Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

CFT FTW

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 02:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thumbs up CFT FTW

After a few trips to Orlando, Omar at Central Florida Turbo has officially owned my ECU with the AEM FIC. The car is amazing now! It drives like an OEM turbo setup. Idle and cruising AFR's are 14.5-15.5, mid throttle and mid boost AFR's are 12 solid and WOT full boost AFR's stick right at 11.5! He has told me he is anxious to play with more turbo TC's and in particular wants to tune an E-Manage TC to compare to the F/IC. If anyone is interested in having any of these things done, I highly recommend Omar. On top of being a great tuner, he stands behind a customer satisfaction guarantee that cannot be beaten! They are great at what they do at CFT (which is why their cars were featured in numerous magazines) and will not let you down. This thread is making it official that this shop is legit and knows how to treat your car and more importantly, their customers! Any questions, just PM me!
Old 08-02-2009, 03:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nice. I decided to keep my tC and to pay it off and just toy around with it. Post pics and specs of your tC please? CFT on Goldenrod runs parallel to the street I live on, kind of. I live about 10 minutes from them.
Old 08-02-2009, 03:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

rangerry i might be the tc they play with on the greddy ultimate :D only bad thing is id have to go get a hotel up there and stuff and stay aslong as it takes
Old 08-02-2009, 04:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It shouldn't take as long for you as it did for me. My schedule sucks because I work nights. To be honest, he could probably knock it out in one session now. He put sooo much effort into making my tune flawless. Didn't charge an extra penny either.
Old 08-02-2009, 04:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by juzlookzfazt
Nice. I decided to keep my tC and to pay it off and just toy around with it. Post pics and specs of your tC please? CFT on Goldenrod runs parallel to the street I live on, kind of. I live about 10 minutes from them.
Follow http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3175875 and it'll take you to my cardomain page for tons of pics. The specs are roughly 275 whp on a mustang dyno at CFT @ 9 psi. Not really an aggressive tune either. No traction on the track so my 1/4 times suck. Very close to 100 mph trap speed though.
Old 08-02-2009, 05:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

275whp on a Mustang dyno and only very close to 100mph trap speed? Should be over 100mph traps.
Old 08-02-2009, 05:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Traction has a lot to do with that

I'd imagine anyway
Old 08-02-2009, 05:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by TheFantasticG
Traction has a lot to do with that

I'd imagine anyway

Poor traction = Higher trap speeds that you would normally run.

I.E. You might trap at oh say 105 mph on Street tires. On slicks, your trap speed would actually Decrease. ET would be better, but your trap would decrease.

For 275whp, car should be over 100mph trap.
Old 08-02-2009, 05:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Very interesting. I would have thought the opposite... obviously.
Old 08-02-2009, 06:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ya rythmn is correct, with slicks ur trap decreases, its weird i used to think the same thing fantastic, but 275whp on a mustang.. that should easily be over 100 mph as bolt on gtis with 250whp dynojet get over 100 :o wats ur 60? could be ur launch
Old 08-02-2009, 12:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rangerryda
Follow http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3175875 and it'll take you to my cardomain page for tons of pics. The specs are roughly 275 whp on a mustang dyno at CFT @ 9 psi. Not really an aggressive tune either. No traction on the track so my 1/4 times suck. Very close to 100 mph trap speed though.

I should note for him.. his 1/4 mile times were not on the cft tune!

And again i will vouge on behaf of CFT ( Central Florida Turbos) On there great work! They are one of the few shops i would trust touching my car!

My vouage with them started out from simply buying a replacment wideband sensor for my car, after one purchase they acted like i was a lifetime customer! Calling me seeing if i was going to the track.. Helping me at the track.. Staging me in the lanes.. Never once had a sales pitch.

I then contacted them to inquire about tunning and after a great price on tuning i went over! From the beggining of the tuning sesion i knew these guys were on top of there game!

I had put down 330 at 9 psi and 362 at 14. So After seeing how great the dyno tune was before paying they told me to take the car for a drive and come back..

Idle was perfect, Cruising was perfect, Under boost was instant death for my falken azenis 225-40-18s as they screamed for there life through 1-3 gear!

And follow up track runs with these guys from that point has been amazing!
They guided me into a 12.4 @ 112

And have since built my motor!

I will be retuning soon and can not wait for this experience!

Thanks to OMAR TECH at CFT!

I think my friend the OP here has one of the nicest running fic cars out there!
Old 08-02-2009, 01:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey mike have you ever ran your car with street tires at the track? Also you chould change your signature and put www.tunedbycft.com that's there correct website lol.
Old 08-02-2009, 01:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by m6ar2cel6oTC
Hey mike have you ever ran your car with street tires at the track? Also you chould change your signature and put www.tunedbycft.com that's there correct website lol.

dang they both used to work.. Good look though man

Yea street tires was very bad best i had was 13.4 @ 117
Old 08-02-2009, 03:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, my 1/4 times and trap speeds were misleading. That was on 7 psi and a pig rich slop tune. NOT CFT's tune.
Old 08-02-2009, 06:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've seen there cars in person pretty nasty machines. CFT are on par with Titan Motorsports who is in the same area. I talked with elevation about Omar doing his tune and said he know's his stuff great tuner. I'm definitely going to CFT in october when I get my kit and hope to put down good numbers with low humidity and cooler temperatures. With Elevation and Ranger both qiving good reviews there's no doubt CFT is the place to go for if your boosted and live in central florida.
Old 08-03-2009, 03:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by GUNNIST14
I've seen there cars in person pretty nasty machines. CFT are on par with Titan Motorsports who is in the same area. I talked with elevation about Omar doing his tune and said he know's his stuff great tuner. I'm definitely going to CFT in october when I get my kit and hope to put down good numbers with low humidity and cooler temperatures. With Elevation and Ranger both qiving good reviews there's no doubt CFT is the place to go for if your boosted and live in central florida.
What kit are you going to get? I would love to see a PTuning kit throw down 300 here in sticky Florida. If I could go back in time and money, I would have bought a PTuning kit myself. Sooo clean under the hood

The best thing about Omar is he is extremely patient with the customers desires. Elevation is a speed freak (like us all) and cares mostly about blowing doors off of Vipers and the like (can't blame him), but I on the other hand just wanted to pep up the TC to a point that is entirely reliable and very street safe. I'm not out to run 11's...ahem Mike lol.... but I do want my car to be as fast as it looks The fact that Omar can accomplish both of those while still keeping both cars performing "exactly as the customer expected" says something worth remembering when tune time comes around.

And no, I did not get paid to say that! lol Which reminds me, I need to get a CFT sticker for under the hood... have any laying around Elevation?
Old 08-03-2009, 01:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What kit are you going to get? I would love to see a PTuning kit throw down 300 here in sticky Florida. If I could go back in time and money, I would have bought a PTuning kit myself. Sooo clean under the hood

The best thing about Omar is he is extremely patient with the customers desires. Elevation is a speed freak (like us all) and cares mostly about blowing doors off of Vipers and the like (can't blame him), but I on the other hand just wanted to pep up the TC to a point that is entirely reliable and very street safe. I'm not out to run 11's...ahem Mike lol.... but I do want my car to be as fast as it looks The fact that Omar can accomplish both of those while still keeping both cars performing "exactly as the customer expected" says something worth remembering when tune time comes around.

And no, I did not get paid to say that! lol Which reminds me, I need to get a CFT sticker for under the hood... have any laying around Elevation?

They dont give stickers to wussys! maybe if u turn up the boost to say 14 pounds! JK JK

Yea.. i have some plus they do as well! What color u looking for? ill hold the stickers ransom at my house so ull have to come to o town to get em!

Glad everything worked out for you man! Looking at ur fic map and looking at other so called tuners FIC maps... its a joke! The smoothing on omars map is insane!

I guess if we can have p-tuning in florida we have the next best thing!
Old 08-03-2009, 03:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I can't go 14 psi without an MBC. I'll go 10 psi soon because I'm at 9 now. I was looking for a red one and two black ones. I meant to grab some before I left last time but it had just started to downpour right after my test drive and I wasn't going to get soaked over a few stickers lol.

If you come to my area, you had better pay the sticker toll or else I'll send the local Po-Po's after you!
Old 08-03-2009, 07:22 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

After a few trips to Orlando, Omar at Central Florida Turbo has officially owned my ECU with the AEM FIC. The car is amazing now! It drives like an OEM turbo setup. Idle and cruising AFR's are 14.5-15.5, mid throttle and mid boost AFR's are 12 solid and WOT full boost AFR's stick right at 11.5! He has told me he is anxious to play with more turbo TC's and in particular wants to tune an E-Manage TC to compare to the F/IC. If anyone is interested in having any of these things done, I highly recommend Omar. On top of being a great tuner, he stands behind a customer satisfaction guarantee that cannot be beaten! They are great at what they do at CFT (which is why their cars were featured in numerous magazines) and will not let you down. This thread is making it official that this shop is legit and knows how to treat your car and more importantly, their customers! Any questions, just PM me!
Glad to see she is finally dialed in better!
Old 08-04-2009, 06:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

More like dialed in perfect!

Quick Reply: CFT FTW