Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Cyber Truce!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 02:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Cyber Truce!!!

Alright guys, let's not forget why we're all members on this board. No "sides" on who's is better. Every kit is different, every car is different, every person is different.

This forum used to run much more smoothly when everyone got along and helped eachother. People should help by sharing experiences in a positive manner, in an effort to help another member. I remember the users oldman, guru, rythmnsmoke, all from the beginning. Many left because of some of the behaviors.

We all joined Scion Life (99% of us) because of our interest with cars and modifications. Forums are one of the best resources out there, better than books in SOME cases. Forums helped get me where I was today. I'm sure most of you can say you've learned quite a lot from the forums. The siding and bashing of different companies is not why we're here, so let's try lightening up.

I'm sorry if this is redundant, but I hope this helps things ease up a bit. We should all joke around and help us all find new ways to do things, and share info with eachother.

I hope that a lot of you make it to the Dezod Desert Showdown, and that all of us get along and enjoy what could be one of the most memorable meets in years. We're working hard to treat everyone there really well, customer or not.

Post up your feelings towards this. I would like to see a lot of the big posters out there come here and agree to a new level of maturity and professionalism. That includes you Rythmn and Todd! We need to end the war, it gets nothing accomplished.

The first sneak peak of the project car I'm working on for the event:
Old 04-18-2008, 02:14 AM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

x2, i don't post much useful information anymore because it seems like nobody wants to listen and would rather argue about everything
Old 04-18-2008, 02:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

See there's a start...

It's been a horrible snowball effect. Some really unique and informative things out there no longer pop up on the forums because people are scared to post it.
Old 04-18-2008, 02:20 AM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i used to post information on fixes using stuff from home or stuff from home depot or soemthing but it seems like people just ignore everything and would rather argue as to whether or not it's a permanant fix.

i mean...comming from playing with dsms my whole life you begin to pick up tricks that involve a little creativity.
Old 04-18-2008, 02:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i'm just here to tell you how wrong you all are and that i am right and know everything and now and forever will be the final word in all things car and scion related etc etc and so on thus thusly to the end of time and the day afterwards thank you and good night!
Old 04-18-2008, 02:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I wouldn't mind going to the Desert, but I live in CO.
Old 04-18-2008, 02:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

LOL at DraxCaliber
Old 04-18-2008, 02:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

There can only be one highlander!
Old 04-18-2008, 02:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Well, oldman was one of the first troublemakers back in 04 actually. He knew a lot, but basically spent his time talking down and calling names... famous for his calling a chain of names, adding a new one in each post. So most didnt listen to him to begin with.

I have been on here since late 04 and have seen it go in waves, and a LOT of the knowledgeable guys went over to yoursciontc becuase of it.

I know from my perspective and of a lot of others I know, there is one big turnoff on this site, and that is the large number of kids who really only want to hear what they wish was true. If they ask how much hp their intake made them, they WANT to hear "tons!". If you say otherwise, then they start arguing, then the namecalling ensues.. etc. Some magazine tells them something, or some manufacturer trying to sell something, so that is all they will listen to. And if you disagree, it is because you dont know anything or are being negative.

A lot of others I know of who had the same experiences and hardly come on here any more have been building race cars most of their lives and have a ton of knowledge to share... however, the ricer kids with bad attitudes keep them away. Obike, lo_bux, igod, etc are some others that really do know their stuff, yet hardly come around here any more.

I am not generalizing, and one reason you run into so many bad apples here is due to the sheer number of users (its just statistics), but it does kill it for a lot of people. To a point that a lot of people on other forums never come here at all any more and use the name scionlife as a joke or an insult.

I obviously still come here and talk with some cool people on here, but I have to say that a LOT of the knowledge has moved to other forums, and I spend more time on ystc these days. It would be nice if this became more of what it should be again.

And we have plenty of arguments on some of hte other forums, but short of a few people, it is not taken personally and really is treated more like a debate. It seems more people here call you a know it all if you argue a point or state information directly and matter of fact like. So it is a no win for everyone at that point.
Old 04-18-2008, 02:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Joe_Dezod
There can only be one highlander!
damn straight, and i am supercharged now! thats right, TRD baby! i am no officially the fastest thing on 4 wheels making guys hate themselves as their girls jump outta their hoopties for my super scion!!!
Old 04-18-2008, 02:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you're the fastest and I am faster, what does that make me? Mystery question here... *twilight theme*

:D
Old 04-18-2008, 03:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

^^ Chuck Norris
Old 04-18-2008, 03:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ speaking of chuck, did you know he broke the sound barrier driving a scion tc?
Old 04-18-2008, 01:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Hamster
SL Member

Originally Posted by aen
x2, i don't post much useful information anymore because it seems like nobody wants to listen and would rather argue about everything
Agreed.

Originally Posted by engifineer
I know from my perspective and of a lot of others I know, there is one big turnoff on this site, and that is the large number of kids who really only want to hear what they wish was true. If they ask how much hp their intake made them, they WANT to hear "tons!". If you say otherwise, then they start arguing, then the namecalling ensues.. etc. Some magazine tells them something, or some manufacturer trying to sell something, so that is all they will listen to. And if you disagree, it is because you dont know anything or are being negative.
Agreed. 100%

I've been Admin on ToyotaNation for 7-8 years now and I've seen this sort of thing happen many times.
It's gotten to the point here tho that I only read SL's FI forum and rarely post or I stick to posting in the Scion forum on TN when I'm bored at work. No drama over there ... no real scion traffic but still, no drama, just people needing help asking questions.
Old 04-18-2008, 09:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

there's really not much more technical information that the average scion tunner needs to know, that hasnt already been discussed about 100 times now. most questions can be answered by using a search. pretty much all thats left for scionlife now is for companies to pimp there parts, to have people compete to see who can make the highest hp, or lowest track numbers, and to bicker and fight over trivial crap. but in all actuality, scionlife isn't all that bad. if you wana see some really crap sites, just go to a honda forum.
Old 04-19-2008, 03:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

chuck norris didnt just break the sound barrier, he round house kicked it and it never showed up on any episode of Walker, Texas Ranger again.
Old 04-19-2008, 04:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Honestly the reason this crap didn't used to happen is because moderators were more serious about the task of keeping the peace. I lay this at their feet. most of this crap could be stopped if they just stepped up to the plate. I agree that there is a much needed level of maturity needed on these boards. i've been hanging around here for about 2 years now and i've watched the tC forced induction section become the bastard child of scion life. We all violate the rules but, that's because we've seen how far the rules have been pushed and people push them farther and farther. now we have free reign in here.

There needs to be a serious influx of moderation in this section for starters. Then i belive we'd see a change in this section.
Old 04-19-2008, 04:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well i havent been on this site for very long, but i gotta agree, the only useful info u find on this site is when u search for it and find OLD posts. Some of the new stuff is good but there has been alot of bickering.

I am however lookin forward to the dezod desert show...cant wait to see all the cars and the races...hopefully i will be able to race aswell and hopefully it will be friendly competition instead of a whole bunch of smack talkin and degrading others

P.S. Joe...cars lookin good, cant wait to see it in action
Old 04-19-2008, 05:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SHDWtC
P.S. Joe...cars lookin good, cant wait to see it in action
Thanks man! We just did quite a few mods to it. The motor is a little worn out but we've made a lot of fixes to things to get it running well. 3" Turbo back, 18G ported and clipped w/34mm wastegate (externally dumped). It has the top model Greddy FMIC. We did fuel upgrades, and the AWD tranny is mated to an ACT 2900 and streetlight flywheel.

Right now the only tuning I'm doing is with an Apexi SAFC-II and datalogging with an AEM wideband. It's a matter of dialing fuel and boost levels at this point. Should be fun!

Meanwhile we're working on a turbo kit for my RX-8 as well. Should be fun!
Old 04-19-2008, 05:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

BTW - I also strongly agree that moderators have backed off quite a bit in this forum.

Quick Reply: Cyber Truce!!!