Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Dealerships are stupid

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 12:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Wait... a MAZDA dealer gave you the extended warranty and you are trying to get it warrantied at a TOYOTA dealer? Extended warranties like that are aftermarket warranties and have nothing at all to do with toyota. If you take ANY TRD SC to a toyota dealer and the tamper proof cap is missing and a smaller pulley is installed, they can tell you to hit the road since the tamper proof cap is required per warranty. Your extended warranty company is who you needed to talk to.

Unless I am missing what you are saying. But if you bought the car and warranty at a mazda dealer, and a toyota dealer is even considering covering the SC with the swapped pulley, you should be kissing thier ****, not calling them stupid.
Old 01-03-2008, 12:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Look really i shouldnt be putting this on here its really a long story from both dealerships honeslty treated me badly. Mazda is paying toyota to fix it and they are just replacing the s/c not the whole kit so i will stil have my bpv!! But what i was saying about the toyota dealership is that they said they couldnt warrenty it because of the supercharger would bought from them.
Old 01-03-2008, 12:49 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

You shouldnt be putting it on here, but you did.

Of course they cant warranty it. But why would they? You dont have a warranty through them. If mazda is paying for the wok outright, a warranty through Toyota isnt even an issue, so why would you be mad that they wouldnt do it?

If your gonna share a story, share the whole thing. Thats what forums are for. And this forum is to help each other out, so tell the story so we can help you and point you in the right direction.
You cant just say they are stupid and expect us to agree with you, with nothing to back it all up.
Old 01-03-2008, 12:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

toyota dealership told me they couldnt warrenty even before they looked at the pulley
Old 01-03-2008, 01:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

If they were not sure who installed it at first, then they shouldnt. That protects them from covering a poor install by someone else. This whole story just keeps getting more and more strange. With the fact that you bought it at Mazda, bought an aftermarket warranty and Toyota is working on it, I would just be thankful that it is getting fixed at no charge to you.
Old 01-03-2008, 01:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by TRDChargedtC
the dealership knew about everything that was on the car when i purchased because i called the previous owner and he said he told them at trade in
But that was the mazda dealer, not the Toyota dealer. You said you purchased the car through a Mazda dealer, so how would the Toyota dealer know anything about the car?? So you are saying that Toyota should cover it all because the Mazda dealer was told by the original owner of the mods when he traded it in????
Old 01-03-2008, 01:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

When the car messed up dec 18th i drove it straight to mazda they said they couldnt work on it!!!!!!! So i went to the toyota dealership and when i pulled in told them what was wrong they pulley the vin number up to see if it was installed there and they seen that it was but then the toyota dealership told me they couldnt warrenty it there even before it went into the shop is what im getting at before they even looked at it
Old 01-03-2008, 01:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

So at first, before knowing that the SC was installed there and only knowing that the car was purchased elsewhere (good reason to first assume the SC wasnt from them) they said they would not warranty it. They then pull the VIN, find out it WAS installed there and agree to warranty it, even though the aftermarket pulley was installed ?

If that is the story, then not only does it sound like you exaggerated the initial story about how hard it was to get them to warranty it (if all they did was pull the VIN and then agree to do it), they are still covering something they shouldn't have to since the pulley was swapped.

Again, sounds like the dealer is doing just what they should and then some. Be thankful you are getting it fixed for free!
Old 01-03-2008, 01:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no toyota never agreed to do it
Old 01-03-2008, 05:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

OK...the mazda dealership is stupid for waranteeing something that they couldn't fix.

Did you say they "won't" give you a rental or they "want to" give you a rental?

Oh, and you know that there is a recal on the mazdaspeed motormounts for that, right?
Old 01-03-2008, 09:35 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default Re: Dealerships are stupid

I purchased a 05 tc the day before thanksgiving .... well having the car for 2 or 3 weeks the superchargers bearing went bad and i didnt know that the pulley was on the car at the time. ..............shop since dec. 18th

Got another question.
Sorry to give the 20 questions and all, but you opened up a can of works by bashing Delerships.
You got the car the last week of thanksgiving, drove it for 2-3 weeks and took it in for warranty at a Toyota dealership. Claim you didnt know it had an after market pulley and all........................BUT...............On Dec 3rd, just a week or so after buying it, you posted about having an aftermarket pulley:

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...light=#3022433
I have a 05 tC with s/c. The list of upgrades is the reflash, injectors, full exhaust, 9.5lbs pulley upgrade. someone told me if i put a intake on it the car would run lean what do you guys think on this situation and i would i have to but a fuel management for it?

So you went to have something warrantied, that you new had modifications thats wouldnt get warrantied, yet you are mad at the dealer????
Old 01-03-2008, 03:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 01-03-2008, 05:39 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Funny thing is we have the superchargers in stock and so does Toyota so its weird that they are waiting until the middle of January to get one? If they would have gotten it from us we would of had it in the mail the same day! :D
Old 01-03-2008, 09:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well i wouldnt sure which pulley was on it. the previous owner said it was but i wouldnt sure thank you 20 questions! i have had two mazdaspeed 3's the first one i had 3500 miles on it and the motor fell to the ground doing 65 on a highway. i got the car back from fixing the mount and stuff and the car just wasnt right the axles were poppin and more road noise idk. so they gave me a second one traded straight up which is the only good thing this mazda dealership has done! They put the racalled mount in it within the first week i had it and it was backing out right before i traded it in. On the mazda forums they were having problems with the recall mount backing out. So either 1 they didnt put the recall mount in and told me they did or 2. its just a poor design!? Trdsparks you only seem like the only nice guy on here and you see why iam mad. They want give me a rental and i have no transportation! It does not take a month to get a s/c in idk could i get them to call you and order one? there excuse was it was special ordered. Im sure not all dealers is like this but all the ones i have delt with are crappy!!!!!!
Old 01-03-2008, 09:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

And this same toyota dealership installed everything and did all the service on it so they know about the car
Old 01-03-2008, 09:45 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

It does not take a month to get a s/c in idk could i get them to call you and order one? there excuse was it was special ordered.
That would not be a problem, but I doubt that if they already have it "on order" that they will reorder it from us, you may want to check that first.
Old 01-03-2008, 10:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I see your frustration (don't see why you keep saying they "want" to give you a trade in...but anyway...) but the thing is you bought the car from mazda. The SC was already in it. Mazda waranteed the car. Mazda should have to fix it. If they can't, they need to get someone who can, but MAZDA is responsible and MAZDA should give you a rental. If it was up to TOYOTA, they would not do anything because the pully voided TOYOTA's warantee.
Old 01-03-2008, 10:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oops i mean mazda would not give me a rental.!
Old 01-03-2008, 11:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 01-03-2008, 11:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So you know about the speed3's huh?

Quick Reply: Dealerships are stupid