Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Best way to get rid of my busted supercharger?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 05:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

$450 for broken super?
Old 07-19-2009, 05:29 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

damn that sux. complete waste buying a new SC when u coulda jus rebuilt the other
Old 07-20-2009, 08:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by draxcaliber
give'em a break!

you know tina probably sweet talked him into it through PM or AIM. who could resist her charm?
I didn't sweet talk him into nothin'. I made the comment here, he PM'd me & it was done.

Originally Posted by rosedaleny806
damn that sux. complete waste buying a new SC when u coulda jus rebuilt the other
How is it a complete waste? First off, my s/c is BRAND NEW since it literally has 150 miles on it & was directly taken to Vortech where all the seals were replaced, it was pressure tested, bearings were checked, had a brand new mount, new horseshoe bracket, was fully polished by hand, brand new BPV (never installed), brand new oil pan (never installed), brand new fuel line (never installed), etc etc.

He can essentially break even on this. The guy up top just offered him $450 & on top of that, if it's just the housing/shaft that need to be replaced, he can use whatever he needs in what I shipped him & part out the rest of the stuff & make that money back.

It's not a waste. Go look up Wes' (sky-on) post on his s/c miscellaneous parts & see what money he's making off those. It's the same deal.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by kiss_kiss_kill
give'em a break!

you know tina probably sweet talked him into it through PM or AIM. who could resist her charm?
I didn't sweet talk him into nothin'. I made the comment here, he PM'd me & it was done.
and that was all it took! lol not accusing you of anything tina, just joking around!
Old 07-20-2009, 08:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

give'em a break!

and that was all it took! lol not accusing you of anything tina, just joking around!
I know, just trying to get my point across in that I didn't try & lure him into it or anything.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

give'em a break!

How is it a complete waste? First off, my s/c is BRAND NEW since it literally has 150 miles on it & was directly taken to Vortech where all the seals were replaced, it was pressure tested, bearings were checked, had a brand new mount, new horseshoe bracket, was fully polished by hand, brand new BPV (never installed), brand new oil pan (never installed), brand new fuel line (never installed), etc etc.

He can essentially break even on this. The guy up top just offered him $450 & on top of that, if it's just the housing/shaft that need to be replaced, he can use whatever he needs in what I shipped him & part out the rest of the stuff & make that money back.

It's not a waste. Go look up Wes' (sky-on) post on his s/c miscellaneous parts & see what money he's making off those. It's the same deal.

Honestly i would probably buys Tinas supercharger if i was him. From the pics ive seen of her car, she takes great care of everything and $1200 is a great price. Alteast the guy would know that everything is in great shape.
Old 07-20-2009, 09:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I hope he parts out his old s/c interested in several parts .
Old 07-20-2009, 10:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You guys are giving him crap like if it was your money he put down to get another S/C. You earn your money do what you like with it.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:28 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

lol it wasn't that serious to be so defensive, tina. just the guy coulda rebuilt his old one and most likely coulda spent less.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol it wasn't that serious to be so defensive, tina. just the guy coulda rebuilt his old one and most likely coulda spent less.
I wasn't defensive, I just explained the situation. Plus, he decided not to rebuild it, & it benefited both of us, & he was willing, so who cares.