Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

car wont start

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2009, 01:09 AM

Default car wont start

i put the turbo on my car about a week ago and it seemed to be driving fine then all of a sudden it stalls at a light and wont start again it is very weak sounding when cranking. i checked all fuses they seem fine, i do not hear the fuel pump when turn key on so i pulled plug from fuel pump to check for voltage and with key on i have no volts any where not sure if it should tho. so i allso had some one crank car while i tested and got about 2-3 volts while cranking. i tryed starting fluid 1st befor any thing and nothing so that would lead to fuel?

any thoughts im lost car is 08 tc 13k miles turbo for about 25 miles but supercharged about 6k miles.
Old 11-26-2009, 01:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

what fuel management do u have. u try pluging stock ecu in to see if it starts?
Old 11-26-2009, 01:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dont use engine starter you deffently dont need that with you have a fuel injection fuel system. Ya try by-passing the whole piggyback system if no luck try pulling one of your spark plugs and make sure you got spark while turning the motor over.
Old 11-26-2009, 01:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

does it at least crank? if soo could be ur MAF i had this problem 2 weeks ago.
Old 11-26-2009, 01:30 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Is your battery good? Does anythign turn on or is the car just dead pretty much? Does it sound like it wants to start. Is there a clicking like the starter trying to kick on?

Go to advance auto or a local auto store and they should do a free battery test for you. It really sounds like you could have a bad alternator but i need to know if your car is totally dead.
Old 11-26-2009, 01:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

did you check the fuses under the hood? Might be your efi fuse.
Old 11-26-2009, 04:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

our fuel pump only gets power when the car is actually cranking and running....not when the key is on
Old 11-26-2009, 01:57 PM

just have trd reflash for tune no piggy back at the moment everything turns radio lights all that, checked all the fuses they are not blown, car will crank but just sounds like it is not trying. and should you hear the mump making noise or is the stock one not loud? and is there any way to check to see if maf is good other then buying a new one?
Old 11-26-2009, 02:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok, Check list.

Is the Crank shaft sensor plugged in? left side of motor on top of alt!

Is the Tb plugged in and no shorts?

Try unplugging battery for 10 min then reconnect!
Old 11-26-2009, 03:17 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

to see if the problem is your maf, simply unplug the maff sensor connector and try starting the car if it starts then the maf is shot, but usually when the maf is shot the car will start but not stay on
Old 11-26-2009, 04:34 PM

rechecked fuses and relays horn works with ether one in. took pump out of car and tested it does work directly hooked to bat, unplugged maf car does same thing. trying to start car with pump unplugged it sounds the same very weak little puffs, crank senso is plugged in and followed from end to end no probs there tb is pluged in hard to follow cause of loom but dont seem to be broken or fryed any where.also disconnected bat for a while and that did nothing.

only thing i noticed is when i have the pump out of car testing i dont hear that when it is in tank trying to start.could my ecu just took a crap for no reason?
Old 11-26-2009, 05:58 PM

ok pump seems to be working that cant be the prob. any good shops by eastern pa wanna take the problem on? i have no clue what to do
Old 11-26-2009, 07:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

check your intercooling piping, sounds like you have a massive vac leak, mine is poping IC pipes all the time it is very annoying but it will do exactly what your saying.

It dies at a light then it will crank and then just die, good way to test is crank it and give it gas. If it stays alive with throttle its a vac leak
Old 11-26-2009, 10:16 PM

i will check pipes tommrow when i can see but it wont even start just cranks forever dont even get a little start just nothing. just checked for spark i do have spark that seems slow and weak as well and my plugs are extreamly black could that keep it from starting? what kinda plugs should i get right now there are the supercharger plugs in there now i have some coppers sitting around from my last car would those work? and if i just keep on cranking for like a min should the cylinders be filling with fuel? it doesent seem to have fuel in cylinders i have been trying to do differnt things to get it started so there should be alot of fuel in there, no?
Old 11-27-2009, 12:39 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

try this...

put new plugs in yes copper will work just gap them to say like .28-.32
then hold the gas pedal all the way down and go to start the car itll bog first then rev up if it starts (dont worry this is safe if u let off after it starts) this is how u get fuel injected car to start after they have been flooded incase u flooded yours with fuel