Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Dezod EMS - Updated 12/16 - ALL HAVE BEEN SHIPPED

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 06:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Haha yeah I suppose that works lol...

As for Split Second... we've been trying out multiple EMS's to fab something to work for the tC and the one from split hasn't been able to do everything we want it to. We're still working on a totally new EMS system that we gave some big input on so we'll see how that develops. We're also finsihing up our full PnP stand-alone EMS system as well.
Old 10-26-2006, 06:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Can you use this device to add fuel at wot as well?? Say your car got tuned in the summer and its winter now and as a result you running a little lean due to very cold weather. Could you use this to richen it up a little?
Old 10-26-2006, 06:31 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by Joe_Dezod
Haha yeah I suppose that works lol...

As for Split Second... we've been trying out multiple EMS's to fab something to work for the tC and the one from split hasn't been able to do everything we want it to. We're still working on a totally new EMS system that we gave some big input on so we'll see how that develops. We're also finsihing up our full PnP stand-alone EMS system as well.
I am nearly done with the standalone. Should prove to be VERY good.
Old 10-26-2006, 06:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It can not unfortunately. At WOT is a locked map on the ECU and doesn't care too much about what the o2 sensor is reading, unless it's really really off... You need an Emanage blue or ultimate, or a unichip to adjust WOT.
Old 10-26-2006, 06:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you get the preconfigured version is it generic for all kits or do you set it up depending how much boost the individual is runnig?
Old 10-26-2006, 07:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

I'm lost. Call me noob, but can you explain clearly what benefits one would see adding this unit? Am I to understand that this is a 3rd additional component, ECU + PIGGY + Module? What extra is the Module going to do over just the Emanage and ECU? You mentioned it doesn't change anything at Idle, doesn't change anything at WOT...so exactly what does it change?

The link provided to the Underdog Racing one, is that what this thing is?
Old 10-26-2006, 07:22 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Nice work.

What kinda of deals are you going to run on the whole deal:
Emanage Ultimate, PnP Harness, Supplemental harness, and this module?
PM me if need be, because I need the works.
Old 10-26-2006, 08:46 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by Nick06tC
Nice work.

Sure we can work something out for ya Nick. We like packages!

Originally Posted by Schuller
If you get the preconfigured version is it generic for all kits or do you set it up depending how much boost the individual is runnig?
Partial throttle will be close, but not identical. You can feel free to tweak the the base map if need be.

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
I'm lost. Call me noob, but can you explain clearly what benefits one would see adding this unit? Am I to understand that this is a 3rd additional component, ECU + PIGGY + Module? What extra is the Module going to do over just the Emanage and ECU? You mentioned it doesn't change anything at Idle, doesn't change anything at WOT...so exactly what does it change?

The benfit is closed loop throttle control over AFRs. As stated previously and witnessed 1st hand several times, your partial throttle AFRs when datalogged with the E-manage are around 14-15:1 on 1-4 PSI with a 15-25% throttle. That is not good. This box corrects that scenario and the e-manage runs stellar on Open Loop operation. So in conclusion, you have the fuel control of a standalone on the E-manage, with our harness and a 'black box'. (2 items and one harness)

No it is not the UDR box. Different beast all together.
Old 10-26-2006, 08:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by paul_dezod
Nice work.

Partial throttle will be close, but not identical. You can feel free to tweak the the base map if need be.

The benfit is closed loop throttle control over AFRs. As stated previously and witnessed 1st hand several times, your partial throttle AFRs when datalogged with the E-manage are around 14-15:1 on 1-4 PSI with a 15-25% throttle. That is not good. This box corrects that scenario and the e-manage runs stellar on Open Loop operation. So in conclusion, you have the fuel control of a standalone on the E-manage, with our harness and a 'black box'. (2 items and one harness)

I notice the same thing at 1-4 psi with the unichip as well. Will your base map work fine with my unichip?
Old 10-26-2006, 08:54 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by yamaha16bw
Nice work.

I notice the same thing at 1-4 psi with the unichip as well. Will your base map work fine with my unichip?
Should work just fine!!!
Old 10-26-2006, 11:00 PM
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member

Will it work with the SARC2.........
Old 10-26-2006, 11:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

You said it's a different beast all together. Can you go more into detail on those differences?

UDR is $228 dollars

Your unit is $249 dollars

For the extra $20 some odd dollars, what benefits am I to see over the UDR box?
Old 10-27-2006, 12:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I am interested in the differences between your box and the URD too. I maybe just pick up one of your boxes as I am very interested in this type of tuning and would love to hear the advantages of using your box.

Anyways since you have experience with this device I was wondering while using this style of tuning for closed loop tuning, could this change our Long Term Fuel Trims?? And will that affect our WOT tunes?? This is what I have always been afraid of when using an o2 sensor conditioning. I think if we do not spend too much time in partial throttle boost then I am sure there will be no effect with Long Term Fuel Trims but then what is the point of having the box then anyways?? Sorry for all the questions I just do not want to change my WOT tune and have to try and correct for this device.
Old 10-27-2006, 02:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

There is no negative side affects from this box. To answer your question rythmn, it doesn't modify your idle, because we tune it not to. We don't want people idling at 12.0 AFR because of a turbo. The turbo doesn't do a single thing at idle so why fix a good tune? This unit simply allows you to put down 10%, 20%, 40%, 60% throttle etc without worrying about running too lean. URD uses a split second hardware system, as do we. I don't know which one will work exactly from URD, but I have the chip that works with our car from Split Second. Rythmn, feel free to try the URD and post your results. We're working directly with split second so that's all I see. With the group buy prices, it's cheaper than URD anyway (also includes shipping), and it's guaranteed to work. We spent some time tweaking a tune to get it to run the way we want it to. I think a lot of customers and SL members on this side would rather pay a little more (only if they pay retail) to know that they have 100% support, and have a unit that's guaranteed to work without a single issue. The GB is cheaper, and it'll work for sure. I guess that's all I have to say for now to that matter.

Outer... This will not effect long term and short term fuel trims. All this unit does is makes the ECU think it's running a different AFR than what it is. Because of that, the ECU isn't adjusting trying to fight a different air fuel signal.

It will work fine with a Unichip. The tune I have runs 3psi at about 13.2-13.6 depending on RPMS. I can get on it and make about 7-8 psi at 50-60% throttle and run a 12.5 AFR and hold that AFR steady.

Let me know if you guys need any other questions answered and I'll do what I can. Thanks guys.
Old 10-27-2006, 02:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

It will work fine with a Unichip. The tune I have runs 3psi at about 13.2-13.6 depending on RPMS. I can get on it and make about 7-8 psi at 50-60% throttle and run a 12.5 AFR and hold that AFR steady.

Let me know if you guys need any other questions answered and I'll do what I can. Thanks guys.

This sounds like something I need. Put me down on the GB list Joe, I'm in. Maybe 2 of them cause my little brother may want one for his tC as well. I'll keep you posted on his. I'm on the GB list for sure. I'll get you the money asap.
Old 10-27-2006, 03:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

There is no negative side affects from this box. To answer your question rythmn, it doesn't modify your idle, because we tune it not to. We don't want people idling at 12.0 AFR because of a turbo. The turbo doesn't do a single thing at idle so why fix a good tune? This unit simply allows you to put down 10%, 20%, 40%, 60% throttle etc without worrying about running too lean. URD uses a split second hardware system, as do we. I don't know which one will work exactly from URD, but I have the chip that works with our car from Split Second. Rythmn, feel free to try the URD and post your results. We're working directly with split second so that's all I see. With the group buy prices, it's cheaper than URD anyway (also includes shipping), and it's guaranteed to work. We spent some time tweaking a tune to get it to run the way we want it to. I think a lot of customers and SL members on this side would rather pay a little more (only if they pay retail) to know that they have 100% support, and have a unit that's guaranteed to work without a single issue. The GB is cheaper, and it'll work for sure. I guess that's all I have to say for now to that matter.

Outer... This will not effect long term and short term fuel trims. All this unit does is makes the ECU think it's running a different AFR than what it is. Because of that, the ECU isn't adjusting trying to fight a different air fuel signal.

The pricing was just a secondary thought, I am more interested in finding out what the differences between the two units are. Are they designed to do the same thing? This is the first I have heard of such a module, so I'm trying to gather as much information about this as I can. Besides URD, who else has this type of device? It sounds very neat, and beneficial.

Second part. What would you say the learning curve is when it comes to the software? Is it on the same level of tunning as say the Emanage? You provide the software to tune it with. Any idea who the made the software?

PS...sorry in advance for so many questions, but you have my attention. I would also like to see pics of the unit and/or the software. Oh, and when does the GB end?
Old 10-27-2006, 03:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think you are incorrect in saying it will not effect short term fuel trims because short term fuel trims are directly related to the o2 sensor reading. Anyways thanks for answering all my questions and now is the time to start diggin for some extra cash.
Old 10-27-2006, 04:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

add me to the group buy too Joe, maybe I can check out the ride sometime and see this EMS in the works.
Old 10-27-2006, 02:38 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

The pricing was just a secondary thought, I am more interested in finding out what the differences between the two units are. Are they designed to do the same thing? This is the first I have heard of such a module, so I'm trying to gather as much information about this as I can. Besides URD, who else has this type of device? It sounds very neat, and beneficial.

Second part. What would you say the learning curve is when it comes to the software? Is it on the same level of tunning as say the Emanage? You provide the software to tune it with. Any idea who the made the software?

PS...sorry in advance for so many questions, but you have my attention. I would also like to see pics of the unit and/or the software. Oh, and when does the GB end?
The UDR box is exclusive to them, and if you want more details on it, I suggest contacting UDR. Our box, as Joe stated, is from Split Second directly and they make about 30 of these different boxes that do almost all the same things. So needless to say, like a needle in a hay stack, we located the correct module to be used in conjunction.

The software is provided with the unit for the user to fine tune the system even more, and it is similar to the E-manage. It does require some use to get used to for sure.
Old 10-27-2006, 02:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I am also guessing this has a built in MAP sensor correct?? Does this also have a MAP sensor output by any chance??

Quick Reply: Dezod EMS - Updated 12/16 - ALL HAVE BEEN SHIPPED