Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Dezod Turbo Kit ****PICS****

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 04:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Ok, question for the original poster. If I'm understanding correctly, you said this is your Second blown motor. What was the cause for blowing the First motor?
Old 10-23-2006, 04:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

who the ____ is tuning ur ____...
Old 10-23-2006, 04:42 PM
5 Year Member

i dunno the cause of the first blown engine but the only thing i can think of is, about 4 months prior i had some water damage with a cold air intake, and got it hydra-locked, but i fixed it and it ran fine....like brand new....then i put the turbo kit on it was great then i started to have multiple random misfires, couldn't figure it out it wasn't the plugs, nor wires, nor coils or anything to that nature bc i got them tested and then all of the sudden i went to go get something to eat came out of an intersection not even into boost and then the bytch just blew shy high....not as bad at this time though....the place that tuned it, is PRO MOTION TUNING out of fredericksburg, VA AKA (CreativeCompacts.com) for real STAY AWAY they don't know what the hell they are doing.
Old 10-23-2006, 04:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa

man that sux man
Old 10-23-2006, 04:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

random misfires huh? was you throwing CEL's?? Ive got a misfire in cylinder 2 now that im trying to figure out
Old 10-23-2006, 05:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by TURBO_TC02
i dunno the cause of the first blown engine but the only thing i can think of is, about 4 months prior i had some water damage with a cold air intake, and got it hydra-locked, but i fixed it and it ran fine....like brand new....then i put the turbo kit on it was great then i started to have multiple random misfires, couldn't figure it out it wasn't the plugs, nor wires, nor coils or anything to that nature bc i got them tested and then all of the sudden i went to go get something to eat came out of an intersection not even into boost and then the bytch just blew shy high....not as bad at this time though....the place that tuned it, is PRO MOTION TUNING out of fredericksburg, VA AKA (CreativeCompacts.com) for real STAY AWAY they don't know what the hell they are doing.

maybe you got a bad kit or something. don't excuse the kit itself, comb over it with a fine tooth to make sure next time (if there is going to be a next time), that your kits components are properly installed, so that when you build the motor all that work doesn't go to waist and you mess THAT engine up too.
Old 10-23-2006, 06:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Originally Posted by 318_tC
Holy snap son!

Running rich did this? Hmmm...I run 10.0 all day every day beating the poop out of the car...

I don't recall seeing a motor blow from being rich.... Very puzzling.
If you run too rich for a prolonged period of time the extra gas will flood your cylinders pushing the oil away from the pistons which is not fun at all.
Old 10-23-2006, 06:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by kytc
Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Holy snap son!

Running rich did this? Hmmm...I run 10.0 all day every day beating the poop out of the car...

I don't recall seeing a motor blow from being rich.... Very puzzling.
If you run too rich for a prolonged period of time the extra gas will flood your cylinders pushing the oil away from the pistons which is not fun at all.

I'm sure that is true. But giving the history of the F/I on a "Scion tC", we have yet to see any blown motors due to rich A/F conditions. A large % of the turbo guys are/have been riding on A/F readings in the 10's and 11's, and have been doing for quite some time now.
Old 10-23-2006, 06:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow, that's a huge hole. Sorry about your luck.
Old 10-23-2006, 07:42 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Misfiring issue!!!

random misfires huh? was you throwing CEL's?? Ive got a misfire in cylinder 2 now that im trying to figure out
Hey, what engine management do you have??? I had random misfires on my car three times and I narrowed down to my Emanage Ultimate not working correctly. I am now on my fourth Ultimate and it is working fine now, but I wouldn't be surprise if the Ultimate fails again. If you have the Ultimate it may most likely be the ignition chip on the circuit board going out. It is common that the chip falls off when taking out the board to set the jumpers. All my three previous Ultimate was bad because of that stupid ignition chip problem. The first ultimate came from greddy without a chip, the second ultimate just went bad, and the third went bad after a freak'n oil change. I dont know why, but i came to conclusion that the ultimate emanage are pretty fragile with the igniton chip!!! My second and third ultimate went bad without the chip falling off, but I knew that it had something wrong with the chip because of the same symptons as a bad ignition chip!
Old 10-23-2006, 07:55 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TURBO_TC02
damn tunind shop that tuned it screwed it up and was running rich in cylinder one...waayyyyy rich and the fuel pooled in the cylinder and it wasn't combusting correctly and it was misfiring, so when i fixed the miss-fire, i drove it home and got about a block from the house and when i punched it, it completely blew sky high...the whole stree i was on turned into a smoke screen ally-way. I was only running 5 PSI too pretty sorry shyt to be happening at 5 PSI huh?
Hey, not to be an ___ or anything, but I was just curious on how you fixed the misfire. Can it be that you messed up somewhere when you did the fix??? In order to take out fuel in cylinder one, i'm assuming you had to use your laptop to mess with the map in the emanage and was it fixed on the dyno? Cause if it wasn't you should know better to punch on a turbocharged car without a good tune!
Old 10-23-2006, 07:59 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i meant to not punch on a turbocharged car without a good tune.
Old 10-24-2006, 01:39 AM
5 Year Member

no i had just got it tuned the weekend prior and i blew it on a tues...and it was running like a beast....and then all of the sudden one after, i started to get the misfires, its wierd though bc when i tried to figure it out i found out that i had a vaccum leak coming from the boost controller and so i took it off and then connected the vaccum line str8t up to the wastegate w/o the the controller, and then i had no problems but then again from the enging running rich, all of the fuel that was being transmitted was pooling in the cylinder and then when it was running correctly thats when it decided to blow
Old 10-24-2006, 01:40 AM
5 Year Member

no i had just got it tuned the weekend prior and i blew it on a tues...and it was running like a beast....and then all of the sudden one after, i started to get the misfires, its wierd though bc when i tried to figure it out i found out that i had a vaccum leak coming from the boost controller and so i took it off and then connected the vaccum line str8t up to the wastegate w/o the the controller, and then i had no problems but then again from the engine running rich, all of the fuel that was being transmitted was pooling in the cylinder and then when it was running correctly thats when it decided to blow
Old 10-24-2006, 06:27 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

dang man, I am sorry to hear this. Hope it all works out for you.