Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Dezod doing bigger things with less boost! 4 Videos!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 09:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Missing something?

I watched ZPI on fil make a 13.7 pass in their 11sec car with street tires.

I did a 13.5 pass with drag radials but with all that extra audio and a kit, and at less boost? I dunno you got me on this one
Old 05-25-2006, 09:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mikescion
i really can't say. But i wouldn't mind seeing Higher #'s from a shop car.. i mean come on any old joe can buy a turbo kit for there Tc and do them numbers if not better that car should be running 12's if it was done right they said that there selfs. If i owned a shop i would put befores and afters not "i just did the best that i could have and that was a 13.5 @107" and thats with there good tune i think there missing something.
BTW I have yet to see a T-netics kit run faster than a high 13 and I doubt they have the same weight in there car.
Old 05-25-2006, 09:36 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i'm saying what will it take to show you your doing something wrong?< a average joe to get in a Tc with a turbo kit run same boost as you with same BFG drag radials and run better than you? let me know
Old 05-25-2006, 09:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Joe_Dezod
Missing something?

I watched ZPI on fil make a 13.7 pass in their 11sec car with street tires.

That was fun we went like 119 doing a 1/4 burn out...
Old 05-25-2006, 09:40 PM
5 Year Member
KAD
SL Member

and wasnt it on 19's kenny? lol but none the less nice numbers and the car looks sweet.
Old 05-25-2006, 09:44 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I knew i forgot something.... I Beat if you leave your car the way it is and i bring my car to the track the way mine is (with my gurl in the passanger seat) i can beat your time of 13.5 @107.
Old 05-25-2006, 09:45 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

sorry spell check wasn't working i meant <BET> sorry about that
Old 05-25-2006, 09:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

:? don't get it?
Old 05-25-2006, 10:09 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey mikescion , you need to go make some passes and see what you run . you act like you have an un stopable monster . I wanna see times .
Old 05-25-2006, 10:15 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Mike, let's remember one thing. We are displaying what an AVERAGE person with ANY tC is capable of with bolting on our S1 kit and turning the boost up 2 LBS. We are not out to make a track killer JUST YET.........

That is what our S2 kit is for...........
Old 05-25-2006, 10:19 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i'm sorry for coming off as an unstopable monster. just saying i think that b4 anyone gets all harse on other shops and gives this guy a thumbs up for doing a 13.5 and listens to all his excuses for running like that ; they should look at how good the other guys are. I mean ok maybe someone like me can get in a Tc with a Stage 1 turbo kit (you know all the fast cars are stage1) and do a 13.4@ 107mph with a 2.2 60ft. and look at that its better than a 13.5 oh yea and let me say 2 words BLOWN CLUTCH.
Old 05-25-2006, 10:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by paul_dezod
Mike, let's remember one thing. We are displaying what an AVERAGE person with ANY tC is capable of with bolting on our S1 kit and turning the boost up 2 LBS. We are not out to make a track killer JUST YET.........

That is what our S2 kit is for...........
Ignore the stupid remarks. I like the fact that your car is just as heavy as my almost 3300lbs monster . It has Show and Go just the way I like my car. Not a gutted, loud,and annoying rolling piece of sheet metal . BTW Dezod, when I bolted my Turbonetics kit on my car. I ran a 13.7@105 with my car with falcon tires and a 2.4 60ft with 8psi. I had my toolbox and a bag of clothes in my car at the time, because my friend flaked out on me at the last minute. Something to think about there. I show my car now more than I race it. My trophies are pilling up and It's alot easier on the car .
Old 05-25-2006, 10:35 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

WOW! i think a T-netics kit is faster then Dezod anyway we should all meet up at E-town and race my everyday street car with a standard stage 1 turbo kit.... no flamen just all fun? hows it sound folks
Old 05-25-2006, 10:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mikescion
i'm sorry for coming off as an unstopable monster. just saying i think that b4 anyone gets all harse on other shops and gives this guy a thumbs up for doing a 13.5 and listens to all his excuses for running like that ; they should look at how good the other guys are. I mean ok maybe someone like me can get in a Tc with a Stage 1 turbo kit (you know all the fast cars are stage1) and do a 13.4@ 107mph with a 2.2 60ft. and look at that its better than a 13.5 oh yea and let me say 2 words BLOWN CLUTCH.
You got a timeslip or video to back up that claim bro
Old 05-25-2006, 10:41 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

um like i said you all can see it in action if you wanna meet up....
Old 05-25-2006, 10:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Now, Now Mike...Just slow down a bit BuckaRoo...

Hey Joe, I just loved the last vid with the modded S2k. Damn he got rapped! Keep running and doing what you guys do.
Old 05-25-2006, 11:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks rythm I appreciate the support.

I already said I'd love to meet up in Etown sometime soon with you guys .

As for the "excuses". All I'm doing is explaining what causes the numbers for the amount of power we're making. The car put down 293wtq and 281.xwhp. With that kind of power the car should be low 13s high 12s on a stock type setup tC with some good tires. My car is a show car that we've boosted. That being said, for all the weight (note that I have 4 12" MA Audio subs, 4 Pairs of Alpines, 4 Alpine amps, Xbox, and a lot of dynamat), it's running some pretty respectable times. One day (after out magazine shoot), I'll finally be able to take all that stuff out and run it at the track to show what that kind of power can actually do.

I still don't see where you're getting at Mike. Are you saying I'm a bad driver or the car's slow and I'm just making excuses? What's your car actually run on the quarter mile? What'd you make on the dyno? Please back up your car before you start raving about how fast it is.

Oh an Munch... Thanks for the info! I really haven't seen too many times on that kit so I'm glad to finally see something. We should hit up a race at the track in July haha, show car vs show car.

Cheers guys

We should set a date sometime in July for me to take my tC down to E-town and do some heads up with you guys.
Old 05-26-2006, 04:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

and mike is going to be the reason why our cars are going to get a bad name with that attitude.

STi owners look down on these types
Evos look down on thse types

Mike for god sakes, post some of your slips and vids of you at a track. I dont believe a single word you say.

BTW, Joe's car is wayyy far from a "shop car" get your facts straight.

Sigh sadly, Mike is going to give boosted tC's a bad name.

change your attitude man...then again it comes with your age grow up a bit more man.

Your doing a hell of a job Joe! Can't wait to meet up with you out here in AZ, should be "fun" hehe

Dezod
Old 05-26-2006, 04:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Joe_Dezod
(after our magazine shoot)
^^^Loved this litte throw in.

First off, your car looks HOT! Second, love the videos, in fact there should be a video section on SL. Third, keep up the good work and helping to make a name for the tC.

Mikescion, just chill a little. Don't get this thread loocked (I hate that). Also, I look foward to see vids and slips of your car soon.

Oh yeah... shootout shootout shootout. If all you guys are there I'll start packing my bags now.
Old 05-26-2006, 04:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Yeah, Joe. You would need to strip all that gear out to run with the BIG DOGS!...j/k. But our car is the exact opposite of yours. It still goes to shows, but we are going down the avenue of "showing" a Race Car at the show, and not a "bling bling" show car. We still win trophies, so it's all good, and we get to be fast.

Quick Reply: Dezod doing bigger things with less boost! 4 Videos!!