Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Dezod EMS - Updated 12/16 - ALL HAVE BEEN SHIPPED

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 12:39 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

I am pretty sure if programmed right, this CAN work on it's own, but will be 100%? We do not know.
Old 11-03-2006, 12:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

now that would save some of those people without engine management some headaches if that was possible
Old 11-03-2006, 01:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It shouldn't honestly change too much at WOT. The problem is that the ECU map is fixed at WOT. It only uses the MAF to alter your air fuel ratios, not the o2 sensor. This box alters your o2 reading, which is what needs to be done for partial throttle.
Old 11-11-2006, 06:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I guess i really should jump on this. just wish there was a video id love to see what your a/f looks like in partial throttle.
Old 11-12-2006, 05:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I slacked on the pics so I need to get on that. The one night I had 5 minutes to snap them, my camera was dead.

I'll try to do vids on Tuesday, and pics will be up by monday night. Sorry bout all that guys!
Old 11-13-2006, 12:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey Joe i understand, you guys are alway ontop of your stuff but we all have busy lives i know mine goes by at the speed of light, Just the same i will order the closed loop box on wensday because all your products and all my dealings with your guys to this point have been fantastic. Hey Joe off topic question for you what tires are you using on the street? Because im trying to figure out what tires im getting my Toyo Proxes roast in 1st, 2nd gear no mater what i do i can feather the throttle a bit and get some traction in 2nd but its still anoying. Thanks
Old 11-13-2006, 01:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by cdp1279
Hey Joe i understand, you guys are alway ontop of your stuff but we all have busy lives i know mine goes by at the speed of light, Just the same i will order the closed loop box on wensday because all your products and all my dealings with your guys to this point have been fantastic. Hey Joe off topic question for you what tires are you using on the street? Because im trying to figure out what tires im getting my Toyo Proxes roast in 1st, 2nd gear no mater what i do i can feather the throttle a bit and get some traction in 2nd but its still anoying. Thanks
Hey, were you up on DPA friday night and get pulled over??
Old 11-13-2006, 09:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

you're prolly going to have to steer away from all seasons. michlen pilot PS2's are ok for some seasonal weather i believe (i'd have to check at work tomorrow to be sure). but they are expensive and seem to wear fairly fast.
Old 11-14-2006, 03:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yes that was my dumb ___ on DPA Getting pulled over

No ticket so its all good he wanted to give me unsafe start cause i stomped on it in second and all he heard was tires screamin.
Old 11-14-2006, 05:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

yes that was my dumb butt on DPA Getting pulled over

No ticket so its all good he wanted to give me unsafe start cause i stomped on it in second and all he heard was tires screamin.
lol....I heard the tires and then saw the lights and was like...dam hope they dont mess with him bad
Old 11-14-2006, 05:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've honestly always liked my Parade Spec 2s. For what's out their right night I'd say a sticky set of Falkens may be your best bet.
Old 11-15-2006, 03:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Yo, Dezod. One question? Would a thinner Head Gasket for higher compression would be good on our cars? If so, would you make em? If so, how much money would we be talking about?
Old 11-15-2006, 05:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I do not reccommend going through with that method. You can pose clearance issues by doing that. Higher compression pistons would be the smarter thing to do.

I know it'd be under 200 but we wouldn't be willing to chance a product of that nature. Someone may, and kudos for trying it lol
Old 11-15-2006, 02:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Well, I was also thinking about the clerance issue. But since I have seen u guys have opened up some motors, I thought u would recommend at least a little more thinner one. Cause u would know the same limit of a thinner gasket. Do you at least know if it would be safe to a certain spec?
Bump for this question for Dezod.
Old 11-18-2006, 09:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Bump
Old 11-19-2006, 09:13 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

on the 4 wire hook up. The wire you need to recieve an AFR signal, can us guy with the AEM UEGO use the datalink wire, the blue wire, as this source?
Old 11-19-2006, 11:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Or one fo the wires of the AEM Wideband, the white or gray bluish one?
Old 11-20-2006, 06:11 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by Prototype_xB
on the 4 wire hook up. The wire you need to recieve an AFR signal, can us guy with the AEM UEGO use the datalink wire, the blue wire, as this source?
That is a good question. I would feel more comfortable going off of the stock O2 because that is the IMPORTANT signal with a piggyback. The stock ECU does not even know the UEGO even exists. So, to be safe, reference the stock one. You are more than welcome to reference the AEM, and report back though.
Old 11-20-2006, 06:14 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by soros151
Yo, Dezod. One question? Would a thinner Head Gasket for higher compression would be good on our cars? If so, would you make em? If so, how much money would we be talking about?
Higher compression on a boosted cars means much more tuning attention on pump gas. It is possible, I do know plenty of people running 10.5:1 CR on a boosted car. They can just run less pump gas than others with lower compression.

The HG is a band-aid for using a higher compression piston. --FYI
Old 11-20-2006, 06:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by paul_dezod
Originally Posted by soros151
Higher compression on a boosted cars means much more tuning attention on pump gas. It is possible, I do know plenty of people running 10.5:1 CR on a boosted car. They can just run less pump gas than others with lower compression.

The HG is a band-aid for using a higher compression piston. --FYI
I'm not boosted, I'm N/A. I was wondering what would be a good measurement of the stock head gasket and a good aftermarket one.

Quick Reply: Dezod EMS - Updated 12/16 - ALL HAVE BEEN SHIPPED