Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Best Turbo out there for your buck

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 05:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

aen! That's dope! YOu invited him to the meets and asked if he watned to join scikotics, right?
It was probably forpinks!
Old 10-21-2007, 01:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by aen
ARE YOU AEN FROM SCION LIFE?!
are you mr meaty from scionlife?

lol
no one has come up to me saying that haha. must be cool. but then it also must suck ***** when you had to tell him "no im not turboed"
Old 10-21-2007, 03:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, that sux...but hey, olaHalo, didnt' some one come up to you and ask if YOU were Mr.Meaty from scion life?
Old 10-22-2007, 07:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mr_Meaty
Yeah, that sux...but hey, olaHalo, didnt' some one come up to you and ask if YOU were Mr.Meaty from scion life?
no
i came up toe hieu before i met him and asked him if he was mr meaty.
that was the joke
Old 10-22-2007, 03:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ah, that's right...I always get the 2 of you mixed up cause you look so similar.
Old 10-22-2007, 05:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I noticed no one in here mentioned the treadstone kit? I'm not personally using it but I've never heard anything bad about it. It's the kit I have my eye on and it's only about $3k for the kit. Of course I still plan on saving up $4500-$5k in the end. Just wondering if there is a particular reason the treadstone kit was never mentioned?
Old 10-22-2007, 05:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

becauase its like talking about jet li and Quinton RAMPAGE Jackson at the same time or throwing them in the ring together..... Its Not Gonna Happen.. hahaha "IMO Ofcourse" cough cough...TURBOTOYOTAS..cough cough... hahaha
Old 10-22-2007, 05:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by java09
becauase its like talking about jet li and Quinton RAMPAGE Jackson at the same time or throwing them in the ring together..... Its Not Gonna Happen.. hahaha "IMO Ofcourse" cough cough...TURBOTOYOTAS..cough cough... hahaha
Is the treadstone kit really that bad?

Also my main concern with the turbo toyotas kit is how low some of the pipes sit to the ground. Idk how much problems it might cause but it makes me REALLY uncomfortable especially considering how the roads are out here (as well as all the !@#$% train tracks and steep driveways)
Old 10-22-2007, 05:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by XIEmperorIX
Originally Posted by java09
Is the treadstone kit really that bad?

Also my main concern with the turbo toyotas kit is how low some of the pipes sit to the ground. Idk how much problems it might cost but it makes me REALLY uncomfortable especially considering how the roads are out here (as well as all the !@#$% train tracks and steep driveways)
its not that bad at all. I ran the kit for awhile with no issues. As have many others. Gets my vote.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, you DO have to cut the foux vents out of your bumper to make the intercooler fit for the treadstone. aen has been having a hell of a time gettin them to send him parts, and liltrblsom put the emanage on with their kit and it blew out his ECU. Oh, and another guy had issues with the turbo not clearing the fan shroud...other then that, I'm sure it's a great kit!

What springs are you lowered on? Those IC pipes aren't much lower then the plastic shrouwn under the front bumper. My angle makes it look way low, plus I don't have the plastic on anymore, so it looks even lower.
I didn't get a chance to move them around this weekend...maybe next weekend.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:12 PM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Treadstone offers a nice kit but tends to require hacking of the bumper...looks nice, i did it but admittedly kind of scary. Also they offer hardly any customer service. And if you want a bigger turbo they give it to you and cross their fingers that the downpipe will fit correctly
Old 10-22-2007, 07:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, you DO have to cut the foux vents out of your bumper to make the intercooler fit for the treadstone. aen has been having a hell of a time gettin them to send him parts, and liltrblsom put the emanage on with their kit and it blew out his ECU. Oh, and another guy had issues with the turbo not clearing the fan shroud...other then that, I'm sure it's a great kit!

What springs are you lowered on? Those IC pipes aren't much lower then the plastic shrouwn under the front bumper. My angle makes it look way low, plus I don't have the plastic on anymore, so it looks even lower.
I didn't get a chance to move them around this weekend...maybe next weekend.
Look, i'm not trying to sound like a Treadstone fan boy, but what your saying about the kit has nothing to do with its quality. liltrblsom's issues had nothing to do with the kit itself. It had to do with the emanage and the shop that spliced it into his ECU. How that is the treadstone kits fault is beyond me. I know your partial to TT so thats fine. About the turbo and fan not clearing, that happeneed to one guy and once he clocked the turbo, that issue was solved. I understand you and yoru buddy has had a hard time dealing with Treadstone about othther things, thats fine. They do have pretty terrible customer service. LOL. But you can't say its a ____ty kit period.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey, I never said it was a ____ty kit. He simply siad he had NEVER heard anything bad about it. So I was pointed out what I HEARD. It does not change that fact that their website specifically states that you should not run their kit with the greddy emangage. ZPI didn't even do that!

You said you ran the kit for awhile...do you still have it?

I mean, honestly, a turbo kit is a turbo kit. The TT kit has an EL Manifold which sets it apart. Dezod has excelent customer service and multiple configurations which sets them apart. What treadstone has that sets them appart is that fact that you have to cut your bumper open...not my cup of tea.

But the question was bang for you buck...the TT kit is $600 more then the Treadstone kit...but you also need injectors and management...but the POTENTIAL of the kit is over 400whp. That is how I define bang for you buck.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey, I never said it was a ____ty kit. He simply siad he had NEVER heard anything bad about it. So I was pointed out what I HEARD. It does not change that fact that their website specifically states that you should not run their kit with the greddy emangage. ZPI didn't even do that!

You said you ran the kit for awhile...do you still have it?

I mean, honestly, a turbo kit is a turbo kit. The TT kit has an EL Manifold which sets it apart. Dezod has excelent customer service and multiple configurations which sets them apart. What treadstone has that sets them appart is that fact that you have to cut your bumper open...not my cup of tea.

But the question was bang for you buck...the TT kit is $600 more then the Treadstone kit...but you also need injectors and management...but the POTENTIAL of the kit is over 400whp. That is how I define bang for you buck.
LOL fair enough. Don't get me wrong, I like the TT kitbut how low the pipes are on the kit scares me. You've already scraped a couple times. That is no good. But hey, to each their own. At the time I bought my kit, Treadstone was the best bang for my buck. Garrett turbo, Cast iron manifold, polished piping, injectors and a nice BOV. And whether you want to believe it or not, the kit runs great off of the stock ecu. I did it the entire time I had the treadstone kit. I bought the emanage to tune it and found out my car ran better with out the emanage. So there you go.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

^^ they said the piping issue has been corrected, by how much i still need to find out when my kit get here
Old 10-22-2007, 10:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just like the treadstone with clearing the fans, it depends on how you mount the pipes. Just push them all the way in and you should be fine.

Yeah, I heard the treadstone ran better without the emanage, and I don't like NOT haveing the optoin to tune it if I want to.

Why don't you have the kit any more, and what do you have now?
Old 10-22-2007, 10:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just like the treadstone with clearing the fans, it depends on how you mount the pipes. Just push them all the way in and you should be fine.

Yeah, I heard the treadstone ran better without the emanage, and I don't like NOT haveing the optoin to tune it if I want to.

Why don't you have the kit any more, and what do you have now?
Sold the kit cause i'm selling the car. Looking to get a G35. If at the time I was ready to buy a turbo the TT kit was out, I probably would have opted for it. Its a great kit for the price.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nice! The new altima coupe is nice too!
Old 10-23-2007, 12:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i have tanabis.
THE PIPES ARE NOT AS LOW AS PEOPLE ARE THINKING THEY ARE.

zip ties ftw

the kit isnt that low!
Old 10-23-2007, 12:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Mr. Meaty: I'm lowered on the TRD springs with the TRD struts/shocks. And I noticed someone mentioned they fixed the issues with the pipes being so low?

I don't plan on going turbo for at least 6-7 months (maybe more..crap happens) so It's not like I don't have time to continue to research. Just an FYI the kits i've been kinda looking at are the Dezod, Treadstone, and TT kit.

Also with the TT kit is there a reason to get the stage 1 gt over just the regular stage 1 kit?

Quick Reply: Best Turbo out there for your buck