Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Dezod Turbo Kit ****PICS****

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 03:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Souljah347
Originally Posted by TURBO_TC02
there is a total of five holes....three on the back all the way up under the Intake manifold, and as well as the two in the front. it made me cry pretty bad but then again this is the second engine....oh yeah by the way everyone out there that has heard of PRO MOTION TUNING, out of Fredericksburg,VA AKA (creativecompacts.com) STAY AWAY!!!!! CAN"T STRESS IT ENOUGH!!! this is the product of thos guys' knowledge with Greddy E-Manage..and tuning period!
yeah, i bought a full exhaust from creative compacts, it cracked at the front of the resonator. i should have gone with the zpi exhaust, but hey i learned my lesson

My S-pipe works just fine Sucks about the tuning though. I dont think ive heard of an engine having 5 different holes.....thats just nutz
Old 10-23-2006, 04:17 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Dang, sorry to hear man.
Old 10-23-2006, 04:33 AM
5 Year Member

yeah its a shytty thing but i will be back on top here soon i have decided to build everything from the ground up and pretty much turn it into a drag/street legal race car...and i plan on converting it to AWD, which i have found some research on....not letting the secret get out yet, and after all is said and done with total block and head reconstruction and tranny upgrades, along with suspension, clutch, and all internals....were talking about 25-30 PSI on a T3/T4 so all in all about 600-700 whp....alot of money but we'll see what happens...good thing i got World Racing Inc. (Chris Rado's Team) on my side!! i will update everyone once this happens.
Old 10-23-2006, 04:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dam bro that really sux alot man i have the dezod kit as well. good luck with ur new build up. i just dont understand how that happened it was just a bad tune did u not have gauges to monitor anything to see if anything was gonna happen before it did?
Old 10-23-2006, 04:51 AM
5 Year Member

yeah i had everything set up i have a megan racing boost gauge and right b4 it blew it was only reading 5 PSI which is what the spring in the wastegate was pre-set with and i was looking right at the gauge right when it blew and it was holding steady at 5 so it really boggled my mind untill i called Chris Rado's engine man and he said it was faulty tuning and so did my engine builder...so i was pretty much screwed from there on out...but thanks for the sympathy..going on a month w/o my TC i miss it
Old 10-23-2006, 05:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

tell me about it i love my dezod kit but i dont have time to really enjoy it all these samll things keep setting me back first it won pass inspection cause my check engine light is on then i have a leak that has gone back 2 wice 2morrow will be the 3rd for a oil leak at the punch cite of the pan and my custom dump tube that ripp made me is pointed straight at my ac pump which is deff a no no soo im trying to get that customized before i do damage and now my AF is reading 10.0 at wot when it was reading 11.1 the other day. it has been in and out of the shop hopfully this will be all done with by this week.
Old 10-23-2006, 05:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by TURBO_TC02
yeah its a shytty thing but i will be back on top here soon i have decided to build everything from the ground up and pretty much turn it into a drag/street legal race car...and i plan on converting it to AWD, which i have found some research on....not letting the secret get out yet, and after all is said and done with total block and head reconstruction and tranny upgrades, along with suspension, clutch, and all internals....were talking about 25-30 PSI on a T3/T4 so all in all about 600-700 whp....alot of money but we'll see what happens...good thing i got World Racing Inc. (Chris Rado's Team) on my side!! i will update everyone once this happens.
lol jeez bro
Old 10-23-2006, 05:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionTific

SL Member

Oooof! Words cannot express how much that sucks.
Old 10-23-2006, 05:30 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by Byta27
now my AF is reading 10.0 at wot when it was reading 11.1 the other day
Has there been a big weather temperature difference within these 2 days?
Old 10-23-2006, 05:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thats what i was thinking and yes the temperature is considerably dropping i think.
Old 10-23-2006, 06:57 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i have the same thing like you , i have the greddy turbo kit on my car and it blow in just 1 day after it put on . and the engine have couple holes like your engine . now i looking for the new engine
Old 10-23-2006, 01:19 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

You can tell your running REALLY hot EGTs by the look of your manifold and downpipe. It should be golden bronze colored, not brown. Best of luck to you sir!

I hope this portray's what Joe and I have been speaking about with tuning be one of the most important aspects of a turbo system.
Old 10-23-2006, 01:21 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

tell me about it i love my dezod kit but i dont have time to really enjoy it all these samll things keep setting me back first it won pass inspection cause my check engine light is on then i have a leak that has gone back 2 wice 2morrow will be the 3rd for a oil leak at the punch cite of the pan and my custom dump tube that ripp made me is pointed straight at my ac pump which is deff a no no soo im trying to get that customized before i do damage and now my AF is reading 10.0 at wot when it was reading 11.1 the other day. it has been in and out of the shop hopfully this will be all done with by this week.
NYS inspection is almost as bad as CA. So not sure what you can do there other than toss a cat one and pray you pass.

Secondly, weather can greatly effect boost levels and AFRs. So be aware fellas. Boost spikes are more common on those cold days.
Old 10-23-2006, 02:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Holy snap son!

Running rich did this? Hmmm...I run 10.0 all day every day beating the ____ out of the car...
Old 10-23-2006, 03:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by 318_tC
Holy snap son!

Running rich did this? Hmmm...I run 10.0 all day every day beating the poop out of the car...

I don't recall seeing a motor blow from being rich.... Very puzzling.
Old 10-23-2006, 03:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

now my AF is reading 10.0 at wot when it was reading 11.1 the other day.
thats what i was thinking and yes the temperature is considerably dropping i think.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but temperature drop should make it leaner, not richer.
Old 10-23-2006, 03:19 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

/\/\ that would be correct.

Colder air is more dense. More oxygen molecules in a given space with the same dose of fuel as before. More fuel+oxygen atomize, burn, leaving less oxygen after combustion. Ratio of oxygen to fuel is greater before and after combustion in this case in realtion to the same ration of fuel in a hotter more expansive concentration of air.
Old 10-23-2006, 03:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i dono wtf u just said but ok cool
Old 10-23-2006, 03:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Prototype_xB
/\/\ that would be correct.

Colder air is more dense. More oxygen molecules in a given space with the same dose of fuel as before. More fuel+oxygen atomize, burn, leaving less oxygen after combustion. Ratio of oxygen to fuel is greater before and after combustion in this case in realtion to the same ration of fuel in a hotter more expansive concentration of air.

Originally Posted by 318_tc
i dono wtf u just said but ok cool

I'm with you 318...Damn Math equations!
Old 10-23-2006, 03:51 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Someone give me some butter cuz i'm on a roll!

Quick Reply: Dezod Turbo Kit ****PICS****