Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Dealerships are stupid

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 11:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

a friend I work with has one. she loves it. I took it for a spin, not bad. feels wierd cause of the body shape, and boost comes on good, but it drops of pretty bad after 5500 rpm or so. I like it, but not for $25k. my tC will spank it! oh, and that engine bay looks WAY cramped to do any work in there.
Old 01-04-2008, 12:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah i liked but i was trying to get out of debt and have a 2door car again lol. So how much hp you putting out with your turbo kit?
Old 01-04-2008, 12:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok so let me start by saying i work for a dealership ( have been for 3yrs ) i have taken no offense to what you said about them being stupid b/c of your fustration...the mazda dealer should give you a rental without any money coming from your pocket and the SHOULD be responsible for all of the things that go wrong on the car with warrenty and stuff like that....BUT if the sold you the car as is and an as is was posted up on the window of the vehicle when you bought it then your screwed...and i dont really understand if the toyota dealer pulled up the vin and they worked on it there....it should all be good....at the same time the reason the toyota dealer might be a lil shady is b/c they're trying to cover their @$$ but take it up with mazda and raise hell...demand the GM and explain your fustration but with no attitude b/c trust me once a GM sees a customer and they're nothing but nice and chill about the situation...they will make sure its taken care of... although i know your ____ed as i would be too...see what happens an keep me posted....ill ask the service mgr and the GM @ my job about this and ill let you know what they say.....
Old 01-04-2008, 01:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Mazda has to pay toyota to fix the car and not im just waiting on the part to get here lol. i had to raise hell to get mazda to warrenty it. i said i bought a aftermarket warrenty for the way you sold the car to me and it should be covered! There response was well this car is lowered and etc i said well sir you sold the car from your dealership that way. but still yet no rental! Mazda said i could get one for two days other than i had to pay for it
Old 01-04-2008, 01:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thats bull____ just to let you know
Old 01-04-2008, 03:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TRDChargedtC
Yeah i liked but i was trying to get out of debt and have a 2door car again lol. So how much hp you putting out with your turbo kit?
During the summer (110degrees!) I was putting down 252whp at 5psi. Now it's colder so my psi is up to 6.5 or so, so I should be putting down a little more, but I'm working on a couple rich spots, and after I get that squared away, im getting a larger WG spring and upping the boost to 8 or 9psi, so then I'll have to get new dyno numbers.

Hope all works out with your sitiation.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh i know its bull____ and i have had three rentals from that same mazda dealership with no cost!!!
Old 01-04-2008, 10:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

My remaining question is WHO is your warranty through? Most aftermarket warranties I have seen have zero to do with the dealer you purchased from. So in that case, it is the aftermarket warranty company that is probably calling the shots to Mazda, not the dealer themselves. You have to read those aftermarket warranties very closely (and normally just dont buy them to begin with. If you want one you can get a cheaper on on your own most times).
Old 01-04-2008, 10:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What were the reasons for the 3 previouse rentals? The Mazdspeed motormounts?
Old 01-05-2008, 12:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah it was the mounts. im not sure but i bought a 1800 dollar warrenty is all i know
Old 01-05-2008, 12:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

and it does cover turbo and s/c