Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Dezod EMS - Updated 12/16 - ALL HAVE BEEN SHIPPED

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 04:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tc2nut4
ohhhh is it com or usb... if its com i'm screwed because my laptop doesn't have a com spot... has every other slot just not a com slot.... wtf is up with that
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...&Go.x=0&Go.y=0
Old 10-26-2006, 04:04 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by Joe_Dezod
You can only tune it outside of your car if you have a 12V AC to DC converter, and if you want to continually wire in the EMS, cut the wires, and wire it back it every time you make a change. Buying a PDA based USB to Serial adapter with a USB extenstion cable will work too, as long as you get the drivers to work. With our pre-tune, it will all be done for you, so just wire it in and go.

You're tune will be 14.7 at idle. It will be at let's say, 13 for about 3 psi, and then 12 at about 6-7 psi, and richen up a little bit more as the boost goes up.
So if i buy this thing with the pre-tune there'd be no need to do any tinkering? So i'd just have to wire it in and be done? Wire and go?
Old 10-26-2006, 04:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by zer0
ohhhh is it com or usb... if its com i'm screwed because my laptop doesn't have a com spot... has every other slot just not a com slot.... wtf is up with that
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...&Go.x=0&Go.y=0

I'm not worthy
Old 10-26-2006, 04:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Prototype_xB
You can only tune it outside of your car if you have a 12V AC to DC converter, and if you want to continually wire in the EMS, cut the wires, and wire it back it every time you make a change. Buying a PDA based USB to Serial adapter with a USB extenstion cable will work too, as long as you get the drivers to work. With our pre-tune, it will all be done for you, so just wire it in and go.

You're tune will be 14.7 at idle. It will be at let's say, 13 for about 3 psi, and then 12 at about 6-7 psi, and richen up a little bit more as the boost goes up.
So if i buy this thing with the pre-tune there'd be no need to do any tinkering? So i'd just have to wire it in and be done? Wire and go?
Wire and go 100%! The tune will be the same on every tC because every tC ECU learns the same way. Closed loop is different because the tune is fixed, and different gasolines and air conditions play a role. With partial throttle (open loop), the ECU is compensating for the different air temps and densities, all we're doing is giving the motor the fuel it needs to adequately produce power without damaging the motor.
Old 10-26-2006, 04:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

damnit... the list of things i need to buy before my turbo keeps getting longer... damn you dezod lol
Old 10-26-2006, 04:24 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Wire and go 100%! The tune will be the same on every tC because every tC ECU learns the same way. Closed loop is different because the tune is fixed, and different gasolines and air conditions play a role. With partial throttle (open loop), the ECU is compensating for the different air temps and densities, all we're doing is giving the motor the fuel it needs to adequately produce power without damaging the motor.
Adding this to my priority list
Old 10-26-2006, 04:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Somehow I knew you would not cease to grab this oppurtunity to jump on this and be an @ss

hehe what can i say?
Old 10-26-2006, 04:29 AM
5 Year Member

Is this only for turbo guys, or can us TRD supercharged guys benfit from this? Forgive me, I'm relatively new
Old 10-26-2006, 05:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's ok. The TRD S/C guys can benefit from this, but with the stock pulley I don't think you really need it. I'm not here to take anyones money. The TRD blower only makes the 7psi near redline, so partial throttle or not, even at 3k rpms you're still below 5 psi which really doesn't need too much more fuel. If you're bring the boost up to 9+, then it'd be beneficial. The tune would have to be modified slightly however.
Old 10-26-2006, 06:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

GB Link:
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...998450#1998450

No pics yet sorry guys. We're looking to "clean up" the look of my glove box right now haha. I have a lot of things going on with the car right now in terms of development.
I can vouch for this, I looked in his tC tonight, it was not a pretty sight!! All kinds of goodies being tested. Sweet!
Old 10-26-2006, 06:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah man I'd say tonight we both had a slew of wires everywhere haha
Old 10-26-2006, 08:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Is there any clue as into who is the company who will be making these units (I am assuming you guys are not manufacturing these things). Also it sounds like it is exactly like the Underdog Racing AFR Sensor Calibrator (.http://www.urdusa.com/product_info.p..._id=1230100028). If this is not the same thing then what are the benefits of yours (besides you supporting it and our ECU of curse ).
Old 10-26-2006, 08:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I can say that I obviously did not manufacture the chip myself lol...

We got a specific version of a Split Second ECU system to work. There's many many numbers to chose from and we found the right one. After properly wiring it, and calibtrating the unit, it works great.

I can tell you that even if we sold just an out-right, unmodified unit, it'd still be cheaper than the Split Second box itself, which retails for more than what we're retailing it for on our website, nevermind the GB price.
Old 10-26-2006, 08:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I understand the Split Second version would be more expensive but the URD is $228 and it says it works with the Camry which has the same part number for the front o2 at least. Anyways besides that I would like to know if you changed anything or if you had Split Second making this custom for you (which I take it they did not). Also are you in the plans of releasing a complete Emanage replacement using Split Second Hardware (I would be highly interested)??
Old 10-26-2006, 01:40 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Bullocks, just when I thought I was gonna start saving some money, you had to go and release this. Time to crack open that piggy bank again.
Old 10-26-2006, 01:49 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

/\/\ Well worth that college fund $$$
Old 10-26-2006, 03:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Serial to usb adapter should work. Here's an example...

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...6218&CatId=464
Old 10-26-2006, 05:25 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

With this unit, all of those who drive the car a bit more spirited (like Joe ), will make more reliable and safer power in partial throttle closed loop operation.

As many of you who have a WB O2 may have noticed, the kit makes boost in part throttle and shows an AFR of 14-15:1 while making 2-3 PSI on the streets. This is a bad scenario for those more spirited drivers who rev her out a bit more then shift. These mere few pounds occur on the streets while being at the nice 20% o throttle position or so, just cruising.

This unit, when used in conjunction with our e-manage tune will provide nearly the same drivability as a stock turbo car.
Old 10-26-2006, 05:37 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by paul_dezod
This unit, when used in conjunction with our e-manage tune will provide nearly the same drivability as a stock turbo car.
I like the sound of that. This will make one nice stocking stuffer for my me... I mean my girlfriend. I can see it now, "What the hell is this?" "Oh, you don't like it hun? Well I'll just have to keep it for myself if you really don't want it."
Old 10-26-2006, 06:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm interested...add me to the list.

Quick Reply: Dezod EMS - Updated 12/16 - ALL HAVE BEEN SHIPPED