Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Calling all Supercharger owners...very important!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 02:31 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by tcengel
All he is looking for are the seals, no one mentioned anything about warranty. The rest of your rant is just that. You buy quantity from TRD so you have more pull than anyone. Intestead of telling him what not to do after the fact, show some customer service and make a few phone calls to get the part he is "willing to pay for." He has asked for nothing more and nothing less.

If you can order some of these seals and offer them to your customers, that would obviously create more customers for you right??
OH believe me I didn't tell anyone anything after the fact. I've been out here saying this for 6 months. I don't buy anything from TRD I get all of my parts through SET (southeast toyota) SO like I said I don't have any special pull with TRD. We've already called TRD and waiting for someone to get back to us now. When Vortech opens in 30 mintues I'm calling them to. So when I said I was going to look into it I didn't mean next month. If I can find these seals TRUST ME i will be selling them to poeple who need them. Ask anyone of our customers and they'll tell you we are all about customer service. I help people out who don't even buy stuff from us.
Old 04-21-2006, 03:28 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

OK according to Vortech they do not and will not sell internel parts for any supercharger they sell. Or atleast that was what I was just told. They also said that they do not have any access to the TRD S/C schematics. Which says to me that somewhere they exist and I'm going to find out where. I was also told that even if the S/C were sent back to TRD that they would have to send it to vortech to have seals replaced. I'm under the impression that if you try to get Vortech to replace the seals for you that they may not do it. The guys at the TRD help desk have told me that none of the cars that they were given to drive had a header on them. Being that they are in Cali and the header eliminates the cat I'm going to believe that statement. As everyone know Cali have the most strict emissions laws on the planet.

The person I usually talk to wasn't there today but will be back on Monday. I'm going to see if there is anyway to get these seals. Or if there may be a way for you to send the S/C to TRD to have them replaced.

Since there are a few people out here who think I'm trying to cut customers down I'm going to make finding these seals or a solution to the problem my new Hobby.
Old 04-21-2006, 03:41 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by josh_trdsparks
Since there are a few people out here who think I'm trying to cut customers down I'm going to make finding these seals or a solution to the problem my new Hobby.
this is why TRDSparks is A+ in my book. They go above and beyond what anyone else would
Old 04-21-2006, 03:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks for all of your effort Josh. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding about the headers and such, I just know what my dealer told me about the email. Keep up the search because I'd hate to see highlander get screwed over.
Old 04-21-2006, 04:04 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I don't want to see anyone get screwed. I'm working on something for Highlander as we speak. I can't say exactly what it is or if it'll work. I'm just waiting on a PM back from him. Anyway we'll see what happens.
Old 04-21-2006, 04:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Good man. Way to step up and help out the small guy.
Old 04-21-2006, 04:37 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by tcengel
Good man. Way to step up and help out the small guy.
thats what Josh does
Old 04-21-2006, 04:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, lets see what I can find out.
I would like to thank Josh for what he offered, unfortunately it is a little too late.. The car is in the process of getting a new S/C installed, but oh well, if I spend 3700 to get a new S/C but can take apart the old one and find out what is wrong it will be well worth it to help out everyone else.

There is one BIG thing I would like to ask from you Josh. Please if you could get intouch with TRD and find out what aftermarket parts will voi the warranty.
The Rep seemed to act as if an intake will void the warranty, I would like to know if an intake, strut tower bar, exhaust, Probing the stock header for an EGT gauge, Ingalls Stiffy, new clutch and whatever else we can find out about will void the warranty. I know this seems like an overshot, but I feel this info would be GREATLY appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
-Trevor
Old 04-21-2006, 05:09 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I'm going to call my guy at TRD on Monday (when he get back) and get a list of do's and don't. Not really sure how many do's there will be but I will get a list together and post it up for everyone.

Sorry my offer was too late. I'm going to do the samething you are and find out what it would cost to have them made if at all possible. I can't imagine that it would cost all that much.

Are they just replacing the S/C unit or the entire kit? It wouldn't make a lot of sence to take everything back off the car IMO. What are you doing with the extra parts??
Old 04-21-2006, 06:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, I am taking EVERYTHING off of the kit, I mean really why not go ahead and get all of the brand new parts put back on since I am paying for them. I would like to have all of the extras too, you never know, maybe I will need some of the extras, or maybe I will sell the whole kit if I can find out whats wrong.. Or who knows, maybe build it so it isnt soo freaking weak...
Old 04-21-2006, 07:43 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

as far as the header goes... would a jet hot coating prevent this or have we ruled out that it is just the header and its the pully and header combo or just the pully?
Old 04-21-2006, 09:00 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by robFMtC
as far as the header goes... would a jet hot coating prevent this or have we ruled out that it is just the header and its the pully and header combo or just the pully?

No one knows for sure.
Old 04-24-2006, 02:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hope the list gets created today.
Old 04-24-2006, 02:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

what list?
Old 04-24-2006, 02:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

A list of mods that are ok to do, and ones that TRD will say void the warranty.
Old 04-24-2006, 02:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

ahhh gotcha
Old 04-24-2006, 02:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Josh is supposed to be getting intouch with his guy at TRD, and I am looking for a list of what will void the warranty. I would LOVE to know if TRD is going to void the warranty of the S/C if we have an intake on it, or any other things.
Old 04-24-2006, 03:08 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

OK this is going to be a short list. Basically the only thing you are allowed to do as far as modification goes is a TRD drop in air filter & a catback exhaust system.

Your warranty is void if you add any of the following:

S/C Pulley
Overdrive Pulley
Piggy Back
E-Manage
S-AFC
ANY AFTERMARKET Intake System
Changing the compressor wheel to a different trim
ANY Aftermarket Header (Due to excess heat)

So pretty much what it boils down to is you can't change anything and retain your warranty. I was told that if you modify anything from the S/C kit your warranty is toast.
Old 04-24-2006, 03:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^That's amazing
Old 04-24-2006, 03:46 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by josh_trdsparks
OK this is going to be a short list. Basically the only thing you are allowed to do as far as modification goes is a TRD drop in air filter & a catback exhaust system.

Your warranty is void if you add any of the following:

S/C Pulley
Overdrive Pulley
Piggy Back
E-Manage
S-AFC
ANY AFTERMARKET Intake System
Changing the compressor wheel to a different trim
ANY Aftermarket Header (Due to excess heat)

So pretty much what it boils down to is you can't change anything and retain your warranty. I was told that if you modify anything from the S/C kit your warranty is toast.
CRAP

Quick Reply: Calling all Supercharger owners...very important!!!!