Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

cel codes(more problems....)

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 06:27 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default cel codes(more problems....)

this morning i decided to check my cel codes. ussually its the same one, the no cat code. well today i pulled 4 codes.....

P0101:MAF or VAF A CKT Range/Perf.
P0301:Cylinder 1 missfire detected
P0302:Cylinder 2 missfire detected
P0304:Cylinder 4 missfire detected

iwas hoping someone could let meknow what couldbe causingme to get these.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What are you using for management?

How long have you had these codes?
Old 08-06-2007, 06:43 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

im using emanage blue. as far as i know they just started happening last night i would guess( i havent driven my car in a week or so and last night was the first timein a while)
Old 08-06-2007, 06:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I cant explain a random MAF code, other than its seeing a drop/increase in voltage outside of its operating range hence the code.

Your other codes have to do with detonation, which if you car sat for a long time could be a result of the gas sitting. Especially if you emange was tuned with allot of timing.

While you car sat did you unplug the battery at all?

Regards-

Todd
Old 08-06-2007, 08:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

are u running boost on ur car? because its not good to misfire in the cylinders....ur sparkplugs could be burned out now....is ur car idling werid?
Old 08-06-2007, 08:43 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

yes, i did disconnect the battery a couple times while the car sat. any i did hit boost a couple of times when i was out the other night. i just replaced the spark plugs while the car was sitting because i was having an idle problem, that problem, after i fixed that my car was running lean(off the wideband) at idle, i think because of an exhuast leak from where the downpipe meets up with the s-pipe(i could feel and smell the exhuast coming out of there.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

While your car sat you disconnected the battery...

When you re connected the battery did you have enough charge or did you have to jump start it?
Old 08-06-2007, 09:28 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

i think you misunderstood what i meant b when i said i had the battery disconnected. the car didnt actually sit there for a week or so with the battery not hooked up. i disconnected it once to take out the emanage and pnp harness then put it back in, and i disconnected it when i changed my spark plugs, so when it was disconnected it was only for 25mins tops.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hmmm...

very interesting....

head to your tuners and make sure your tune is ok.

Thats about all I can tell you at this point.

Very odd, unless there is more to the story.

The only thing is your ecu had learned to deal with the tune before, now because you reset it, it doesn't like what it sees. (starting from scratch again)

Regards-

Todd
Old 08-06-2007, 10:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the first time i ever took my car to japtrix to get tuned, i had the same codes (a few more i think) funny thing is i had the kit on the car for about six months prior. the car ran and felt fine with those codes.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:09 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by brett561tc
the first time i ever took my car to japtrix to get tuned, i had the same codes (a few more i think) funny thing is i had the kit on the car for about six months prior. the car ran and felt fine with those codes.
do you still have the codes on your car? if not what did you do to get rid of them?

Very odd, unless there is more to the story.

The only thing is your ecu had learned to deal with the tune before, now because you reset it, it doesn't like what it sees. (starting from scratch again)
when i left my tuner after getting the tune, like 10 mins later the emanage bugged out and had no throttle response, it was also idleing at 1500-2000rpm bouncing in between. i took the emanage out and went back to the shop and he said it was a possible bad emanage. i hooked up the emanage again and it ran fine but then the same thing happened (about 10 mins of driving later) thats when i changed my sparkplugs and all that and then i hooked up my emanage yesterday and took the car out, drove over 30 miles and it didnt do the idling thing with no throttle response. i just wanted to add that incase it might have anything to do with why im getting these codes.
thanks again for everyones help so far.

(i have a new emanage that my tuner recommended i get so he could reflash it with my tune, i just havent had time to go out there considering the shop is an hour 1/2 away from me ) do you think its my emanage thats causing my problem?
Old 08-07-2007, 01:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i havent checked since that time. what exactly is your set up?
Old 08-07-2007, 01:28 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

i have the treadstone turbo kit(http://treadstoneperformance.com/pro...n+Tc+Turbo+kit) aem wideband defi boost and oil pressure. emanage blue with pnp harness and greddy pressure sensor. 440cc injectors, stock exhaust except for injen axle back. everything else is pretty much stock.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

how long have you been running e-manage?
Old 08-07-2007, 01:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if you started out driving around w/o the e-manage and then got it installed later. then the codes could just be from some detonation from when you were boosting without engine management. once you get your new e-manage installed and tuned, reset your codes. after driving it for a while check your codes to see if they returned. i belive that if your cars ecu senses knock, it will pull alot of timing to prevent engine damage.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:45 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

the codes where never there when i didnt have the emanage hooked up. i did drive around with my car without the emanage hooked up for a while tho, even after i had the car tuned because of the idling problem i talked about before. do you think i should(and is it safe?) just drive around without the emanage installed andjust stay out of boost until i can get the new emanage in?
Old 08-07-2007, 01:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bsptc27
the codes where never there when i didnt have the emanage hooked up. i did drive around with my car without the emanage hooked up for a while tho, even after i had the car tuned because of the idling problem i talked about before. do you think i should(and is it safe?) just drive around without the emanage installed andjust stay out of boost until i can get the new emanage in?
are u sure you never had those code without the e-manage. if the e-manage is broken, then its pretty much like not having it at all. as far as idle goes. if your problem isnt a vacum leak, then its most likely your maf.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:06 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

im positive the codes where never there before i had the emanage hooked up, i checked the codes numerous times. the emanage isnt "broken" so to say. it holds the tune and when its hooked up, the car runs great and afr's are dead on under WOT(without it the afr's were much more lean). if the problem is my MAF, i dont understand how it could have been damaged? it worked fine prior to all this and never had a problem.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:29 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

alright so i just tried to start my car before(for the first time today) i had hte hood opened, when i turned the key, before it even got to crank i just heard a big POP then i see white smoke rising from the engine bay.....i dont know what happened and an praying i didnt just blow up my car.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

check all of your intercooler piping. All of it! Jack up the car and get under it and make sure nothing came off or is about to come off. Pull your plugs and check them out again too. Sucks your having so many issues. Where did the white smoke come from exactly?

Quick Reply: cel codes(more problems....)