Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Calling all Supercharger owners...very important!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 02:39 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

thats why I asked the question trevor,
I noticed that a BPV upgrade wasn't mentioned on Josh's list and thats one of the 2 things i might want to do when i have the S/C.

im not looking for craxy power. no more than 200hp for me. the stock S/C is about all I want and I read that an upgraded BPV would make the S/C more responsive.
I don't wanna header cause with my exhaust it would equal rasp city and i would have to get a big resonator to get rid of it. not looking for that much to do, at least for another 5/6 years or so.

and i did't mean just the scoche 110, bpv in general too.
Old 04-25-2006, 02:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Another thing that I wouldnt be surprised about is if TRD is reading these threads and checking up on what everyone is doing. They seemed to know when I went from one dealer to another...
I am just saying be careful with a company that has shown its face the way TRD has...
Honestly I dont care if they read my posts and I say that I have a 9lb pulley on, cause they need to prove it. Hell I could just be pulling a joke on here.. lol, just giving you options and things to look out for.
TRD is not on my good side at the moment, and I am gonna warn as many people as I can about how they go about their customer service.
Old 04-25-2006, 02:45 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

i don't blame you trevor, but I am getting the S/C, but i wont be anywhere near to what you lied about doing with it.

and yea people can be saying a bunch of bull, like that one guy you told me about a while back with his tC and all he supposedly had done to it.

only things i would think about would be a BPV and an intake (cause i hate the way the stock box looks, so boring!).
Old 04-25-2006, 02:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey man, your ride wouldnt be too raspy with the exhaust.. lol, dude I had a 3" all the way back... no cats... with one resonator that wasnt that big... And it sounded pretty nice.. just a little rasp.. You should hear it now with the stock header, and Oh yeah EVERYTHING ELSE STOCK BECAUSE TRD SUX!! sry had to add that.
Old 04-25-2006, 03:17 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

the rasp is a thing that the TRD exhaust does when you add a header. its not near as bad as any of the other exhausts out there, its just the TRD exhaust.

(i guess thats another thing for you to add to your TRD sucks list? lol)
Old 04-25-2006, 12:31 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Iill have to call TRD on the BPV thing but most likely they'll say "If you change anything in the S/C kit then.......". You get the idea. It's all by the book 100% at TRD now that Toyota has put their hands into it. So while I seriously doubt that using a better BPV will do any sort of damage to anything in the car I can't say it's OK to do so.

Highlander I can understand that you're mad right now because of having to shell out the money for a new S/C. But at the sametime it's not like this is all on TRD. You played a part in this whole thing to. If it were OK to change the pulley TRD would have made one, if it were OK to put a header on the tC that TRD would have made one, and if it were OK to put an intake on the tC WITH the S/C then........you get the point. I know you wanted the seals but TRD does not have the seals and Vortech will not sell anyone internal parts for their S/C's that includes TRD. Vortech told me word for word that if "You need seals replaced you will have to send it back to TRD that have TRD send it to Vortech".
Old 04-25-2006, 12:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanx for checking on all this stuff Josh, it's good to get the info/feedback, whether we all agree with it or not.
While TRD/Toyota does have all the disclaimers on it's sc; it does seem they were a bit short-sighted when they offered the sc, knowing that with the way this car is marketed there will be owners pushing their cars to the limits ( no different then the old days ). Hindsight being what it is, maybe they should have offered various "packages" to upgrade the TC, from a CAI up to the SC ( and beyond?? ).... and have each advertised with it's perks and limits up front, not in the small print in an owners manual.....
And as with any business--bad news travels to 80% and good news to only 20%, so TRD should be using these initial "issues" to build a better relationship with the owners out there, and start creating items that will work with their components while keeping the tuner crowd happy; and not just to brush them aside ( regardless of who was right or wrong ).
Thx again for the input for all of us...,
Old 04-25-2006, 01:10 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by Basstrack17
thanx for checking on all this stuff Josh, it's good to get the info/feedback, whether we all agree with it or not.
While TRD/Toyota does have all the disclaimers on it's sc; it does seem they were a bit short-sighted when they offered the sc, knowing that with the way this car is marketed there will be owners pushing their cars to the limits ( no different then the old days ). Hindsight being what it is, maybe they should have offered various "packages" to upgrade the TC, from a CAI up to the SC ( and beyond?? ).... and have each advertised with it's perks and limits up front, not in the small print in an owners manual.....
And as with any business--bad news travels to 80% and good news to only 20%, so TRD should be using these initial "issues" to build a better relationship with the owners out there, and start creating items that will work with their components while keeping the tuner crowd happy; and not just to brush them aside ( regardless of who was right or wrong ).
This is one of those comments where I wish I could say what I feel and really speak my mind but I like my job so I'm going to sit here and be quite. All I can say is I see your point and I'm not arguing.

I know that the bad news will travel way faster than the good and I just that everyone looks at all the facts before making their final judgement.

Right now Toyota is on the big "Make the customer feel warm and fuzzy" thing and since they pretty much control TRD right now why don't you guys say something to them? They'll listen to their customers WAY before their dealerships. Just a thought.
Old 04-25-2006, 01:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by josh_trdsparks
Iill have to call TRD on the BPV thing but most likely they'll say "If you change anything in the S/C kit then.......". You get the idea. It's all by the book 100% at TRD now that Toyota has put their hands into it. So while I seriously doubt that using a better BPV will do any sort of damage to anything in the car I can't say it's OK to do so.

Highlander I can understand that you're mad right now because of having to shell out the money for a new S/C. But at the sametime it's not like this is all on TRD. You played a part in this whole thing to. If it were OK to change the pulley TRD would have made one, if it were OK to put a header on the tC that TRD would have made one, and if it were OK to put an intake on the tC WITH the S/C then........you get the point. I know you wanted the seals but TRD does not have the seals and Vortech will not sell anyone internal parts for their S/C's that includes TRD. Vortech told me word for word that if "You need seals replaced you will have to send it back to TRD that have TRD send it to Vortech".
I really dont think you understand that I am just a little mad right now... And I am not saying this is all on TRD, and I am really starting to get tired of reading how many times you have to say that it is my fault...
Quit trying to be a good guy and keep customers while you sit there and blame me cause you either have to or want to. Josh, I thank you for what you are doing but it is really starting to get under my skin that you constantly are trying to remind me that this was my fault. No **** I paid for a new S/C I think that shows that I understand where the fault lies, but still TRD has no sense of customer service.
They treated me like I was a piece of crap so now I will do the same. I have every right to let people know how they treated me. And I am going to use that right as much as possible. I am sry if your sales go down, but you can easily let TRD know that that too would be MY fault. So please stop passing the blame to me, at no point did I say that the S/C problem wasnt my fault. The reiterated point is getting VERY annoying and obnoxious.
Sry if that came off like an a$$, but you continuously are doing this. I have to go now, but I would love to continue to talk.

-Trevor
Old 04-25-2006, 02:08 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I'm not trying to blame it on you totally and my sales aren't going down because of this thread believe me. They're just as slow as they were before it. lol But all of your posts are one sided like it's all on TRD. I'm just trying to keep the playing field level here. Sorry if I came across like the broken record. That was no my intention here. It just seemed that way. If They treated you bad then by all mean speak your mind that's what the forum is here for.

From what I understood your tech was the one that called or did I miss something? I didn't know you personally called TRD.

I'm dropping the issue now and I won't bring it back up.
Old 04-25-2006, 03:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by HighlanderMac
Well, just heard back from Scion... BAD NEWS...
They are putting the problem on the Aftermarket header, stating that the excessive heat from the Header is warping the seals in the shaft of the SuperCharger...
NOW GET THIS... It will not be covered under warranty, and you CAN NOT get new seals for the S/C.. So basically because of the header you have to buy another $3200 SuperCharger. I have already called Vortech, and they said they cannot even get the seals, neither will TRD, after I talked to them, who BTW got an attitude with me when I said,
"So you are telling me that I am out a $3200 SuperCharger for a piece that costs maybe $25?" And thats when he got an attitude with me..
Well, looks like I am just gonna part her out and trade her in... I am gonna try and figure something out. Lets hope..
Yes I called them a while back, way before the Master Tech talked to them.
Old 04-26-2006, 01:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

josh - stop explaining yourself and stop watching this thread - you dont have to comment. What you might really think you cant say cause you work for a dealer. ...we know that. Lets just end this here because we all know what the deal is. trdsparks is great - if i ever get my s/c ...which i think im gonna ...they have done nothing but help everybody ..ALWAYS. thanks
Old 04-26-2006, 04:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Trust me I have no problem with Josh at TRDSparks, I hope he knows that..
Josh, I hope you know that. It is just disheartening when you try and figure things out and have just dropped 3,600 on a new S/C when you know it could have been easily 3,000 less, and you continue to get a comment saying that it was your fault.. I know it was my fault, and I am not complaining about the fact that I screwed my own warranty, I am complaining about the treatment that I got from TRD, and the fact that they are not going to help out their customers. Josh, TRD needs to know that you are their saving grace at this point and time.
Trust me, I appreciate everything you are doing.. I hope you come back and read this. I know I came off like a butt head in the last post, it was just getting to me after a while.
Josh, I want to thank you personally for everything you have done...
Thank you again, and thank the Scion guys sticking up for me. Much appreciated, now lets see what we can do to make things easier for all to follow.
Old 04-26-2006, 04:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Basstrack17
I couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 04-26-2006, 12:13 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by HighlanderMac
Trust me I have no problem with Josh at TRDSparks, I hope he knows that..
Josh, I hope you know that. It is just disheartening when you try and figure things out and have just dropped 3,600 on a new S/C when you know it could have been easily 3,000 less, and you continue to get a comment saying that it was your fault.. I know it was my fault, and I am not complaining about the fact that I screwed my own warranty, I am complaining about the treatment that I got from TRD, and the fact that they are not going to help out their customers. Josh, TRD needs to know that you are their saving grace at this point and time.
Trust me, I appreciate everything you are doing.. I hope you come back and read this. I know I came off like a butt head in the last post, it was just getting to me after a while.
Josh, I want to thank you personally for everything you have done...
Thank you again, and thank the Scion guys sticking up for me. Much appreciated, now lets see what we can do to make things easier for all to follow.
It's all good and I'd feel the same way if it were me if not worse.
Old 04-26-2006, 12:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's all so typical of American business. Everyone blames everyone else, but nobody accepts that there is a problem. TRD is a lousy company with lousy customer service. They could offer a rebuild kit just like every other turbo and supercharger manufacturer. Instead they are basically saying F.U.
For all of you that are new to modding cars, remember that support is absolutely number 1! That's why I don't recommend the big companies like TRD, Greddy, HKS etc. They are too big to offer good support.
Old 04-26-2006, 01:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^
american business? pretty sure trd usa and the other trd branches are japanese owned.
Old 04-28-2006, 05:02 PM
5 Year Member

all that needs to be done is whoever had the problem and went to the dealer and got a new s/c and all that jazz. all he has to do is take it apart and find out which seal went bad, what type of seal it was and replace it. the seal in question can be replced its just you may have to make it yourself or have somone else make it. the big problem would be if you warped or bent the shaft that crosses over the exhaust manifold cause if that were the case you could run into all kinds of problems trying to replace that.

as for me i will put a pulley on mine, but i wont put a header. because i do see a dirrect relation between the header causing that problem
Old 04-28-2006, 05:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Does this mean that if the S/C needs maintenance and is not under warranty(some mods are made) you have to buy the whole super charger kit again? Please tell me it's not true!
Old 04-28-2006, 05:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^
that is an excellent question. Just take out the mods part...say you have the S/C and NO other mods..it's now Year 2, and the seal or some other part fails. normal wear and tear..whatever. You bring it in and the service team should be able to order that single part (charge you for it) and replace.

But it sounds like from Highlander and Sparks, they were told that individual parts from the kit were not available...so would another $3000 investment be required?
That's the part that had me scratching my head for this whole thread. it makes no sense at all.

Or say it is still year 1 and in warranty and the same situation. Does the dealer have to order an entire kit and bill Toyota for it??

Quick Reply: Calling all Supercharger owners...very important!!!!