Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Brake Boostin 101 *vid*

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 02:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

I didn't think about it, till it was to late, but I should have had my camera guy film in th opposite direction, so when I passed by you would see the Flame come out the pipe...

The first flyby, as soon as I pass the cameras point of veiw, you here a pop. That's when the Flame shot out.
Old 12-31-2006, 02:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

The Family
SL Member

cool
Old 12-31-2006, 02:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

De video is a, Verrrry Niiiice!
Old 12-31-2006, 03:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions

SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
I didn't think about it, till it was to late, but I should have had my camera guy film in th opposite direction, so when I passed by you would see the Flame come out the pipe...

The first flyby, as soon as I pass the cameras point of veiw, you here a pop. That's when the Flame shot out.
Hey I have 2 MiniDV cameras myself so we can shot the next set....from all ANGLES.....now we just need to get one of those remote control helicopters......HELI-CAM!!!!!
Old 12-31-2006, 03:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

If you plan on going to a 1/4 mile strip, make sure it's after I have Jordan! That way I can show these guys how a real woman drives!!
Old 12-31-2006, 04:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Jester28

Hey I have 2 MiniDV cameras myself so we can shot the next set....from all ANGLES.....now we just need to get one of those remote control helicopters......HELI-CAM!!!!!

I got a mini security cam...I just need to component that converts A/V input and outputs USB so I can direct feed it into a laptop. Next time, I'll get it.
Old 12-31-2006, 04:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by ISmokeGuys
If you plan on going to a 1/4 mile strip, make sure it's after I have Jordan! That way I can show these guys how a real woman drives!!
you hush!
Old 12-31-2006, 07:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Nice video. MORE!
Old 01-01-2007, 12:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by etsnet
Nice video. MORE!
I gotcha, but it's hard to find stuff to get into...lol. Everyone has put up their cars for the winter. So, no racing, no nothing, but little ricers and Volvo's trying to punch it on me like they are fast or something...
Old 01-01-2007, 12:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wat causes the flame to shoot out of the back???...iv been wondering how some cars have that....thats really awesome!!!
Old 01-01-2007, 01:56 AM
5 Year Member

So do you have any videos where you're not beating the crap out of another car rhythmansmoke? not that that's a problem I like to see that tc's can be friggin ridiculous
Old 01-01-2007, 03:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ooof, hopefully you dont use that tech very often, I'm sure your brakes hate you. Nifty vid though.

I don't know how you can stand the sound of the HKS like that in cabin. It hurt my ears through my headphones
Old 01-01-2007, 06:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by etsnet
Nice video. MORE!
I gotcha, but it's hard to find stuff to get into...lol. Everyone has put up their cars for the winter. So, no racing, no nothing, but little ricers and Volvo's trying to punch it on me like they are fast or something...
We don't have that problem here. People can have their cars out all year long but we do have fewer places to go were there's no one around.

Originally Posted by mattvs
I don't know how you can stand the sound of the HKS like that in cabin. It hurt my ears through my headphones
The HKS is awesome! You have to drive in a car with it. It makes people who don't know be like "what the heck is wrong with your car" and people that know be like "he's got something under that hood". I wanted to go all stealth but couldn't refuse the sound.
Old 01-01-2007, 12:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Scotty
wat causes the flame to shoot out of the back???...iv been wondering how some cars have that....thats really awesome!!!

2 things

1) No Cat
2) Rich at redline

Ooof, hopefully you dont use that tech very often, I'm sure your brakes hate you. Nifty vid though.

LOL...Funny thing is...I can afford new brakes, and also I don't have an HKS exhaust. It's a ZPI exhaust system with a Blitz Nur Spec instead of the Magnaflow that comes with it. Built and welded by Kenny himself....And I love every minute of it....

You forget that the turbo makes your exhaust super quiet. You heard the car at WOT. It sounds no where near that loud when driving normal, just a deep growl.
Old 01-01-2007, 03:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hmmm....im str8 piped and i believe im runnin pretty rich....im goin to have to get someone to follow me and tell me if its doin it....LOL....stupid i kno but it looks kool!!!
Old 01-01-2007, 03:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

LOL...Funny thing is...I can afford new brakes, and also I don't have an HKS exhaust. It's a ZPI exhaust system with a Blitz Nur Spec instead of the Magnaflow that comes with it. Built and welded by Kenny himself....And I love every minute of it....

You forget that the turbo makes your exhaust super quiet. You heard the car at WOT. It sounds no where near that loud when driving normal, just a deep growl.
i think hes talkin about the HKS BOV
Old 01-01-2007, 04:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The BOV dewd :p I had to pull my headphones off my ears. Maybe it's less prominent in person, but the sound in the video was like GAH

LOL...Funny thing is...I can afford new brakes,
Yea, so could I, but that doesn't change the fact that it's unnecessarily hard on your brakes. It's good to use when making highway pulls against the V8's, but should be used sparingly.
Old 01-01-2007, 05:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions

SL Member

Are you guys sure you are talking about the BOV? The BOV sound only happens between shifts. He is running an open wastegate could that be the sound you are talking about?
Old 01-01-2007, 06:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

The BOV dewd :p I had to pull my headphones off my ears. Maybe it's less prominent in person, but the sound in the video was like GAH
I love the HKS, sounds a lot better than any other BOV that I've heard run on any tC...of course, that's my opinion..

LOL...Funny thing is...I can afford new brakes,
Yea, so could I, but that doesn't change the fact that it's unnecessarily hard on your brakes. It's good to use when making highway pulls against the V8's, but should be used sparingly.
Sounds like something my mother would say... I've been brake boostin this car for a little over a year....I have yet to replace the brake pads by the way..
Old 01-01-2007, 07:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Jester28
Are you guys sure you are talking about the BOV? The BOV sound only happens between shifts. He is running an open wastegate could that be the sound you are talking about?

Yeah, I'm confused on which sound they are trying to describe too. Open WG's sound the whole time your at WOT. BOV's are in between shifts....or more accurately stated...when the throttle plate closes.

Quick Reply: Brake Boostin 101 *vid*