Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Blown F.I. tC Engines?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 05:28 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by JaCqEeZ
With the money some heads are droppin to make there tC faster... they shouldve just gotten a nicer car to begin with. I think its absolutely retarded the amount of heads blowing there engines cuz they tried boostin without doing other needed upgrades.
when you say "heads" are you refering to people?
Old 05-29-2007, 05:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

all my boosted tc friends have never blown motors and they are running high psi for over a year now.. good parts and good tune = no problems..

i see more tc's pop because of a bad driver, tune or poorly installed parts VS. the kits themselves as far as bad r&d..
Old 05-29-2007, 05:37 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by jrodTc
Originally Posted by AngrySnail
No need to apologize. I woulda donked me too if I was "noob" coming across giving expert advice_

Now go buy a boosted car!!!
...it's funny that you say that...
STi? Evo? Speed3? GTI? Speed6? Gimme Gimme Gimme!!! lol
Nah.. it's none of the above_
If I tell you you're just going hate like everyone else does
(If I didn't give myself away with that.. you're NOT worthy)
Old 05-29-2007, 05:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No need to apologize. I woulda donked me too if I was "noob" coming across giving expert advice_

Now go buy a boosted car!!!
...it's funny that you say that...
STi? Evo? Speed3? GTI? Speed6? Gimme Gimme Gimme!!! lol
Nah.. it's none of the above_
If I tell you you're just going hate like everyone else does
(If I didn't give myself away with that.. you're NOT worthy)
Neon SRT-4 it is!!!! LOL!! I won't hate. To each their own.
Old 05-29-2007, 06:01 PM
SL Member

I told I'd give it away!
I see why people hate them/us... They're kinda 'eh', and not MERELY as down as the Scion peeps. I'm on the SRT forums, but kick it here unless I have a problem with my car ( none thus far- thank you very much) A lot good guys on there, but... you know?
No, but I love the car. I bought an '05 with a little less under 12k miles.
I'm not going to come on here and brag because it's not what I intend to do. Plus, I dont want the srt4 "cockbag" rep, but.. wow, It's tough to miss the old TC

FOR THE RECORD: If you guys think srt4 guys are 'meh', you have never seen a CIVIC! Now that I have an srt4, people just FEEL threatened all of the time, and the stupid shyt you see people do just to get your attention
I still love the TC, and always watch it go by... even in my new car.
I still want to learn stuff, and FI is FI wherever you go... so....
Old 05-29-2007, 06:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i guess it's how each person sees it. hell i've blown engines designed to take 1000hp. all it takes is a simple error or something stupid. for me it was a piece of dirt in the wastegate line and boom 40psi of boost.

i will say this though, from the tc's ive seen or heard about blowning up, it's usually due to operator error. prime example is the above post mentioning the wastegate line. had the person run a quality line and used a ziptie that line probably wouldn't have come off. i don't care if your running 5 or 50psi. you should always ziptie all your lines. it's the shortcuts that hurt the most.
Old 05-29-2007, 06:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I told I'd give it away!
I see why people hate them/us... They're kinda 'eh', and not MERELY as down as the Scion peeps. I'm on the SRT forums, but kick it here unless I have a problem with my car ( none thus far- thank you very much) A lot good guys on there, but... you know?
No, but I love the car. I bought an '05 with a little less under 12k miles.
I'm not going to come on here and brag because it's not what I intend to do. Plus, I dont want the srt4 "cockbag" rep, but.. wow, It's tough to miss the old TC

FOR THE RECORD: If you guys think srt4 guys are 'meh', you have never seen a CIVIC! Now that I have an srt4, people just FEEL threatened all of the time, and the stupid shyt you see people do just to get your attention
I still love the TC, and always watch it go by... even in my new car.
I still want to learn stuff, and FI is FI wherever you go... so....
Well i'm glad you were able to get what YOU wanted. Thats all that matters. You killed two birds with one stone; the yearn for boost and the want of an SRT! No don't get mad when a boosted tC smokes ya! Just kidding!
Old 05-29-2007, 07:00 PM
SL Member

[quote="jrodTc"
! NoW don't get mad when a boosted tC smokes ya! Just kidding![/quote]

Dude, that's not even funny!
I've had nightmares waking up in coldsweat imaginig that!
I'd kill myself on the spot! I'd "WOT" on the srt4 and manage to climb out doing 140 (mph) and stand in front of the srt4 and let it hit me! lol
Old 05-29-2007, 07:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by JaCqEeZ
With the money some heads are droppin to make there tC faster... they shouldve just gotten a nicer car to begin with. I think its absolutely retarded the amount of heads blowing there engines cuz they tried boostin without doing other needed upgrades.
That's just it, though. I was pricing stuff out, and if I sold my car and took the money I was going to use for boost, I could get a used EVO. But I don't think the Evo is a nicer car to begin with. It's just got boost and AWD. the tC is nicer. Plus, I've had it since it was 1 mile old! This is my baby, and I'm going to make it what i want it to be. No other factory boosted car in my pricerange is going to satisfy me now!
Old 05-29-2007, 09:43 PM
SL Member

I'm sorry.... did you just put EVO and UGLY in the same sentence?
Old 05-29-2007, 09:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

[quote=AngrySnail]
Originally Posted by "jrodTc"
! NoW don't get mad when a boosted tC smokes ya! :silly: Just kidding![/quote

Dude, that's not even funny!
I've had nightmares waking up in coldsweat imaginig that!
I'd kill myself on the spot! I'd "WOT" on the srt4 and manage to climb out doing 140 (mph) and stand in front of the srt4 and let it hit me! lol
wanna race?
Old 05-29-2007, 10:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm sorry.... did you just put EVO and UGLY in the same sentence?
who, me?
No. I don't think I used the word ugly in my post at all.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

But I don't think the Evo is a nicer car to begin with. It's just got boost and AWD. the tC is nicer.

Have you even driven one? :p
Old 05-29-2007, 10:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE the Evo. That was the only car i would consider trading my tC for. But I'd only be able to get a used one, and I am the ONLY person who had ever driven my car, for the most part. It's got sentimental value. Plus, it looks HOT.

Now if we were talking about the '08 Evo X...:drool:
Old 05-30-2007, 01:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Dyltone
Too familiar... If anyone wants to know my story, please ask me via PM. I'm done with defending my story to Travis, Mike, and Paul.
What do you mean done? You never had to defend anything. You said what you had to say and I listened to you. I said that sucked and was sorry to hear it. The thing is you said it and said it and said it again. Then you made comments about... well you know. Then you started again. I heard your story, it sucks what happen. I'm in a similar boat you're in but I'm not shoving it in peoples faces and calling them names.

The problem I have with you now (never had non before) is that you are doing nothing but harassing people with ZPI stuff or people who mention ZPI. Your beef is between you and ZPI... not me, Mike, Travis, or 90% of the tCs on here. Keep it between you and ZPI!

If you have some other problems with us then move it to pms and if not I'm sure we can talk it out at the track or someplace else. Just drop it already!

BTW, Add me to this list. Not sure what happened exactly yet. There has been some theories but all I can say is the car lost oil pressure and was turned off immediately. Long story short I'm build the short block now.
Old 05-30-2007, 01:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

^^^ Wow man, last I saw you were asking gobbs of questions about F/I and now apparenlty your an expert.
It's not that, man... it's that whenever the conversation comes up when people start questioning the reliability of a car and probable outcomes, it's like.. I KNOW THIS.
Money wasn't the reason for not boosting my TC, it just concerned me.
The more and more I looked into myself, the more I realized how tricky this can be.
It'd be tough to come up with all the money for the turbo, but it can be done.
But where the FCK do I get a new engine after spending all my money boosting it?!
I don't know it all, and I wasn't tuning my own horn, but I know where he's coming from and I know why he's asking; for the same reasons I did. I just see Dyltone's POV, and I honestly cannot (financially) afford so be in his situation.
I didn't mean to step on anyones toes, especially yours after all the help you've given me... It was just my opinion_
Every kit out has had a blown motor attached to it at one point (turbo, super charger, and even NA cars). When boosting it comes down to a bunch of things... the kit, the tuner, the installer, the motor, and last and very import the driver believe it or not. It's real easy to have a boost controller and get caught up in the moment and boom. We all know the risk and possible cost if something goes wrong. Me, I didn't cry about it or get ____ed. I figured what I had to do and what I wanted to do and went from there. I could of spent $700 on a new motor but I decided to spend thousands on a new setup. Everyone has the option of what they want to do and how long it's gonna take to get it done (well about how long).
Old 05-30-2007, 01:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by TCpete
all my boosted tc friends have never blown motors and they are running high psi for over a year now.. good parts and good tune = no problems..

i see more tc's pop because of a bad driver, tune or poorly installed parts VS. the kits themselves as far as bad r&d..
Best thing I've read so far in this thread.
Old 05-30-2007, 02:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE the Evo. That was the only car i would consider trading my tC for. But I'd only be able to get a used one, and I am the ONLY person who had ever driven my car, for the most part. It's got sentimental value. Plus, it looks HOT.

Now if we were talking about the '08 Evo X...:drool:

Well at least you have a point of reference ;)

I'd definitely stick with your current car if all you can afford is a used Evo. Something about the devil you know :D It's not a car that's normally driven gently.

The X looks like an Acura
Old 05-30-2007, 03:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, those headlights...but I love the evo IIX, IX, and we'll see about the X.

I mean, not only would it be a used evo, it would be a STOCK used evo! I would have to wait awhile to build up the funding just for some coilovers!!!
Now if I blow my tC engine on the first pull, I might be singing a different tune!!!
Old 05-30-2007, 07:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey!

I just raced an SRT-4 an hour ago... I'm stock!

OK, I'm at 55 zone and there's not much people (me, 5 Harleys and the black SRT-4.) So, I got close to him and revved the "Camry" , we got to the light and I turned my AC and stereo off and he asked me if he can race teh "Camry", I said sure! He then cranked his system up and revved it!

The light turned green and I launched great with very little wheel spin on first, he spinned for about 1.5sec and got close to my tail until I shift and got ahead again, then he missed the ever needed 3rd gear! he missed it bad and once I shifted to 4th and hit 100 he was about a "Yaris" length behind, I stepped on the brakes and went to 60, he passed me (obviously) and then he coasted to 60 and matched up with me and honked.

So I floored it and went ahead a tiny bit on 3rd and then nicely shifted 4th, he was on 4th so he got the extra RPMs + the turbo, he won by 3 cars! then we where on a light again and he said I was pretty good, I asked him for 1 more try, same thing as first except he spinned 2nd bad and missed 3rd again ( I hear 2 vrooms)! I won by a skateboard length!

It was a nice race but I had to turn at the next light... Glad I didn't get my license canceled I had no detectors...

Quick Reply: Blown F.I. tC Engines?