Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Cant lock doors after Timer Install

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 12:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Default Cant lock doors after Timer Install

So it turns out I lose the ability to lock and unlock my doors VIA remote if my turbo timer is on, does anyone know a way around that or am I going to have to lock the doors by sticking the key in the keyhole from now on?
Old 08-20-2007, 01:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol sad to say but thats how i lock mine but hey it works.
Old 08-20-2007, 01:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Dang, oh well as long as its not just me I guess thats not too bad, lol
Old 08-20-2007, 01:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

when i had my tC and the stock alarm that came from the dealership, this happened to me....people just told me that i needed to get an aftermarket alarm that would allow it, or disable your factory alarm and only have the door lock function.....i tried the second option, never worked.....i just sat around in my car and watched a dvd while it cycled down, haha.....but overall, never found a solution...if you do, let us know!
Old 08-20-2007, 10:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i just hit the door lock button on the inside and close it.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

just wondering..why do you have a turbo timer if you're s/c'd?
Old 08-21-2007, 01:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

let the hot oils drain themselves from the blower so it doesnt just sit there and I guess break down. The guys at my work told me to do it, and I trust them and their 300-400 hp sentras.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by RSracer
you haven't tried that have you, the car is designed to prevent idiots from locking themselves out.

if you have the engine running, and lock the doors and try to get out, it will unlock the door.

if you open the door, lock it and close it while the engine is running, it will lock the door.

if the engine is running, it is assumed that the car should be in control of the driver, not in the control of somebody from outside the car, so it will ignore the remote lock command while the car is running.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Yeah I figured that after I posted and thought about it, but I wanted to see if anyone else was able to find away around it.
Old 08-21-2007, 02:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by draxcaliber
you haven't tried that have you, the car is designed to prevent idiots from locking themselves out.

if you have the engine running, and lock the doors and try to get out, it will unlock the door.

if you open the door, lock it and close it while the engine is running, it will lock the door.

if the engine is running, it is assumed that the car should be in control of the driver, not in the control of somebody from outside the car, so it will ignore the remote lock command while the car is running.

he ment as he's getting out of the car he locks it
Old 08-21-2007, 02:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Syldrin

why are you such an A-hole every time you post?

You're obviously the idiot cuz he ment as he's getting out of the car he locks it. F-ing moron. every post you ever make is negative buddy. i bet you're like 5'2" and have a wicked case of little man syndrome.
your not paying attention and quite quick to anger. i am not being negative, i am telling you what the car does.

i am guessing you assumed i was calling somebody in this thread an idiot, and i was not. i was using idiot as a general statement for people who absent mindedly lock themselves out of cars.

toyota designed the car to prevent somebody from accidentally locking themselves out of the car while it is running, or when the keys are in the ignition. they have been doing it for a while now.

we had a 1987 toyota pick up with manual locks, to lock the door, you would have to lock the door on the inside, and close the door while lifting the handle up to close the door without unlocking it so that if you closed the door with the lock down, you did it intentionally.

now with a 2005-2008 car, they have designed it not to lock out the driver while the keys are in the ignition or if the engine is running. toyota did not design it to work with a turbo timer in mind whatsoever.

now about what you said, this is TEXT there is no tone, just words conveying a simple factual message. i was not being negative, i was be brief, blunt and to the point.

and you can ask anybody who has met me in person like tc4italy, i am not some 5'2" negative downer with little man syndrome, i am actually 6'2" or 3" and spend most of my time cracking jokes, or watching comedy, and am pretty laid back and easy going.

if you would prefer, how about i type in bright colors with an emoticon after every sentence to and an avatar with a rainbow in it so that nobody ever misconstrues me as being negative ever again?
Old 08-21-2007, 02:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well, if you REALLY want to get around it, here is what you can do, but i'm not 100% sure it will work.

leave your car idling with the turbo timer on, and your keys in your hand.

lower your window as you get out, then, close the door with the window open, then very quickly, reach in and hit the power lock, and then hit the auto up button to roll the window up while pulling your hand out to not get pinched.

see if that works.
Old 08-21-2007, 03:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

I can lock it via the buttons inside, or by the keyhole on the door, I just meant that it couldnt lock via the remote on the key anymore.
Old 08-21-2007, 04:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i thought you couldn't lock it via remote when the turbo timer is on, right?

i am just guessing, but i'm pretty sure that it is programmed to ignore remote commands while the engine is actually running because what if you were pulling out of your driveway and somebody with the second key points at you and hits the panic button? wouldn't that be annoying.

so as i stated earlier, the car has some fail safe measures to prevent manually locking the doors while the engine is running unless you physically lock it with the key on the outside.

i'm not sure if you can disable these because i don't know if the car comes like that, or if they are added features of the scion security system on the car.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Syldrin

why are you such an A-hole every time you post?

You're obviously the idiot cuz he ment as he's getting out of the car he locks it. F-ing moron. every post you ever make is negative buddy. i bet you're like 5'2" and have a wicked case of little man syndrome.
your not paying attention and quite quick to anger. i am not being negative, i am telling you what the car does.

i am guessing you assumed i was calling somebody in this thread an idiot, and i was not. i was using idiot as a general statement for people who absent mindedly lock themselves out of cars.

toyota designed the car to prevent somebody from accidentally locking themselves out of the car while it is running, or when the keys are in the ignition. they have been doing it for a while now.

we had a 1987 toyota pick up with manual locks, to lock the door, you would have to lock the door on the inside, and close the door while lifting the handle up to close the door without unlocking it so that if you closed the door with the lock down, you did it intentionally.

now with a 2005-2008 car, they have designed it not to lock out the driver while the keys are in the ignition or if the engine is running. toyota did not design it to work with a turbo timer in mind whatsoever.

now about what you said, this is TEXT there is no tone, just words conveying a simple factual message. i was not being negative, i was be brief, blunt and to the point.

and you can ask anybody who has met me in person like tc4italy, i am not some 5'2" negative downer with little man syndrome, i am actually 6'2" or 3" and spend most of my time cracking jokes, or watching comedy, and am pretty laid back and easy going.

if you would prefer, how about i type in bright colors with an emoticon after every sentence to and an avatar with a rainbow in it so that nobody ever misconstrues me as being negative ever again?
You don't even have a turbo so how would you know!?

Dude as i'm getting out I lock the door from inside once the turbo timer takes over. If you have the key in the ignition (key words there, key in ignition not engine running)and try this your right it won't work. i've been doing it this way for over 6 months, i've tried it it works.
Is it that had to understand?
Don't be such a drama queen...
Old 08-21-2007, 01:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My car use to be like this, but T1 fixed it last time it was there...
Old 08-21-2007, 03:42 PM
t_C
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 318_tC
My car use to be like this, but T1 fixed it last time it was there...
Could you possibly post more information on how T1 modified your lock setup?

Was the keyless entry module rewired to think the car is no longer running when on the timer?

Help!

-Dominik
Old 08-21-2007, 03:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

^ what was the point of typing "Help!". Is it really a matter of life and death?
Old 08-21-2007, 03:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

^ what was the point of typing "Help!". Is it really a matter of life and death?
Old 08-21-2007, 03:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No youhave to like hook up the ignition backwards or something like that.

Quick Reply: Cant lock doors after Timer Install