Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

As Dezod grows, some cars must go...

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 04:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default As Dezod grows, some cars must go...

That being said, the Dezod tC is being parted out. I am VERY happy with what we have accomplished with the platform so far. We have enough partnerships and sponserships (including companies, race teams, and customers) that progress will continue. We still plan on making the same, if not MORE progress than before. It's time for us to tap into additional markets. The tC guys we have here are great and we wouldn't be the same without you all. I'm looking forward to staying on these boards and chiming in with my 2 cents of course! The tC's will still get the stand-alone systems we've been working on, so fret not guys!

As for myself. We have a lot of plans ahead for the expanding team at Dezod Motorsports. I will be opening a web store and future retail store names Dezod West. This will in no way affect Dezod Motorsports. We are spreading out to better suit the expanding platforms we've been working on, and plan to work on.

I am currently picking up a nice new toy to start getting into. There are some MAJOR toys coming in early spring of 2008 (I'm sure some already know about what car I ordered).

If you guys have questions or concerns please express them here. Thanks again guys!

BTW - This is not a "for sale" post. The sale is not something I want to talk about on this post. If you guys have questions regarding parts, please PM me. For this thread, feel free to voice your opionion on all of this.

Thanks again for everyone's support! I look forward to continue working with Scion owners and still plan on going to the local Scion meets here in AZ.
Old 03-12-2007, 04:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

It's sad to see you guys let the dezod tC go but I can't wait to see what you guys have planned ahead. Best of luck in getting the most for your parts and I look forward to your projects in the future.
Old 03-12-2007, 04:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

everybody selling there tcs whats going on dam, i been actually thhinking of selling my turbo tc toooo, and put a nice downpayment on a new 6 speed evo.
Old 03-12-2007, 04:18 AM
5 Year Member
Marvelous Scions
SL Member

Just wanted to say it's been great, you guys have done wonders with the tC and we all thank you for that. I wish you guys the best of luck #1 in my book good luck to all of you guys at Dezod Motorsports.
Old 03-12-2007, 03:36 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Byta27
everybody selling there tcs whats going on dam, i been actually thhinking of selling my turbo tc toooo, and put a nice downpayment on a new 6 speed evo.
I myself am alittle concern on this too, everybody goes boost, then months later everybody sells their cars. Hmmmmm

I am about to go Dezod boost really soon, is there something that we tC owners do not know ?

Old 03-12-2007, 03:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by Kumitsu
Originally Posted by Byta27
I myself am alittle concern on this too, everybody goes boost, then months later everybody sells their cars. Hmmmmm

I am about to go Dezod boost really soon, is there something that we tC owners do not know ?

There is nothing to know extra. If you have a bunch of money and want to dump it into a car ....there are higher priced cars out there. People are dumping their hooked up turbo tcs because they can. Someone that mods their tC hard will spend 1/2 the price as a luxury car modding or a real sports car modding. Eventhough 1k here ..1k there ... sounds a lot ....when your talking about modding its not.
Old 03-12-2007, 04:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I experienced it when I turbo'd my xB...the car will never drive like it did stock while boosted unless you get yourself a standalone...although that black box by Dezod does seem promising and will help get rid of some of those n/a boost bugs
Old 03-12-2007, 04:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I too was in this dilemna, should I turbo or buy an upgrade? the thing I hate to see is so many TC being driven by middle aged women that don't care about their car, I mean, I'm not really going to stand out from the crowd until I punch it on my soon to be turbo TC. Going rate for a trubo is approx 5G's. That some serious money to put on a semi used upgrade. I don't know, with companies like Dezod moving on makes me want to move along with them, we shall see.
Old 03-12-2007, 04:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

also, a lot of people that boost an n/a vehicle dont realize all the underlying costs there are and eventually you get sick and tired of dumping money when you realize you could have just got a potentially quick/more luxurious car to begin with...I spent a decent amount of money on my tC when I had it, I boosted it with the supercharger because it was designed by toyota for the car and I knew the car would run like it came from the factory with the blower. With that said, theres no reasonable amount of money that I could have dropped on my tC that would have brought it up to the level that my Acura TSX is at...it has everything I need: Luxuary/refinement, loaded with standard features (such as bluetooth,leather, heated seats, in dash 6 disc and XM/Aux input, heated mirrors/seats,auto dim mirror, projector headlights w/HIDs etc), decently quick, sporty handling, and the look of a $40k+ car...theres only 2 of the above mentioned qualities that would fit the bill of a tC.
Old 03-12-2007, 04:30 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by N-Dawg
I too was in this dilemna, should I turbo or buy an upgrade? the thing I hate to see is so many TC being driven by middle aged women that don't care about their car, I mean, I'm not really going to stand out from the crowd until I punch it on my soon to be turbo TC. Going rate for a trubo is approx 5G's. That some serious money to put on a semi used upgrade. I don't know, with companies like Dezod moving on makes me want to move along with them, we shall see.
Well we will continue to support this avenue, provide awesome innovative products AND continue to offer the highest quality turbo systems on the market for your tC. No worries!!!
Old 03-12-2007, 05:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks Paul.
Old 03-12-2007, 05:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Simplyscion
I experienced it when I turbo'd my xB...the car will never drive like it did stock while boosted unless you get yourself a standalone...although that black box by Dezod does seem promising and will help get rid of some of those n/a boost bugs

This is true. If you're willing to spend the money and do things right, you'll have just as good of a car as higher class cars. It may even be better for people like me who take pride in having a moddified car. Hopefully I'll feel the same way about these things in a years time.
Old 03-12-2007, 06:27 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by paul_dezod
Originally Posted by N-Dawg
Well we will continue to support this avenue, provide awesome innovative products AND continue to offer the highest quality turbo systems on the market for your tC. No worries!!!
thanks alot man. I just hope you will stick around as you always have'd.
Old 03-12-2007, 06:31 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Joe
So what car are you picking up? Supra?
Old 03-12-2007, 06:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Explain how Dezod is going to grow? What are your expectations? What kind of car are you going to get (you hinted that we might already know which)?
Old 03-12-2007, 06:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by celix
Joe
That was my guess but im having doubts because they seem like they are into lower priced cars that are made to produce big numbers. ....but hopefully im wrong. Ide like to see a good comany hook up a bad azz car.
Old 03-12-2007, 06:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I think i know what it is
Old 03-12-2007, 06:57 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by jwaggz82
Originally Posted by celix
Joe
That was my guess but im having doubts because they seem like they are into lower priced cars that are made to produce big numbers. ....but hopefully im wrong. Ide like to see a good comany hook up a bad azz car.
Not necessarily. The 07 outlook includes some decently priced vehciles, excluding the Yaris, for:

EVO 9
IS300
Yaris
Silverado
Trailblazer SS

Stay tuned!
Old 03-12-2007, 07:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dezod aint going no where!!!!! few tricks up the sleeves youll see very soon!!!

=)
Old 03-12-2007, 07:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Hey Paul, I thought I remember Joe mentioning going the Nismo route...you know, check out that beautiful city Skyline

Quick Reply: As Dezod grows, some cars must go...