Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

beware fraud*** turbonetics

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 05:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

turboteg117 is a dude claiming to be in Pasadena, MD who posts on Hondaswap.com and on the Team Integra websites

However his last activity was on 12/15/06.

I bring this up because he may have helped with the possible fake account I mentioned previously, and as such may have further knowledge in locating daallstar
Old 01-18-2007, 05:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by Shorty
well everything can always be tracked. remember if that good as a hacker and stealing he wouldn't go after so lil money. So ask ebay for possible help in anyway...everytime u place a item for sale u must pay in order to do so...so there should be a credit card account being used!

second as for the prepaid cell ask tmobile cingular etc.. if mins were bought with a credit card as well or debit card. might get something there or as to where he's calling you from?! with cell towers they can find out.

And since your a deputy ask your departments Tech team for help as in finding out the IP address for maybe a possible location or locations where he could live. its just a matter of how much you really wanna catch him.

Good Luck.
if the account was hacked, and this is possible, the owner of the account would have been liable for the listing fees - good thought though. i still think it's key to contact ebay, but that can take a LONG time.

good point with the cell phone.

we don't, at this time have an IP to track. looks as though all correspondence was done via throwaway cell, which is a god way to cover one's tracks. ebay would likely have the IP of the person who posted the listing, however. this being said, an IP can only get you _close_.
Old 01-18-2007, 05:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Unique Scionikz
SL Member

So.... if you called him, then you didn't even buy the item? If you never made a transaction with him in eBay, they will not release his information. And you can't leave negative to warn others. Sono___un
Old 01-18-2007, 05:53 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

the guy just actually called me. he said that his phone took a turn for the worse and he's on his way to a cell phone store to get a new one and he would call me when he gets the new phone . i asked him to give me the tracking number of the shipment but then his phone hung up. what i don't understand if this guy is scamming me then why did he call me back? i mean i only sent him the money yesterday, maybe i haven't given him enough time. but when i felt like i had bee scammed i act right away.
Old 01-18-2007, 05:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Unique Scionikz
SL Member

what number did he call you from? same or different?
Old 01-18-2007, 05:55 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

he called me from the same number.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Unique Scionikz
SL Member

Here's his first negative feedback.

"FRAUD ALERT! Descriptions are NOT accurate. Also, shipping takes 25 days."

ehh..... dunno. i hope he ships it. he might have called you back so you wont become suspicious of his scam and/or call any authorities atm?
Old 01-18-2007, 06:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by SADISTIC_TC
the guy just actually called me. he said that his phone took a turn for the worse and he's on his way to a cell phone store to get a new one and he would call me when he gets the new phone . i asked him to give me the tracking number of the shipment but then his phone hung up. what i don't understand if this guy is scamming me then why did he call me back? i mean i only sent him the money yesterday, maybe i haven't given him enough time. but when i felt like i had bee scammed i act right away.
well, you didn't say THAT! maybe give it some time, huh? I'm sure if he does rip you off, then you will have some recourse.

it may not hurt to contact ebay and report a scam, only because of their response time. not trying to be a downer, but almost everything about this seems wrong.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:02 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i'm not gonna stop any atempt to find him untill i have a verified tracking #
Old 01-18-2007, 06:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

roger that. i bet you'll do that FIRST next time. let me know if i can be of any more assistance.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:05 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

with his past EBay purchases couldn't you go to the sellers with who you are and see if they are willing to give info on names, shipping address, ways paid(to link credit cards) and look for consistencies or inconsistencies???? Or am I totally off base here???
Old 01-18-2007, 06:07 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i'm in the process of contacting them but can't disclose certain information.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:10 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't think you are going to have any luck with this whole situation beacause this very thing happened to me, but for a Greddy Kit....once you send it western union, just kiss your money good bye...I dealt with my loss for weeks after I got scammed from an eBay user and I couldn't catch him. I did some eBay searches on my guy and it turned out that he had like 15 different auctions up with the same exact damn story that I fell for, but for turbo kits for other cars. He had numerous different eBay accounts and so on...I got pretty far, but everytime I found out something new it just got worse and worse. I was scammed a total of $1000. For my age that is a lot of money to be throwing away, but I just had to suck it up. Very unfortunate situation, having to deal with people who scam money. I do believe that these kind of people should burn in hell or have to deal with some kind of torture. I tell you what though it was a lesson learned and from now on I am extremely cautious with what I buy on eBay nowadays. PayPal only from here on out for you, because if something like this happenes again PayPal just takes your money back out of their bank account with ease and you end up losing nothing. I'm sorry to hear about your story, but I have now talked to several people around the states that have been scammed for scion tC turbo kits on eBay and it makes me freaking sick to my stomach that whoever is doing such a thing has not been caught, but they will some day and hopefully be hanged.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

what an A@@ hole, goodluck , get your monet back and make him do time....
Old 01-18-2007, 06:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by Ambition760
I don't think you are going to have any luck with this whole situation beacause this very thing happened to me, but for a Greddy Kit....once you send it western union, just kiss your money good bye...I dealt with my loss for weeks after I got scammed from an eBay user and I couldn't catch him. I did some eBay searches on my guy and it turned out that he had like 15 different auctions up with the same exact damn story that I fell for, but for turbo kits for other cars. He had numerous different eBay accounts and so on...I got pretty far, but everytime I found out something new it just got worse and worse. I was scammed a total of $1000. For my age that is a lot of money to be throwing away, but I just had to suck it up. Very unfortunate situation, having to deal with people who scam money. I do believe that these kind of people should burn in hell or have to deal with some kind of torture. I tell you what though it was a lesson learned and from now on I am extremely cautious with what I buy on eBay nowadays. PayPal only from here on out for you, because if something like this happenes again PayPal just takes your money back out of their bank account with ease and you end up losing nothing. I'm sorry to hear about your story, but I have now talked to several people around the states that have been scammed for scion tC turbo kits on eBay and it makes me freaking sick to my stomach that whoever is doing such a thing has not been caught, but they will some day and hopefully be hanged.
i hear ya. unfortunately, the world is full of these people. there's even one on here that admits it.
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...ghlight=boxman
Old 01-18-2007, 06:16 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

As you can see though that my avatar is a picture of my turbo manifold all ready assembled. Once I recovered from my western union losses I was determined to buy a turbo kit so I did it the right way and saved up for a complete kit from Treadstone Performance which was not an eBay associated idea and what do you know I was not scammed. I made sure that it was not going to happen again.....Good Luck with your case though and I'll stay tuned to your thread to see the latest findings. Since you are law enforcement you have a better chance than me at catching your criminal.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I called this guy last night around 7:30 to ask him about the kits. He told me that he had just shipped out three of the kits and the 1 kit he had left the guy had just backed out on. He then told me if I wanted the kit I would have to send him half the money asap as a down payment and he would not sell the kit. I asked him where he lived and he said Florida and that was it. I then asked him what his name was so I could get back to him. He told me his name was JR.

Don't know if any of this info helps.

Jeremy
Old 01-18-2007, 06:29 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks too all who are helping me with my investigation. i am hoping that maybe iam just jumping the gun to early and that he really did ship it out already and is just having problems with his phone. but in my line of work you tend to see the bad sides of people and learn to expect that. hopfully everything will work out but i think it's unlikely. i will keep everyone posted.

and as for boxman. you are in violation of the law, you may not keep payment for any item without giving the purchaser the item he baught. you should either give him his money back or give him the item he purchased. regardless of went down one of the two needs to happen or you can be prosecuted.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by tCTaco
Thats BS man....People like that should have their nutz placed on a chop block and smashed with a rubber mallet!
I bet it would only take one guy as an example and that would never happen again.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:51 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

The guy said he was based out of Florida!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW I bet that this is the same son of a B*tch that I dealt with.............OMG you have got to be kidding me....Ft. Lauderdale Florida is where my guy said he was located and I wired the damn money to Miami......hmmmmmmmmmmmsome fishy stuff going on here.

Quick Reply: beware fraud*** turbonetics