Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Dezod Stage 1 Turbo Kit Questions...

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 07:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This is the kit Ive finally decided on. Hope to be able to order it in a few months. Im gonna go with the exhaust too! I have a question about the exhaust if thats ok? The one with the sound chamber... does exhaust come out of there as well? I want to know for like morning starts in winter. Will I see all of this smoke coming out the back of my car rather than just the tip?
Old 06-16-2006, 07:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The Dezod Stage 1. Well proof is in the pudding. It's probably one of the best, if not the best kit OFF THE SHELF that you can buy. This kit was built around the tC. It just wasn't "thrown" together. (not bagging on the other kits) A lot of hardwork went into making that kit and you can clearly tell by the end result! So I think you would be pretty well safe if you went with their kit. Plus you know a couple of Dezod owners personally away from the boards ...

Where to even start with Dezod Motorsports in itself... Well...

Best customer service I have ever dealt with in my life. Even put my old shop back in Pittsburgh to shame (and I worked for them). Paul I think has been very helpful throughout everyones install (not even his kits). He is a very knowledgeable guy, he knows his ish. Which is why I have been a returning customer to Dezod. I will gladly fork over my money anytime to this guy on products for my car.

Modified Magazine.... Enough Said (soon to be another issue as well).

Dezod is BIG and its going to get even BIGGER, so big its going to become a household name... IMHO
Old 06-16-2006, 07:26 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by BlkSandPrlTurbotC
The Dezod Stage 1. Well proof is in the pudding. It's probably one of the best, if not the best kit OFF THE SHELF that you can buy. This kit was built around the tC. It just wasn't "thrown" together. (not bagging on the other kits) A lot of hardwork went into making that kit and you can clearly tell by the end result! So I think you would be pretty well safe if you went with their kit. Plus you know a couple of Dezod owners personally away from the boards ...

Where to even start with Dezod Motorsports in itself... Well...

Best customer service I have ever dealt with in my life. Even put my old shop back in Pittsburgh to shame (and I worked for them). Paul I think has been very helpful throughout everyones install (not even his kits). He is a very knowledgeable guy, he knows his ish. Which is why I have been a returning customer to Dezod. I will gladly fork over my money anytime to this guy on products for my car.

Modified Magazine.... Enough Said (soon to be another issue as well).

Dezod is BIG and its going to get even BIGGER, so big its going to become a household name... IMHO
Thanks for the kind words sir!

Originally Posted by XD40tC
This is the kit Ive finally decided on. Hope to be able to order it in a few months. Im gonna go with the exhaust too! I have a question about the exhaust if thats ok? The one with the sound chamber... does exhaust come out of there as well? I want to know for like morning starts in winter. Will I see all of this smoke coming out the back of my car rather than just the tip?
Nope. The 2nd chamber is sealed for sound purposes. We had it tested with the 2nd chamber open and it was nasty sounding IMHO. So, we went with the sealing the chamber which tapered the sound levels immensly. I hope this answers your question.

Here is a short pic of Joe's Tip.
Old 06-16-2006, 07:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Cool I was hoping it was sealed. That answers my question perfectly, thanks! I'll be getting your kit in no time and hopefully I can become the 2nd auto tC with your name under the hood. I plan to go with the open dump but will you guys be able to supply a tube to redirect gases?
Old 06-16-2006, 07:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

well until someone chimes in with somethin negative to say, this will be the kit for me then....

thanks for the tips paul!
Old 06-16-2006, 09:30 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by XD40tC
Cool I was hoping it was sealed. That answers my question perfectly, thanks! I'll be getting your kit in no time and hopefully I can become the 2nd auto tC with your name under the hood. I plan to go with the open dump but will you guys be able to supply a tube to redirect gases?
Dump tubes are not provided, sorry. We can supply you with a flange, but you will need to snag (I think) 1 5/8" tubing.
Old 06-17-2006, 12:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

i was wondering paul if you can give me any info about your upgrade for the turbo kit since it's not available yet on the website
Old 06-17-2006, 12:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

does the dezod stage 1 auto throw a cel?
Old 06-17-2006, 03:12 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by BuddhasTC
i was wondering paul if you can give me any info about your upgrade for the turbo kit since it's not available yet on the website
The S2?
Old 06-17-2006, 03:12 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by mike6789k
If you do not elect a cat on the downpipe it will.
Old 06-17-2006, 03:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by paul_dezod
Originally Posted by mike6789k
If you do not elect a cat on the downpipe it will.
but the dpipe comes with a cat, right?
Old 06-17-2006, 03:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's an upgrade available when you buy our kit. The increase in price is only $45 more.
Old 06-17-2006, 03:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Joe_Dezod
It's an upgrade available when you buy our kit. The increase in price is only $45 more.
ah, well worth it then! (will this kit pass smog test then?)
Old 06-17-2006, 03:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes it wil. Never threw one CEL when I tested the cat on the car. And we only gained about 4whp when we removed the car so it's not restrictive at all.
Old 06-17-2006, 03:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Good to know..
Old 06-17-2006, 05:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

yes Paul, the S2 please
Old 06-17-2006, 05:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

just wondering, on your site, why isn't the random tech cat warrantied? (i'm confused about all the downpipe options in general but i guess warranty is a good place to start)
Old 06-17-2006, 05:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think its because some people probably opt for the cat so they can keep things running legal and perhaps expect there to be a warranty if youre running legal? sh*t I dont know, just a guess lol.

So about that flange... that would be great cause I know many shops who can fab me up a tube but will you charge extra for the flange???
Old 06-17-2006, 08:24 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

davedaveTC, I'm on the same boat as you! I'm looking @ two kits. Dezod S1/S2 & Soundperformance kit.

Everytime I'm here, I'm more and more impressed with the Dezod's design and them willing to share/enlighten us with information.

Right now... I'm leaning towards Dezod... choices, choices!!!
Old 06-17-2006, 01:35 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by tC_skier
just wondering, on your site, why isn't the random tech cat warrantied? (i'm confused about all the downpipe options in general but i guess warranty is a good place to start)
Some people do not retune and leave the base map, which is excessively rich and will destroy the cat in a decent amount of time.

Quick Reply: Dezod Stage 1 Turbo Kit Questions...