Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Custom turbo

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 03:05 AM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

alright. nevermind

news.

treadstone is selling a downpipe.

woopdee mo'fu-kin doo.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol..... well good news would have been dp for like 300.....
Old 10-15-2007, 03:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

$450 for the downpipe? Well, I guess you make it up in how cheap the mani is, right? Didn't you say the treadstone mani+DP would be less total then the ATP mani+DP?

Just so you know, if you would have listened to me, you could have gotten the dezod mani for $381 and their downpipe for $411 with open dump or $475 with the recirc dump. Both of which also come with a 2.5" S/Pipe.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mr_Meaty
$450 for the downpipe? Well, I guess you make it up in how cheap the mani is, right? Didn't you say the treadstone mani+DP would be less total then the ATP mani+DP?

Just so you know, if you would have listened to me, you could have gotten the dezod mani for $381 and their downpipe for $411 with open dump or $475 with the recirc dump. Both of which also come with a 2.5" S/Pipe.
No way bro you would be paying 800$ + for theDezod manifold and down pipe, and some of us simply do not need a 2.5" S-pipe(have Invidia)
Old 10-15-2007, 03:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Keeshwah
Originally Posted by Mugetsu
In a way it makes sense if you think about it. they will sell you all the parts for you to put your own kit together at half the cost BUT you still need the down pipe...buy it from us? they say...well why don't you just buy "our" kit?

also the pipe is not universal ,the one they make is only for the T3 turbo it comes with, the TC's kit has no option for a different turbo unless you call them up and order it, at which point a different pipe is whipped up and included in the kit.

its not just treadstone...Dezods manifold only fits their down pipe which in turn only fits their S-pipe...

bastiches...
treadstone does not give u a different downpipe if you upgrade the turbo. and they're not sure if the one that is in the kit will work or not. ill let them know in the spring lol.
Not true bro, I have never seen a Garret T3 with a 2.25" 4 bolt "round" exhaust outlet like that.

most use the fugly 5 bolt "SR20"style outlet flange and the Tneticks use a similar set up or the "round" 4 bolt flange.

like this...common T3 5 bolt flange...
http://treadstoneperformance.com/pro...+outlet+flange

freaky new Tnetics round 4 bolt flange for T4...
http://treadstoneperformance.com/pro...+Outlet+Flange

internal wastegate 3 bolt garret flange...
http://treadstoneperformance.com/pro...ownpipe+Flange

"weirdo" T3 4 bolt flange for TC treadstone kit..."
http://treadstoneperformance.com/pro...scharge+flange

unless i'm wrong(and theres a good chance i am ) this flange will not fit Tnetic turbos or other garrets for that matter...

ahh...yeah...what he ^^^ said.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No way bro you would be paying 800$ + for theDezod manifold and down pipe, and some of us simply do not need a 2.5" S-pipe(have Invidia)
Huh? That's $792 for the Dezod setup and $779.95 for the treadstone setup, but the Dezod comes with an s-pipe. Differance of $12.05.
What do you mean "no way you would be paying $800 for dezod?" Oh, and I know aen personally, and he is using the stock S-pipe. Even said so on the last page.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

psst get the TT manifold and powdercoat it yellow with blue stripes
Old 10-15-2007, 05:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

There you go again...it's not powder coated. It's heat coat.

Ignorant Person?
Old 10-15-2007, 06:47 AM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

losers?

id get the tt manifold with a hello kitty on the center tube.

show my manliness off to the world.

HELLO KITTY, yet i'm not the pu**ssy here.

but yea. my calculations, a custom DP made would cost me about 250. without the s pipe.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:49 AM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

In a way it makes sense if you think about it. they will sell you all the parts for you to put your own kit together at half the cost BUT you still need the down pipe...buy it from us? they say...well why don't you just buy "our" kit?

also the pipe is not universal ,the one they make is only for the T3 turbo it comes with, the TC's kit has no option for a different turbo unless you call them up and order it, at which point a different pipe is whipped up and included in the kit.

its not just treadstone...Dezods manifold only fits their down pipe which in turn only fits their S-pipe...

bastiches...
treadstone does not give u a different downpipe if you upgrade the turbo. and they're not sure if the one that is in the kit will work or not. ill let them know in the spring lol.
Not true bro, I have never seen a Garret T3 with a 2.25" 4 bolt "round" exhaust outlet like that.

-stares at my turbo.

i must have some frankenturbo. i have the round 4 bolt exhaust. which is what treadstone offers...thats why i was begging them.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:55 AM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

whatchu guys think of full intercooler piping for 400 bucks? too steep? or should i just get a couple more pipes and do it myself?

i already have the cold side done and done.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ignorant Person?
whos to say you cant powdercoat a manifold? (or spray paint like chris lol)
nowhere did i refer to your manifold meaty.
haha

ignorant person ftw

mr coat hanger exhaust
Old 10-15-2007, 07:11 AM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

mister bed time cuz he's old
Old 10-15-2007, 01:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by aen

bastiches...

-stares at my turbo.

i must have some frankenturbo. i have the round 4 bolt exhaust. which is what treadstone offers...thats why i was begging them.
and they're the ones giving me the upgraded turbo and the info i mentioned...
Old 10-15-2007, 03:10 PM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

treadstone needs to step up their game and figure out what they are DOINGGGGGGGGGGGG
Old 10-15-2007, 04:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Ya, but they have no incentive to do so.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Huh? That's $792 for the Dezod setup and $779.95 for the treadstone setup, but the Dezod comes with an s-pipe. Differance of $12.05.
What do you mean "no way you would be paying $800 for dezod?" Oh, and I know aen personally, and he is using the stock S-pipe. Even said so on the last page.
Well i didn't mean VS the treadstone stuff, its just that i think a down pipe should never be over 300$ look at ATP's and nissan nerds get sr20 down pipes for 160$...
Old 10-15-2007, 04:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by aen

bastiches...

-stares at my turbo.

and they're the ones giving me the upgraded turbo and the info i mentioned...
right back at you keeshwah I said i might be wrong and what would be the point of up grading to a larger turbo if the kit still comes with a down pipe with a 2.25" flange mister smart guy?
or has treadstone not relayed that info to you yet...
Old 10-15-2007, 05:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by olaHalo

Ignorant Person?
whos to say you cant powdercoat a manifold? (or spray paint like chris lol)
nowhere did i refer to your manifold meaty.
haha

ignorant person ftw

mr coat hanger exhaust
jackass!

Hey, old men need their sleep!

I think $400 is a little steep, but I dont' htink you get any less. can they just do the hot side since you have the cold side done?

Mugetsu:
When you put it that way, i agree. ALL our downpipes are way overpriced.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:39 PM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

do you get emials with posts? because i deleted my post where i made fun of you cuz of what your wife said

because i wasn't making sense last night haha. but i should ask about that shouldn't i?

Quick Reply: Custom turbo