Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

BOOST....but which direction?(UPDATED)

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 01:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by NotAStockScion
400whp on 550cc injectors? what fuel pressure and what size fuel lines

and Mark - I asked Ptuning.. They have a -6 feed and return from the tank

They have a -6 for now that is. I'm pretty sure they will be changing it.

But I don't recall his line sizes. PM him (J3st3r) on the site. Running a Hydra and 550cc.
Old 01-29-2009, 01:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nice so then we both know not to use a -6 lol... Im guessing when I do my lines I should order 2 of everything... -8 delivery (maybe -10 if we're feeling kinda ballzy lol) and a -6 return... I hate going to the dyno and having the hp limited because of fuel... That is the second worst feeling to have imo, second to going to the dyno and blowing everything to hell lol.
Old 01-29-2009, 01:52 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by purevision01

Nice so then we both know not to use a -6 lol... Im guessing when I do my lines I should order 2 of everything... -8 delivery (maybe -10 if we're feeling kinda ballzy lol) and a -6 return... I hate going to the dyno and having the hp limited because of fuel... That is the second worst feeling to have imo, second to going to the dyno and blowing everything to hell lol.
That was my EXACT same scenario last year..

I went to get tuned.. just dropped in the 700s and knew I was going to max em out
I had him tune to how much fuel I had.. sucked I was VERY limited

I might pick up those 900s they have
Old 01-29-2009, 01:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

The problem is, there is no fuel rail yet for that size inlet. My comrades are working on one though.

You planning on running 10 possible 9 sec 1/4 mile times?
Old 01-29-2009, 02:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke

The problem is, there is no fuel rail yet for that size inlet. My comrades are working on one though.

You planning on running 10 possible 9 sec 1/4 mile times?
You can run an adaptor to get a -10 on a -6 but its really pointless but a -8 on a -6 is more feasible and would make the rail the low volume high pressure zone of the fuel system instead of the delivery line the high pressure low volume...

Not planning on 9s or 10s intentionally, if it does it does... But this is my everyday driver, I have an AWD 2g DSM that will probably run mid to low 9s for that.
Old 01-29-2009, 02:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Scion Evolution

gettting bvback to the OG post, I think that if you have to go new dezod is the best out there. if you can run used go zpi, because the start up for the zpi to run is cheaper than any other kit out there, due to the fact that you can get away from running fuel managment as long as you stay under 6 pounds of boost. I have heard a lot of bad about turbonetics, because there turbo have a reputation of getting to hot and seizing. And unless you want to wait a year to get a kit, stay away from tubotoyota, don't get me wrong it looks like a great kit, but his turn around for finished product is way to long..... just my 2 cents
Old 01-29-2009, 02:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

^^Well see, that's what I mean. I see it this way, I only want 450-500whp. I would not be bothered with not being able to make more, since that's my goal. I mean what's the point in being disappointed in having some limitation on power, if your already exceeding your goal, and what I say is more than a FWD car should handle. 600+ on a FWD car that is a street car? Who needs more than 500 on a street fwd car?
Old 01-29-2009, 02:33 PM
SL Member

Vulcan Turbo, amazing kit!
i have it on my rs1 and its the best thing i ever did.
you can check this out to see the quality work done, good price too

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...924&highlight=
Old 01-29-2009, 02:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

As for brand new kit options.

You have PTuning......

And then there is the rest...
Old 01-29-2009, 03:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^Well see, that's what I mean. I see it this way, I only want 450-500whp. I would not be bothered with not being able to make more, since that's my goal. I mean what's the point in being disappointed in having some limitation on power, if your already exceeding your goal, and what I say is more than a FWD car should handle. 600+ on a FWD car that is a street car? Who needs more than 500 on a street fwd car?
Understood but my phylosophy is similar to the army's, better to have and not need than to need and not have... Besides you never know when youll get into a top battle with a z06 or lambo lol.
Old 01-29-2009, 03:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Understood but my phylosophy is similar to the army's, better to have and not need than to need and not have... Besides you never know when youll get into a top battle with a z06 or lambo lol.

I have that moto, just not when it comes to the car. More "practicality" on that front.
Old 01-29-2009, 04:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

why don't you just get a sound performance kit since you're in IL? www.spracingonline.com.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea but for I think all of the kits you can turn up the boost and with a good tune make big enough numbers so that you will have to start building the motor. Aren't these motors only good until 300 wph and then parts start to go? And most of these kits are capable of making that power as they come out of the box.

At the end of the day I am happy with my dezod and think it is plenty power for this car. I can't see myself dropping the money into making this a track car or a daily driver then can't put down the first three gears..
Old 01-30-2009, 11:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by guitarguru44
yea but for I think all of the kits you can turn up the boost and with a good tune make big enough numbers so that you will have to start building the motor. Aren't these motors only good until 300 wph and then parts start to go? And most of these kits are capable of making that power as they come out of the box.

At the end of the day I am happy with my dezod and think it is plenty power for this car. I can't see myself dropping the money into making this a track car or a daily driver then can't put down the first three gears..

No, good till 350-400whp.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

didnt someone post pictures of bent rods who dynod 300 whp? I could swear that someone was replacing them anyhow and when he took the stock ones out they were actually curved from too much torque on the rods...

and if it is 350-400 then I should safely be able to run 12 psi and out down 300.. I'm running 8 psi and making 250 at the wheels now..

hmm.. and is there anything I should upgrade if I want to go from 250 to 300?
Old 01-30-2009, 11:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...ight=bent+rods

theres the thread I was talking about..

and upon second consideration I think I will just keep my power where it is.. I was hoping to make 250 and thats exactly what I made and I promised myself I wouldn't turn the boost up and here I find myself talking about just that..

I guess I'll be happy with my daily driver and save up for a car I can play around with..
Old 01-31-2009, 12:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by guitarguru44
didnt someone post pictures of bent rods who dynod 300 whp? I could swear that someone was replacing them anyhow and when he took the stock ones out they were actually curved from too much torque on the rods...

and if it is 350-400 then I should safely be able to run 12 psi and out down 300.. I'm running 8 psi and making 250 at the wheels now..

hmm.. and is there anything I should upgrade if I want to go from 250 to 300?

I run 12 daily.

Upgrade clutch is about all I have done. There are plenty of people making over 300whp. It's all about the tune.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by all4degame
From what I've seen, PTuning all the way. The have service that is second to none. If I didn't have a kit already heading my way, I would be all over the new PTuning SS Kit.
x1
Old 02-03-2009, 01:09 PM
SL Member

BUMP for more input!
Old 02-03-2009, 02:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

PTuning....no more input needed....LOL.

Quick Reply: BOOST....but which direction?(UPDATED)