Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Blown turbo ??

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 02:39 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Check your spark plugs. When the 2AZ dentonates, it goes pig rich then bounces back. It floods the car with fuel and pulls several degrees of timing.
Old 12-19-2007, 02:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

my friend suggessted that this might be a fuel injector prob well last night for the first time i would be driving there would be no power the car was jerking back and forward and a like spirting sound was coming from the exhaust finally got it started and drive home. ughhh i cant find out im gonna have the codes read 2morrow see maybe its the spark plugs or injectors.
Old 12-19-2007, 01:19 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Sounds like a tuning issue. Where you retuned for the winter byta?
Old 12-19-2007, 02:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Matt, I have a pieced together Dezod Kit with the a/r .63 turbo. Its really sweet.
Old 12-19-2007, 08:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yesss i was retuned but the car was fine for a while then all of a sudden i got the codes read there were 2 codes one was catlytic converter the other was mass air flow sensor. might have to order a new sensor and a new turbo.... i toook the intake offf today and noticed a good amout or oil residue. im deff burning oil or somthing cause the other night crazy black smoke was coming from the back of the car sooo that prob menas im burnung oil. i think the seals went bad on the turbo and some of the oil in the intake got on the mass air sensor and ruined it. but then again it can be soo many other things as well. im pretty sure my tune is good cause it was fine for month or soooo afrs were mint .......... maybe the methanol that they installed when it went in for a tune has dsomthing to do with it.
Old 12-19-2007, 08:48 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by Byta27
yesss i was retuned but the car was fine for a while then all of a sudden i got the codes read there were 2 codes one was catlytic converter the other was mass air flow sensor. might have to order a new sensor and a new turbo.... i toook the intake offf today and noticed a good amout or oil residue. im deff burning oil or somthing cause the other night crazy black smoke was coming from the back of the car sooo that prob menas im burnung oil. i think the seals went bad on the turbo and some of the oil in the intake got on the mass air sensor and ruined it. but then again it can be soo many other things as well. im pretty sure my tune is good cause it was fine for month or soooo afrs were mint .......... maybe the methanol that they installed when it went in for a tune has dsomthing to do with it.
If ANY foreign matter or oil for that matter touched the MAF, chances are that is the cause of much of your problems. These MAFs are retardely sensitive.
Old 12-19-2007, 09:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Im in the smithtown area and am on vacation for the rest of the week if you want me to take a look at the car for you and help diagnose some of ur issues. What year is your car? I could probly snag a MAF sensor from another tC at the dealership and plug it in your car to see if the problem stops before you go and spend close to$200 on a new MAF sensor and not know if that will 100% solve the problem. I will be around the rest of the week but will be in jersey saturday and sunday. Shoot me a PM, I also have a code reader if you need to use one
Old 12-21-2007, 10:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have had the same problems with mine...you have no idea all the ____ I have been through with turbonetics, This is my third turbo i am going through, I had the same smoke issue . First turbo blew the seal, blue smoke everywhere, second turbo exhaust gasses burnt the turbine, 3rd turbo they upgraded me to a wet bearing housing and i have had it on the car for 2 weeks and no problems yet...keeping fingers crossed, went through three turbo's in 9 months...but yeah I had the same problem, the car jerked while boosting then would be normal for a couple of minutes but then back to the jerking again, took off my piping....and oil all through the charge pipes, oil in charge pipes=blown turbo
Old 12-22-2007, 01:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SLIVER007
I have had the same problems with mine...you have no idea all the poop I have been through with turbonetics, This is my third turbo i am going through, I had the same smoke issue . First turbo blew the seal, blue smoke everywhere, second turbo exhaust gasses burnt the turbine, 3rd turbo they upgraded me to a wet bearing housing and i have had it on the car for 2 weeks and no problems yet...keeping fingers crossed, went through three turbo's in 9 months...but yeah I had the same problem, the car jerked while boosting then would be normal for a couple of minutes but then back to the jerking again, took off my piping....and oil all through the charge pipes, oil in charge pipes=blown turbo
Since when do you post on SL Jason? Lol. I was at ricky n ronnies the other week looking for you, I saw your car in the back.
Old 12-22-2007, 01:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

we were eating inside with Art and Leslie from scion drag team...wish we could of met up...o-well...next time
Old 12-22-2007, 01:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SLIVER007
we were eating inside with Art and Leslie from scion drag team...wish we could of met up...o-well...next time
ya for sure!
Old 12-22-2007, 09:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ya man there crappy turbos i think there all garbadge just hype i need a turbo thats gonna last for years i dont want one thats gonna crap out in a year....... im highly thinking of going with garrett i heard alot of good things about them. i hope theres not oil in my charge pipes i dont feel like taking everything apart ughh .
Old 12-23-2007, 05:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Even though i have had problems with it, turbonetics has been there for me and replaced every part that has been broken...They are 100% in my book a great company that stands behind there product, I expected going into this that there were going to be issues, i just accepted that part right off the bat, there turbos aren't crap....I have my new upgraded water cooled turbo from them and it works great!...and they have the best warranty out there....but to everyone there own...let me know if you have anymore questions..
Old 12-24-2007, 08:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeahhh u do have a point with there warranty thing, that is deff somthing i like about them.