Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Calling all Supercharger owners...very important!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 04:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default Calling all Supercharger owners...very important!!!!

Alright, I think there might be a problem with the way toyota designed the shaft setup on the supercharger. I have seen one case already where the seals got blown out at both ends of the housing where the shaft goes into. After looking at that one car, I got a lil nervous and took a look at mine...guess what, same thing. I have oil forming on the under side of the shaft on both sides as well. I have been keeping close watch on it but this is definitely not good. It must have been leaking for a lil while cause I have traces of oil on the alternator housing. Please go out and look at your car if you have a supercharger as I have a feeling this might be a widespread problem.
Old 03-29-2006, 04:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

With as long as they delayed the release of the supercharger for, the thing should be perfect. Hope everything is alright with your car.
Old 03-29-2006, 04:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This doesn't sound good, I'll check mine as soon as I leave here
Old 03-29-2006, 04:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

How long have you had your s/c on simplyscion?
Old 03-29-2006, 04:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I have had it on for about 3000 miles.
Old 03-29-2006, 04:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That's about the same as me. I found oil in the floor of my garage yesterday but I didn't find any leaks. I'll check the s/c shaft today though. If this really is a widespread problem this is horrible work from TRD for this thing to be delayed as long as it was and be as expensive as it was and it only lasts 3000 miles
Old 03-29-2006, 04:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Maybe TRD outsourced the s/c to mopar, lol, I'm just jk don't start flaming
Old 03-29-2006, 04:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ohh.. I definately think you are correct on this one.. I will take some pics of mine, I also have a slight leak on my oilpan.. oh man.. Well, we will see what happens. To those of us who have the smaller pulleys on.. lets just pray..
Old 03-29-2006, 04:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm afraid to go check mine now, lol. Yeah us with the new pulleys I'm afraid might get screwed. If mine is leaking I'll go talk to my salesman about it. He's a cool guy and we get along real well so maybe, just maybe he can hook me up if I have a problem.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:16 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

So other that Simplyscion who has a leak from the S/C? I read the thread about the guy having the unit replaced because of blown s/c seals and now yours Simplyscion. The 2 things you guys have in common is the smaller pulley. So I'm wondering if there is anyone without a smaller pulley with this same problem.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by josh_trdsparks
So other that Simplyscion who has a leak from the S/C? I read the thread about the guy having the unit replaced because of blown s/c seals and now yours Simplyscion. The 2 things you guys have in common is the smaller pulley. So I'm wondering if there is anyone without a smaller pulley with this same problem.
I have already heard of one other case today so far without the pulley. I dont think its the pulley Josh, but time will tell.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:23 PM
Banned
SL Member

Whew! Boy am I glad I decided to wait before buying another pulley (Grandma threw away the first one )
Old 03-29-2006, 05:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by HighlanderMac
Ohh.. I definately think you are correct on this one.. I will take some pics of mine, I also have a slight leak on my oilpan.. oh man.. Well, we will see what happens. To those of us who have the smaller pulleys on.. lets just pray..
Even if you do have the smaller pulley, that shouldn't be the reason for the oil. It is still covered under warrenty unless it can be proven that the pulley is what caused the problem.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:33 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by THansenite
Originally Posted by HighlanderMac
Even if you do have the smaller pulley, that shouldn't be the reason for the oil. It is still covered under warrenty unless it can be proven that the pulley is what caused the problem.
Wrong. The TRD paperwork that comes with ALL TRD supercharger kits clearly states that if the tamperproof cap is (heres a shock) tampered with, the warranty is void. NO MATTER WHAT. The Magnusson-Moss Act does not apply here because it was clearly stated in the warranty information. No cap = no warranty (unless you are lucky enough to work at a dealer, like SimplyScion).
Old 03-29-2006, 05:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I dont see any oil markings on mine and I JUST got my cap put back on by the dealer =)
Old 03-29-2006, 06:12 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by Scion-ce
Wrong. The TRD paperwork that comes with ALL TRD supercharger kits clearly states that if the tamperproof cap is (heres a shock) tampered with, the warranty is void. NO MATTER WHAT. The Magnusson-Moss Act does not apply here because it was clearly stated in the warranty information. No cap = no warranty (unless you are lucky enough to work at a dealer, like SimplyScion).
Exactly.

Originally Posted by Simplyscion
I have already heard of one other case today so far without the pulley. I dont think its the pulley Josh, but time will tell.
I want to read that post. Not that I don't believe you or anything I just want to read it. Everyone that has a leak in this thread has the samller pulley. I'm just trying to see who has a leak with a S/C with a warranty.
Old 03-29-2006, 06:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

it wasnt actually someone who replied to this thread. The other person that had the problem first was a friend of mine and he was telling me today that ZPI had told him that a guy that came through there shop w/out the pulley and had the same problems. Its all heresay until I here it from that person as well, but I wouldnt be surprised. I dont have an oil pressure gauge, but does anyone with a charger and an oil pressure gauge notice a huge difference in oil pressure after puttin a pulley on??
Old 03-29-2006, 06:19 PM
Banned
SL Member

Hey Josh,
This is Albert. I just checked mine while I was at work. So far so good. No signs of any leaks or anything out of the ordinary. I've had the supercharger since late October and have put over 5,000 miles on it.
Old 03-29-2006, 06:31 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by Simplyscion
it wasnt actually someone who replied to this thread. The other person that had the problem first was a friend of mine and he was telling me today that ZPI had told him that a guy that came through there shop w/out the pulley and had the same problems. Its all heresay until I here it from that person as well, but I wouldnt be surprised. I dont have an oil pressure gauge, but does anyone with a charger and an oil pressure gauge notice a huge difference in oil pressure after puttin a pulley on??
OH so no real proof yet. Keep us informed on that situation. I'm sure we would all like to know.

Originally Posted by Scion-ce
Hey Josh,
This is Albert. I just checked mine while I was at work. So far so good. No signs of any leaks or anything out of the ordinary. I've had the supercharger since late October and have put over 5,000 miles on it.
What's up? That's good to know.

So there are 2 w/o a smaller pulley that don't have a leak and 2 possibly 3 cases with a smaller pulley at do have a leak. Again I'm not saying that the pulley caused the leak just looking at what has been posted so far.
Old 03-29-2006, 06:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

my boys looks fine too.....i saw a ZPI pulley on a tC, the guy got SOOO luckee, he had a NON certified installer put it in his Tc, and it was not a good install...bottom line, hes getting a new motor, but that CAP u speak of, was DEFIANTELY tampered with....definately....

Quick Reply: Calling all Supercharger owners...very important!!!!