one.
Old 05-23-2006, 04:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Nice..
Old 05-23-2006, 06:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I also have 2 unichip shops less then 60 miles from me. Also Rado's shop is 30minutes away..
Old 05-23-2006, 07:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Which I assume means that I have around 4 or 5... most likely.