Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Dealerships are stupid

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 04:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Dealerships are stupid

I purchased a 05 tc the day before thanksgiving it has lowering springs, trd wheels, s/c with 9.5lb pulley, forge bpv, short shifter. I purcashed a extended warrenty from the dealership because they told me the factory warrenty was out. well having the car for 2 or 3 weeks the superchargers bearing went bad and i didnt know that the pulley was on the car at the time. so i had a hard time getting them to warrenty it but i got them to! its been in the shop since dec. 18th and the supercharger is not there yet and they told me today that it wouldnt be in til the 16th of jan. does it normally take this long to get one it?
Old 01-02-2008, 04:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

for an '05? could be since they don't make em any more.
What I'm wondering is if they are gonna put the 9.5lb pulley back on the new SC, and if so, if they will still honor the warantee, now that they know it's on there.
Old 01-02-2008, 04:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

they should... however, trd is not warrantying any of that. the dealership or third party company that provides the extended warranty is paying for that. they should continue to warranty it since thats how they bought the car..

i dont get why you say dealerships are stupid. some people on these forums work in dealerships and happen to be very smart.
Old 01-02-2008, 05:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Why would the dealership be stupid?? Because they are fixing your car?
Old 01-02-2008, 05:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

maybe he's saying their stupid cause they offered an extended warnatee on the POS TRD SC!
Old 01-02-2008, 05:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

yea that was ___ to say that dealers are stupid. i think you sir are stupid.
Old 01-02-2008, 05:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i think he is calling the dealership stupid because they gave a warranty on a car that had aftermarket modifications that could cause something like this to happen.
Old 01-02-2008, 05:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

He is saying that dealerships are stupid because they didn;t even know what parts were in when they sold the car, and the point is the dealership did not want to warantee the car for the parts that they waranteed..

STUPID DEALERS...just trying to make money off everyone
Old 01-02-2008, 05:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

What else should they be doing, working for free?? Of course they are making money off of people. Thats the point. Do you work for fun and for free?

I agree way too many dealers have people with thier heads up thier **** running them, and even less intelligent "certified" people they call techs, but that doesnt mean they are all that way.

In this case, they warrantied a part Toyota does not (and should not) warranty, being the SC with a swapped out pulley on it. So, they are covering a part normally not covered under a Toyota warranty (And if you didnt know about the pulley, then apparently they did not either or they would have excluded that part under thier warranty for sure) because they agreed to, they are fixing the car and are waiting on parts. Now, how is that a stupid dealer? If they have to wait for parts, how is that thier fault? You got lucky to even get it covered.
Old 01-02-2008, 05:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The word "stupid" here that he is refering is that the dealer was probably an _______ giving all those unacceptable excuses and taking a long ___ time to fix it.
He paid for the extended warranty... So he thought all these warranty issues would be probably smooth... but i guess he found out is not
Old 01-02-2008, 05:58 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dude the Dealers are nothing but Snakes I've gone threw 2 different Toyota dealerships and both with very bad experiences they are stupid!!
Old 01-02-2008, 06:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, the dealership I went to was great. On the ball. In and out of there in 45 min. always helps me out with service when I need to look under my car (never charges me!)

Anyway, if I traded my car in and they offered an extended warnatee to whoever they sold it to, I'd think they were stupid as well, cause they'd pop the hood and be like "What the f#ck are we supposed to do with that!"
Old 01-02-2008, 06:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

honestly i have never been to a dealer that was horrible, i've seen some not so great ones but i have never had a bad experiance with one.

2 helped me big time on waranty, 1 gave me free stuff, and 1 helped me get my car (the 2nd one) so quickly even tho they didnt have it in stock.

and also i worked at a dealer and ALL of the techs new exactly what they where doing, where honest doing their work and did a great job working there.

so when people say that dealers are snakes or they just screw people over or what not, you are full of it, they are just doing their job and the way you interpret their job could be cloudy because of what people "make" them out to be.

go work at a dealer and see if you still have the same feeling about them after working their
Old 01-02-2008, 06:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

first of all we didn't say ALL Dealers are an _______. But most of them are... seriously...
Old 01-02-2008, 06:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

first of all i never said you said ALL dealers are stupid, i said i have never met one that was.

and it sucks that you have had bad experiances, i guess we just have good dealers around here, even Clair that has been shady at some points, helped me out big time.
Old 01-02-2008, 07:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Tell you what, the Nissan dealerships here are SUPER SHADY! But I've alwasy had great help and service at Toyota/Scion/Lexis, Honda, Chevy, and CarMax!
Old 01-02-2008, 11:22 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Don't get me wrong' i Was in and out as well but when it came to certain things they are just down right wrong for instance this one Dealership had the nerve to tell me that LoJack came to my house and installed it. there for not wanting to full fill there duty's
Old 01-03-2008, 12:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok if my topic made no sense it was because i was so upset so here goes the reason for them being stupid.
1. i purchased the car from a mazda dealership i traded my speed 3 in to get had problems out of speed 3's motor mount. Anyways i bought the extended warrenty for the way the car was bought.
2. i drove the car to the toyota dealership because the mazda people couldnt fix it.
3. People at toyota pulled the vin up and said there in no warrenty on the s/c because it was not purchased there that it was purchased from longo. i said the s/c has 4500 miles on it you all here installed it so it should be warrentied (sp?)
4. They have been giving me run arounds and waiting and everything. toyota has had the car since dec18th and the "estimated" date for arrival of s/c is jan 16th
5. They want give me a rental and i drove this car for a 13 days on there dealer tag as a rental and they want give me one now! thats bs ive had two other rentals from the same dealer for my mazda.
Old 01-03-2008, 12:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the dealership knew about everything that was on the car when i purchased because i called the previous owner and he said he told them at trade in
Old 01-03-2008, 12:27 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

So you purchased the warranty through Mazda?

Why are you mad at Toyota? It states in the warranty paperwork for the supercharger, that a supercharger with a modified pulle, bpv, or intake will NOT be warrantied.
But thats not your issue either. Your issue is, your warranty is through Mazda, if they cant fix it, they should sub-contract the work. Which would mean paying toyota to fix it.
AT ZERO POINT IN TIME, should you be looking to Toyota to warranty anything, if you purchased the warranty through Mazda. So stupid deler, is Mazda.

Oh and I have ha excelent experiences with 3 toyota/scion dealerships. I go in friday to have my3rd supercarger taken care of.

Quick Reply: Dealerships are stupid