Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Calling all Supercharger owners...very important!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 10:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

anybody else try to get the warranty work done that have the leaking fluid and a header? I was all about getting a header and s/c .... thats out of the question for me now
Old 04-20-2006, 12:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Not everyone is having this problem remember. I've had my s/c for 5000 miles with a/w header and never had a leak. I just wrapped mine and I think with either wrap or jethot it should be perfectly fine.
Old 04-20-2006, 02:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

But no matter what you will not be able to get warranty work done. TRD will ask for photos of the car before anything is warrantied with the unit. If you have a chance, stay away from TRD. They were asking today if my car had an intake on it because THAT would have voided the warranty as well......

&^*%&^% Bastards.... TRD Sucks and forever will in my mind. No sense of customer service at all.. They even gave the Master tech at the dealership an attitude..
Old 04-20-2006, 02:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

From the way your situation sounds I'm pretty unimpressed with their customer service as well. Are you going with the s/c or are you going with a turbo highlandermac?
Old 04-20-2006, 02:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

i would like to know how an intake would void the warranty - sounds like they are looking for anything to walk away. Also - if u took your intake off ...there pretty much couldnt be a way they would know.. correct?
Old 04-20-2006, 03:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I am not sure if I am going to turbo my car or trade it in... But no, they would not be able to tell, I am just fed with how they are loking for anything they possibly can to void the warranty. They knew the car was made to be modified, and they are not willing to work with their customers at all.
I was trying to buy the seals that are supposedly "warped due to the header" and they said I had to buy the whole kit. F- Them... I would TOTALLY suggest going a route OTHER than the S/C
Old 04-20-2006, 03:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

call 1800scion whatever. this is complete bull ____ and i dont even have a supercharger. they can suck my ___ not wanting to sell you the individual parts. have your dealer try to order the seals, and say they lost them in the process of the install. if they give them ____ too, your dealership will be able to bark up a lot taller of a tree in trds chain of command. where is trd located? they act tough over the phone, but id be cool to show up there with an attorney or something (im not sre what good that would do). legally, i dont think that is right. they shouldnt be able to refuse parting out the sc to existing customers. i could see if you were trying to build your own kit or something. if anything, they would be like any other company and make you buy segments of the sc kit, like the whole shaft assembly, and charge you 750ish for it. but to completely refuse SELLING you those seals at a price they would make is unreal, unethical, and UNHEARD OF. ____ trd!
Old 04-20-2006, 05:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

kinda makes you wonder why people do stuff to their car and if that part messes it up take it off for warranty work.. hmmmmm.. maybe because of service like this.. a whole new kit for just a one dollar part to them.. i wonder..
Old 04-20-2006, 05:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ oh yeah. i was going to go with the s/c but after this i don't know.. i'll prolly pass.. because they might void my warranty for driving it too hard..
Old 04-20-2006, 06:14 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

OK this is getting way way out of hand. First you were told up front NOT TO MOD YOUR S/C but you guy did it anyway. Highlander you warranty went out the window with your pulley so what are you even arguing about. When your master tech called TRD he got an attitude with them. I know because I called and asked about this header thing. He also told them that the car was bone stock. SO that is what it is.

Everyone was told that if you change the pulley or start trying to tweak the S/C you would not have a warranty. But people did it anyway now live with consequences. It's not like you weren't warned. TRD is a stand up company and will stand by their products. They aren't going to cover anyone's mistakes. No one should ask them to. YES a header and more boost will cause the heat to rise in the engine and can cause the seals to warp. The S/C system was designed to work on the car with the stock parts not the aftermarket ones.

There is nothing wrong with TRD or the tC S/C. The ONLY people who are having any sort of problems are the ones who have changed thing on the car. Truthfully speaking no one should have a header on their tC anyway since removing A WORKING CAT is against FEDERAL LAW.

I tell everyone that who is thinking about getting the S/C and changing all kinds of stuff to forget it and get a turbo. You will accomplish the same thing. I can't stand when people start bashing a company when the problem is directly because of something THEY did.

I'm through with my rant and I'm sorry is I have offended anyone. I have one last question for you guys. Why is it that all the people who have the S/C and nothing else do don't have any problems?
Old 04-20-2006, 06:24 PM
Banned
SL Member

i smell some blown motors coming...
Old 04-20-2006, 06:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by The_Sciontist
naa thats just the dog **** you just stepped in...what the hell are you talking about with blown motors...have you read this thread at all??
Old 04-20-2006, 07:15 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by Simplyscion
Originally Posted by The_Sciontist
naa thats just the dog **** you just stepped in...what the hell are you talking about with blown motors...have you read this thread at all??
don't mind him. Hes the local idiot
Old 04-20-2006, 09:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by josh_trdsparks
OK this is getting way way out of hand. First you were told up front NOT TO MOD YOUR S/C but you guy did it anyway. Highlander you warranty went out the window with your pulley so what are you even arguing about. When your master tech called TRD he got an attitude with them. I know because I called and asked about this header thing. He also told them that the car was bone stock. SO that is what it is.

Everyone was told that if you change the pulley or start trying to tweak the S/C you would not have a warranty. But people did it anyway now live with consequences. It's not like you weren't warned. TRD is a stand up company and will stand by their products. They aren't going to cover anyone's mistakes. No one should ask them to. YES a header and more boost will cause the heat to rise in the engine and can cause the seals to warp. The S/C system was designed to work on the car with the stock parts not the aftermarket ones.

There is nothing wrong with TRD or the tC S/C. The ONLY people who are having any sort of problems are the ones who have changed thing on the car. Truthfully speaking no one should have a header on their tC anyway since removing A WORKING CAT is against FEDERAL LAW.

I tell everyone that who is thinking about getting the S/C and changing all kinds of stuff to forget it and get a turbo. You will accomplish the same thing. I can't stand when people start bashing a company when the problem is directly because of something THEY did.

I'm through with my rant and I'm sorry is I have offended anyone. I have one last question for you guys. Why is it that all the people who have the S/C and nothing else do don't have any problems?
I was standing right there when he was talking to them. He got no type of attitude at all.
And the guys at TRD got an attitude with me when I asked if I could possibly purchase the seals.. YES PURCHASE them.
TRD is going to do whatever they can not to have to shell out any money for the S/C... Yes I did void my warranty, BUT I was asking simply if I could purchase the parts needed instead of getting screwed and having to buy an ENTIRELY new unit. at that point and time I was put in the defense as the TRD rep scowled me for doing a header.

This is becoming like, I believe it was Mitsubishi when they would go to the track and take pictures of the people running their cars and then not warranty them because they had seen them running at the track.
Well go ahead and become like that. In my OPINION TRD is Crap and are showing their colors when they will make their CUSTOMERS purchase a $3,250 part for something that costs not anywhere near that.
I have the right to point as many people away from TRDs products as possible and I will do so from now on. TRD has COMPLETELY lost a customer and I will do whatever I can do in my power to let people know the kind of service I have gotten from them.

BTW, I would LOVE for you to tell me the temp differences between the stock header with the heat shield and the temp difference with a CERAMIC COATED header. Lets hear what TRD has to say about that.... If the seals cannot handle the supposed heat then I will be the first to say that I believe they are crap seals and do not belong in the unit. Most companies produce products that can handle in excess of that they are handling from factory.. You dont put a clutch that can handle 200 ft-lbs of torque in a car that has 200 ft-lbs of torque. Get the idea?
I am sry, but I do not believe the supposed increase of heat would cause that problem.
Oh and BTW, I had the header on for less than a month before the problem happened.
Old 04-20-2006, 09:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

P.S. my car is bone stock...
Old 04-20-2006, 10:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

I'm with HighlanderMac on this one... Scion wants the tC to be on top and in horsepower as well (for its class). Anything to prevent the consumer from going to buy, say, a Civic SI or Cobalt SS. TRD KNEW people were gonna tamper with the supercharger, hence the Pulley cap that was distributed with the Supercharger. Now for TRD to not have parts available for purchase separately is clearly BS and they label themselves as bad since there really is now no room for modification when the SC goes in a tC. TRD is literally saying "Buy our Supercharger" and if you break it buy modding... well.... your S.O.L. This is just crap considering if something were to break ( another OEM part or aftermarket), you have a 99% chance of fixing the problem if your handy with a wrench. For TRD to give you the "You shouldn't have messed with it" excuse is pathetic since the SC is a bolt-on kit with many parts.

Should $25.00 seals cost you around $3400.00?? Of course not.

Once again this is my opinon. Oh and I myself have a SC so this kinda of affects me as well but so far 0 problems.....
Old 04-20-2006, 10:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

and like HighlanderMac stated a Ceramic coated Header should have less temp than a OEM exhaust manifold w/ a CAT.
Old 04-21-2006, 01:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey josh I don't mean to call you out but maybe you should talk to my dealer who's name on here is scion_south who emailed TRD and asked them about the header and they responded and said that they'd tested the s/c with the DC SPORTS header and that it was FINE.
Old 04-21-2006, 01:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Highlander is not complaining about not having a warranty, he's complaining that TRD will not sell a set of around $30 seals to him because they want to rip out his a**hole and charge him another $3200.
Old 04-21-2006, 01:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The part I dont get is TRD/Scion displays their car with the DCsports header and the TRD S/C, thats basically telling everyone its ok to have a header and s/c.

Quick Reply: Calling all Supercharger owners...very important!!!!