Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Dezod S1 turbo kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 05:27 AM
5 Year Member

Default Dezod S1 turbo kit

Hi im knew to forced induction and am going to buy a dezod S1 turbo kit for my 07 scion tc auto and heard of a TPS switch that i could buy. Paul at dezod said to ask on scion life. any ideas on where to purchase one? and how to install it?heard it could drain my battery.
Old 05-22-2009, 01:38 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Default Re: Dezod S1 turbo kit

Originally Posted by chocoturbotc
Hi im knew to forced induction and am going to buy a dezod S1 turbo kit for my 07 scion tc auto and heard of a TPS switch that i could buy. Paul at dezod said to ask on scion life. any ideas on where to purchase one? and how to install it?heard it could drain my battery.
I don't recall speaking to you. Possibly you spoke to Don. He has been handling a majority of the calls lately as I was out of the office for sometime and in and out of meetings.

If you have an auto and the FIC, you may run into some battery drain issues with the FIC. The TPS has, on some tC apps, kept the DBW on while the vehicle was off with the AEM FIC. Is this what you are referring to?
Old 05-22-2009, 11:38 PM
5 Year Member

Default Re: Dezod S1 turbo kit

Originally Posted by paul_dezod
I don't recall speaking to you. Possibly you spoke to Don. He has been handling a majority of the calls lately as I was out of the office for sometime and in and out of meetings.

If you have an auto and the FIC, you may run into some battery drain issues with the FIC. The TPS has, on some tC apps, kept the DBW on while the vehicle was off with the AEM FIC. Is this what you are referring to?
Yes, thats exactly what i was refferring to. any ideas on how to fix that? and thx for the feedback paul! would appreciate any help.
Old 05-23-2009, 12:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've also had problems with dezod. I was sent greddy blue for my auto. Instead of aem fic. The greddy blue cause nothing but issues such as failure to start. Flodding plugs. Hesitation and stalling. When confronted about the issue I was told "we've sold thousands of these units and didn't have an issue. You need to take it up with greddy" so I pretty much got a ____ty emanage and now I have to pay out of pocket for an emanage ultimate or aem. Although I've already paid for my emanage when I purchased this kit. The kit is awesome. Its amazing. Everything went well besides the emanage issue.
Old 05-23-2009, 12:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sounds more like a pretty ____ty tune to me.
Old 05-24-2009, 03:13 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by SteveTC_RS_4-0
I've also had problems with dezod. I was sent greddy blue for my auto. Instead of aem fic. The greddy blue cause nothing but issues such as failure to start. Flodding plugs. Hesitation and stalling. When confronted about the issue I was told "we've sold thousands of these units and didn't have an issue. You need to take it up with greddy" so I pretty much got a ____ty emanage and now I have to pay out of pocket for an emanage ultimate or aem. Although I've already paid for my emanage when I purchased this kit. The kit is awesome. Its amazing. Everything went well besides the emanage issue.
Our default ems with the auto kits is an e-manage due to the fact of the TPS remaining active on the autos with the AEM FIC. That is why you have an e-manage in your auto kit.

Secondly, if it fails to start, you may have either an incorrect jumper inside the e-manage, a sloppy tune, vac leak OR some bad plugs. The other issues you're describing are merely tuning related. So, you need to get a professional tune and most, if not all of these issues will disappear.

Originally Posted by paul_dezod

Yes, thats exactly what i was refferring to. any ideas on how to fix that? and thx for the feedback paul! would appreciate any help.
You can attempt to wire in a relay that switches the TPS wire active when the ignition is hot. This has worked for some.
Old 05-27-2009, 07:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default yea

its whatever
Old 05-27-2009, 08:09 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by SteveTC_RS_4-0

We used brand new out of the box top of the line plugs with the greddy blue and the car would not start,and it further more flooded the plugs.

As soon as we replaced the plugs (with the same brand) and pluged in the greddy ultimate The car started right away..And ran fine.

So all in all, i had to buy a new emanage (ultimate) and a new pnp harness, while im out $800 and the greddy blue is collecting dust. Like i said, the issue wasnt with dezod products. It was the customer service, i should have been able to return the blue and get a refund. It was defected,but the only answer i got was "contact greddy"

Dezods products are amazing. The kit fits perfect, the turbo spools like a monster.The car runs great, and im very happy i decided to go with dezod. I am unhappy with the customer service
Again Steve, you are not comparing apples to oranges here. If the e-manage Blue had a poor tune, and the Ultimate had an excellent tune on it you would experience the exact same deal. Simple as that! So saying that the blue was the cause of it is kind of completely inaccurate in that sense and not depicting the entire story.

Secondly, the maps from the Blue to the Ultimate are different file extensions therefore, they had to be different maps, which further concludes my previous statements. Again, I am not trying to be confrontational, side with GReddy or anything, but I have been down this road before with a few customers.

Lastly, if indeed the box was defective, which is always a possibility, you would have to initiate a claim with GReddy on your end, then send it to the authorized dealer (us) when you receive a claim number from them. We do not make up that process. Each and every manufacturer has channels for warranty and we all must follow them. I apologize if it came off brash or harsh or even rude, but the truth of the matter lies in how they want us to do things. This policy is mandated by GReddy, not us. Again, I apologize if this all came across incorrectly.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I was the one you dealt with on the phone when you called checking up on the shop you were dealing with.

I am not sure what they told you, however, I personally sent a warranty claim number to them. They were to send the unit into greddy for warranty inspection to determine if the unit was faulty or if it was a problem else where.

What was greddys findings? Was the unit ever sent in at all?
Old 05-27-2009, 08:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

steve!! the jumper settings on your blue are probably wrong! dezod has a diagram on thre site showing you the correct jumper settings and as for staling and your other problems is the tune! i had the same problems with the blue when i had it and it was corected by a better tune and the jumper settings!
Old 05-27-2009, 08:50 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by m6ar2cel6oTC
steve!! the jumper settings on your blue are probably wrong! dezod has a diagram on thre site showing you the correct jumper settings and as for staling and your other problems is the tune! i had the same problems with the blue when i had it and it was corected by a better tune and the jumper settings!
Yes I had informed the shop he was dealing of that, but they insisted they had done it correctly.
Old 05-27-2009, 09:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well if another shop cant accept help well then they will be hurting in the long wrong. cause no one is perfect. and no one knows every single thing in the world!
Old 05-27-2009, 11:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

greddy blue sucks anyway, ull be alot happier with the ultimate.. be happy.
Old 05-28-2009, 04:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

arent you better off going with the AEM instead of the eman blue?
Old 05-28-2009, 04:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

go standalone....done
Old 05-28-2009, 04:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
OhioScions
SL Member

Originally Posted by jwaggz82
arent you better off going with the AEM instead of the eman blue?
X2
Old 05-28-2009, 05:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Does anyone have an answer for the OP question?

I have a buddy in the same boat as him and a switch would work awesome

Bump!
Old 05-28-2009, 01:32 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by NVMyTc
Does anyone have an answer for the OP question?

I have a buddy in the same boat as him and a switch would work awesome

Bump!
You can wire a relay to be ignition hot into the TPS wire on the AEM FIC. That worked on a few apps.
Old 05-28-2009, 04:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
OhioScions
SL Member

^ is their any diy on that?
Old 06-26-2011, 03:46 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

anyone figure anything out on this?? i was thinking i could just cut into the TPS power wire and run it to a MOMENTARY OFF type switch, so when i shut it off i just push the button. anyone know what wire is the power source on the tps harness??