Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Count down to ALPHA! (UPDATE FINALLY!)

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 03:28 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by Syldrin
guess i was too generous in my guesstimation.
Only time will tell Jimbo.
Old 09-28-2011, 04:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by browniemxn
Well, the clutch is a stock TRD clutch, so I really have no clue what that is worth. I bought the car used with 17,000 on it. It now has 25,000 the window sticker stated the options on the car was SIDE airbags, subwoofer option and TRD Clutch (dealer installation paperwork too). But from what I see is that TRD clutch doesn't hold much more HP. I got an ACT 6 puck clutch to replace it. I don't know if I'm going to throw the flywheel in though. I like the feeling of the extra weight of the stockie.

Congrats man,

I'm running on a TRD clutch with a GT3076R @ 11psi. 326whp/320wtq Dyno Dynamics and it seems to be doing just fine. I track the car, not daily driving we are talking about. it's under constant thrashing and is not slipping. It's stronger than you guys think. Yeah, running Quaife LSD also.

Oh! Paul how much would you say the TRD clutch is good for? I also have a LSD to put in once I get back. You wouldn't by chance have instructions to put a Quaife LSD back together would you? I took it apart before I left for my trip and sent it off for cryo, the Mrs got the box back in pieces. I just thought I would remember how it goes back together but I forget those corkscrews inside can go both ways.
First case I've ever heard of someone Cryo treating the Quaife LSD. It's running in tC's with 600+whp without cryo just fyi...
Old 09-28-2011, 07:21 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Congrats man,

I'm running on a TRD clutch with a GT3076R @ 11psi. 326whp/320wtq Dyno Dynamics and it seems to be doing just fine. I track the car, not daily driving we are talking about. it's under constant thrashing and is not slipping. It's stronger than you guys think.
Good to know.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:58 PM
SL Member

I'm not going to risk it! I'm swapping out my clutch while I'm doing my LSD. I'm taking the tranny out already might as well. I took the opportunity to cryo my LSD while it was out of the car. I cryo as many parts as I can because of the durable wear properties it gives to the parts. LSD can handle a lot I know but I like doing things right the first time around. Do I need to change my oil every 1000 miles? No but I do it anyway. You put in the extra TLC into the car and it gives right back.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

^ well if you look at that way why don't you cryo your gears when you pull the tranny out? because when you go big that tranny is going to go boom.
Old 09-29-2011, 01:09 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

^ well if you look at that way why don't you cryo your gears when you pull the tranny out? because when you go big that tranny is going to go boom.
Good point.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Cryo or not, tranny will put 4th gear to rest nearing the 500whp mark. That is if you aren't granny driving to the grocery store... It's only a matter of time before trans develop some issues with the bigger power numbers.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

i agree completly travis.
Old 09-30-2011, 02:28 PM
SL Member

My problem has always been never stopping at a certain HP mark. I mean when is enough, enough? I went overboard with my last car and ended up having a track only car in the end. I don't know about doing an entire tranny for cryo. If it boils down that I went extreme on the HP, I'd get a 6 speed then put more into it.

The ALPHA is what I considered to be my last turbo setup for this car. Just look at it! V-band all the way no exhaust leaks and the turbo can easily be upgraded in less than an hour. I have always loved Tials products and really haven't had the best of luck with brands other than Garrett. However, that's not to say I wouldn't try others. In the end it's really variety that makes performance so interesting.
Old 09-30-2011, 03:01 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

The ALPHA is what I considered to be my last turbo setup for this car. Just look at it! V-band all the way no exhaust leaks and the turbo can easily be upgraded in less than an hour. I have always loved Tials products and really haven't had the best of luck with brands other than Garrett. However, that's not to say I wouldn't try others. In the end it's really variety that makes performance so interesting.
Old 09-30-2011, 04:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

My problem has always been never stopping at a certain HP mark. I mean when is enough, enough? I went overboard with my last car and ended up having a track only car in the end. I don't know about doing an entire tranny for cryo. If it boils down that I went extreme on the HP, I'd get a 6 speed then put more into it.

6spd out of what? Not the tC2 I hope.
Old 10-01-2011, 12:48 AM
SL Member

No nothing out of a TC2. I would look into buying a custom 6 speed box. I have a friend who owns a transmission shop who wants to build me one. However, shipping to a foreign country is a pain. I pay just as much for shipping and customs as I do for the actual parts. Otherwise I would have a DEZOD block and Head already. So I'm planning on getting sent back to the states for my next base close to DEZOD. (hey I can wish can't I?) I love Dezods stuff they have always treat me good. As soon as I get back I will be starting on my ALPHA and posting pictures as well. I haven't seen anyone elses fully finished yet. The wife is telling me she is going to start without me. I need to get home already!!
Old 10-01-2011, 01:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Where do you live?
Old 10-01-2011, 05:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

^ Lawlz
Old 10-02-2011, 12:31 PM
SL Member

Dawg I live in Germany! Over here there are no speed limits and I have race tracks available everywhere. Nuerburgring is our playing field out here! I took my car out with my first S1 kit twice. However, the second time around I had signal problems with my Harness. I had to have my car towed home.

I sprung a leak because of a bad manifold gasket and warped the S1 manifold. (I was mad at myself for doing that) but because of it, I now am going strait to the ALPHA. My other kit is still good but I'm going to either sell it or fix it and keep it around for emissions or something rather.

Only sucky thing about Germany is that dynos aren't very common and the places that have them are pricey (ferrari, Audi, Volvo). Dyno here can easily cost about $1000+ per hour without a tuner. That and a machine shop is deathly expensive. They wanted 190 euro ($260) to mill my warped manifold! So currently I'm not looking for an extreme HP build. Once I hit stateside, I'm all over a built block and tranny like a cheap suit!
Old 10-02-2011, 09:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow Europe is expensive when it comes to shops and machine work. Just a thought have you tried the U.K. probably you can find better prices but it depends on how much time you have left in Germany. Shipping might be expensive also. Well I was just suggesting this.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:14 AM
SL Member

dang that kit look beast just like ptuning
Old 10-03-2011, 01:21 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by cubano4ever
dang that kit look beast just like ptuning
It is our v-band manifold and is linked here for your reference. It is an available upgrade from your S1 or any kit.

http://www.dezod.com/pd-dezod-motors...d-tc-05-10.cfm
Old 10-07-2011, 04:38 PM
SL Member

Status update on the ALPHA. Got home and I'm digging into everything once it stops raining. I'm also starting to gather odds and ends to finish off the kit. I'm also starting the process cleaning my garage. So I will have a lot of odds and ends for sale here hopefully soon.

I'm looking to make room in the garage to powder coat my intercooler pipes too. Possibly a black wrinkle or a mirror black coat. I love black!
Old 10-22-2011, 04:20 PM
SL Member

So I haven't been a good lad in updating my thread. I have since returned from being deployed in the desert. Literally hours off the plane I called Paul at DEZOD to fulfill my order for the hot side, cold side, AEM EMS, and Tial M-VR 44mm wastegate. I also asked Paul to see what he could do to assemble a coolant kit for the Tial M-VR 44mm. I live in Germany and sustained high speeds are the norm here. I feel so slow only doing 128mph racing ferrari's, porsche, and well any exotic isn't uncommon here. Anyway, Paul really hooked me up! You can't beat DEZOD for service they are spot on.

Next day we went to work on removing the old kit on the Blue demon. I also sold the kit for a steal! 1600 with everything plus extras. As the old kit came off I also started to prep the engine for the drop. I'm going to replace the clutch, flywheel and maybe replace engine internals. I would strait just buy a DEZOD block but shipping plus import taxes break the bank. I found a machine shop about an hour from my location that is able to balance and machine a block properly. Luckily the shop also has a set of 89mm weisco pistons and K1 rods on hand. Some guy was building his camry and decided to sell it instead. I figure after total rebuild I will be at least 3k into this bottom end.

Also, I had to purchase a new compressor to replace a dead one. I have a sandblaster and powder coater to run. I've been holding back buying a new one but you have to pay to play. I've ordered my new powder for my pipes and am waiting for DEZOD parts to arrive. I've included pictures of removal and my old trusty S1 kit. Hopefully more to follow in the coming weeks. I apologize progress has been slow, thus is the story of my life living in a different country.
Attached Thumbnails Count down to ALPHA! (UPDATE FINALLY!)-turboremove.jpg   Count down to ALPHA! (UPDATE FINALLY!)-turbopackage.jpg  

Quick Reply: Count down to ALPHA! (UPDATE FINALLY!)