Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

DEZOD MOTORSPORTS: ALPHA SERIES V-band Manifold Installed (Page 21)

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 03:58 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
The last part about the turbo and other company offerings I didn't bother to comment on as it really wasn't much said that was relevant to what I'm talking about. I did get a sense though that you had the approach that this was the only way to make big power cause a full kit for big power was not available or can't be made, when there is a kit available that's fully inclusive that has been proven to make big power already.

Again, we have but one choice to make a comparison with. All I've done was try and rationalize why you would take this route vs the other. Only reason I've come up with is that you just want to adventure in creating it. That's all.

Got to get back to work, but thanks a bunch for letting me pick your brain in trying to understand more about why Dezod has chosen this route for better or worse.
No worries man.

With respect to the comment in bold, which you edited, I am not going to comment on other's doings. I can only point out ours and what we stand for. I can not tell you that something is not red if your mind is set that it is.

Again, thanks for your time Trav. Enjoy those little ones. SEND ME YOUR ADDRESS
Old 12-15-2010, 03:59 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by crush02342002
components prolly will support 400+ but depending on the turbo the customer chose to begine with may not.

this is just my thinking and yeah i could be way off on this but
s1=350-400hp (given a few variables) (limited by turbo choice)
alpha= 400-500 (gt35r will support up to 600) (limited by s1 gear)

the big difference is going to be effeciency= more heat is generated trying to compress enough air to make 400hp with the spec turbo than gt35r.
less boost is needed to make target hp with 35r.
potentialy gain 100hp or more upgrading to alpha.

imho charge pipes are cheaper and easy to make.
I gurantee that i can spend much less than 400 bux for a new intercooler and charge pipes. (and thats if i have someone do it for me!)

so here goes...take the price of the alpha kit 3350 then tach on 400=3750

so spend 3750 and have the ability to make 600hp
other kits cost 4700 (with 4700 you only get a t3/t4 tubo, not a gt35r)....thats a savings of over a grand...

you know what a grand would buy me? return fuel system perhaps...maybe an ic sprayer....drag slicks....list goes on.
Chris, thanks for your insight. It's much appreciated. I do thank you for your comments and interjections as well as your continued business. I am sending you a small gift free too.
Old 12-15-2010, 03:59 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

crap im glad i dont have to deal with baby food anymore...ish will make ya gag..lol
im not gonna lie either about the diapers...that took some getting used too..then again she always changed up the "suprise" so I never got fully used to it...just delt with it..lol

trav hows the kiddo anyways mang
Old 12-15-2010, 04:01 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

crap im glad i dont have to deal with baby food anymore...ish will make ya gag..lol
im not gonna lie either about the diapers...that took some getting used too..then again she always changed up the "suprise" so I never got fully used to it...just delt with it..lol

trav hows the kiddo anyways mang
Her food is not bad by any means because I know what it is and where it came from. I take the same fruits, veggies and meats I eat and process them into a paste that she eats. So, I know exactly what it tastes like and so does she.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:05 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

its all good paul...im kinda liking this though...I wanna talk about the math of it all ya know...its been a while since we really got into pipe diameters and turbo sizing. turbo flow capabilities, yadda yadda yadda. all this made me look at some of the math thats involved.

fact is when you start getting into high hp you really have to learn how to do some of this stuff for yourself and that includes crunching numbers. Honestly i hate math but if it involves turbo's, im all in.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:06 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by paul_dezod
Her food is not bad by any means because I know what it is and where it came from. I take the same fruits, veggies and meats I eat and process them into a paste that she eats. So, I know exactly what it tastes like and so does she.

yeah it would make it less nasty if you know what the hell it is in the first place...lmao
Old 12-15-2010, 04:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

components prolly will support 400+ but depending on the turbo the customer chose to begine with may not.

this is just my thinking and yeah i could be way off on this but
s1=350-400hp (given a few variables) (limited by turbo choice)
alpha= 400-500 (gt35r will support up to 600) (limited by s1 gear)

the big difference is going to be effeciency= more heat is generated trying to compress enough air to make 400hp with the spec turbo than gt35r.
less boost is needed to make target hp with 35r.
potentialy gain 100hp or more upgrading to alpha.

imho charge pipes are cheaper and easy to make.
I gurantee that i can spend much less than 400 bux for a new intercooler and charge pipes. (and thats if i have someone do it for me!)

so here goes...take the price of the alpha kit 3350 then tach on 400=3750

so spend 3750 and have the ability to make 600hp
other kits cost 4700 (with 4700 you only get a t3/t4 tubo, not a gt35r)....thats a savings of over a grand...

you know what a grand would buy me? return fuel system perhaps...maybe an ic sprayer....drag slicks....list goes on.

Good follow up. There is the possibility of coming out cheaper in the long haul if both goals are 600whp. That kinda goes along the lines of what I have spoken already, that it would be better suited for someone who started off with an Alpha setup, rather than someone trying to upgrade from an entry kit. As there is no getting around spending the money twice if you started with an entry kit, don't matter what company you are going with for your 600 goals.

However, 400 bucks for piping and an intercooler capable of supporting 600hp? Hmmm...I would have to do some more research into that, but from what I gather, an fmic capable of supporting that power would cost more than 400 bucks by itself.

In the end, when you go about trying to duplicate what is already offered in the already available setups (i.e. quality of fit and finish, efficiency of the setup)...I think you would have spent enough money to equate to the same as if you would have purchased what is available already. If you are content with bare metal looking pipes or used equipment, than sure you can make that savings. Just saying if you were to try and duplicate what's available and build it with the Alpha, you are not going to be saving anything if you put the same detail into your build. It would be the thrill of creating/building, which isn't a bad thing, just looking at it for what it is.

There just isn't enough info yet to fully lean one way or the other in terms of pricing as there isn't a detailed spec build sheet and cost associated by an Alpha customer who has a running setup. When someone post up then we can see in detail the cost and labor associated with bringing the components together to compete with the competitors.
Old 12-15-2010, 05:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

I GOT IT!!!!!

It wasn't until just now that I realized what it's comparable to. I have debates with people all the time who argue about modding a lower grade/economy car (i.e. tC) vs buying a predestined to perform vehicle from the factory (i.e. Evo, STI...etc).

I am a fan of modding things to perform beyond what they were envisioned to do from the factory. However, I don't fault anyone from buying an Evo or higher end car to start with. No one route chosen is better or worse than the other, just one requires more work to bring it up to performance status (building it up). This is the SAME situation....HAHAA! Just dawned on me. Alpha route is like buying a low end car (not low end in terms of quality, just that you have to build it up and do more work) and turning it into a worthy contender, and the potentially more expensive setup is like the Evo that already performs out the box. I enjoy building things, but I wouldn't turn down the thought of owning an Evo.

It's a weird example possibly, but it clears things up more for me anyway...
Old 12-15-2010, 05:41 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

I GOT IT!!!!!

It wasn't until just now that I realized what it's comparable to. I have debates with people all the time who argue about modding a lower grade/economy car (i.e. tC) vs buying a predestined to perform vehicle from the factory (i.e. Evo, STI...etc).

I am a fan of modding things to perform beyond what they were envisioned to do from the factory. However, I don't fault anyone from buying an Evo or higher end car to start with. No one route chosen is better or worse than the other, just one requires more work to bring it up to performance status (building it up). This is the SAME situation....HAHAA! Just dawned on me. Alpha route is like buying a low end car (not low end in terms of quality, just that you have to build it up and do more work) and turning it into a worthy contender, and the potentially more expensive setup is like the Evo that already performs out the box. I enjoy building things, but I wouldn't turn down the thought of owning an Evo.

I agree with you and fully endorse this comment...seriously i agree with you 100%.

as far as the intercooler goes its really up to the brand and size (atleast a 20x11x3 core for 600hp). if going with a garrett core your gonna spend an arm and a leg but your gonna have a damn good intercooler. However mishimoto has an intercooler thats similar in core size (bit larger) thats $204 plus shipping http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/part...s/M_Line/15204. iv used the mish intercooler and its been ok...I just dont like the painted ones after mine flaked off on the end tanks. But anyways the choice is yours really, there are lots and i mean lots to chose from.

Last edited by crush02342002; 12-15-2010 at 05:55 PM.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:12 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

I GOT IT!!!!!

Yeah I guess. It's like pumping $10K into a Civic vs starting with a $30K EVO. At the end of the day, you're both making power.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow, I missed some stuff. But anyway Paul, a customer of ours I'm pretty sure is getting the Alpha kit. I dont think we are installing the kit, however we are building the engine and tuning it. In a couple months when he gets back from overseas, and It's all buttoned up I'll send over some pictures.

Dezod FTW.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:26 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by bdis3
Wow, I missed some stuff. But anyway Paul, a customer of ours I'm pretty sure is getting the Alpha kit. I dont think we are installing the kit, however we are building the engine and tuning it. In a couple months when he gets back from overseas, and It's all buttoned up I'll send over some pictures.

Dezod FTW.
Awesome Brian. Thanks for the kind words my man.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bdis3

Dezod FTW.
to bad forums dont have like buttons as facebook does. haha bry wat photos do you have that i dont see?
Old 12-16-2010, 11:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by speedintc
to bad forums dont have like buttons as facebook does. haha bry wat photos do you have that i dont see?
I dont have any. I'm saying when your car is done I'll send some picture over.
Old 12-21-2010, 12:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The Alpha Series bang for the buck to make big power is the way to go!!! I am currently building a New full race motor here at VTR and will be putting the alpha series back to work OF COURSE!!!!! We are matching the ports of the head to the ports of the manifold and so on, I will be pushing this kit harder than most probably any one ever will and have NO worries at all that it will pull through with what I know it will do. With the Reliability of Dezod over the past and present putting out quality products time and time again!!!

For you guys that dont know what my setup consits of here is the list, Dezod Alpha series tuner parts, ASR motorsports intercooler pipes, ASR motorsports Intercooler, ASR motorsports Alpha series "Race" 4" Turbo Inlet, Dezod Fuel return fuel system with Aeromotive 1:1FPR and Walbro 255 pump, RC Enginering 1000cc Peak and Hold injectors, Hydra Nemessis Standalone, Custom CP pistons, Custom Carillo rods, Ferrara valve train, VTR "Race" ported and Polished Head, ACL Race bearings, yea and No balance shafts.

Dezod Alpha series hard at work!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1r8py_VfJA

Last edited by bluesciontc; 12-21-2010 at 01:15 AM.
Old 12-21-2010, 11:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

did you put your breaks on while on the dyno?
Old 12-21-2010, 03:53 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Thanks Steve for the kind words.

Nice vid! What did she make there? Pic of the graph?
Old 12-21-2010, 03:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

in for numbers and graphs
Old 12-21-2010, 04:00 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ace83
in for numbers and graphs
I guess reading > us. LOL

I saw this posted with the video:

"This is the Dezod Alpha series turbo hard at work!! 20 PSI 423 WHP Before we messed with the variable valve timing."
Old 12-21-2010, 06:41 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by paul_dezod
Yeah I guess. It's like pumping $10K into a Civic vs starting with a $30K EVO. At the end of the day, you're both making power.
definiately agree! plus its easier/cheaper to find parts for lower priced cars as well

Quick Reply: DEZOD MOTORSPORTS: ALPHA SERIES V-band Manifold Installed (Page 21)