Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

DG Spec equipped with Dezod S1 3HR success (vids & pics)

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 09:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Oh SICK NIGHT PIC!!!!

Think I will put that as the background on my other monitor (dual monitor setup)...
Old 07-13-2011, 09:03 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
And it wouldn't be just 125F for 20mins due to 2-4 times the power the other car is making adds into that total heat the motor is seeing. You talking about one variable here when reliability is more than just what the temps were outside. Just technically speaking.

EGT's of 1400-1650F for 3hr is worse than EGT's of 1400-1650F for 20 mins sure....but 500-1200hp is producing the same EGT's as 230hp? Umm...if that were the case, which car has the better tune on it...lol
What you are failing to see is that regardless of power, IATs are IATs. External ambient temp that can not be controlled. Regardless of power or boost.

Also, EGTs are a byproduct of the combustion cycle and it's efficiency as a whole. Too cold of EGTs do not promote full volatile combustion of the mixture. Too hot promote internal component failure. EGTs are a function of AFR AND Timing ran through the engine. If you want to really get technical, more boost requires less timing. Depending on AFR, EGTs could very well be in the same area regardless of boost pressure.

Depending upon octane ran and/or meth, these variables also can alter EGTs indirectly because of their resistance to detonation. If this fuel or additive allows you to run a leaner AFR and more timing, then EGTs will be much different than someone whom is forced to run without these.

Gardner is limited to 98 or 100 octane at the track and no water meth or anything like that.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:05 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

here we go again...lmao...cant we all just get along?
Old 07-13-2011, 09:08 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

And please stop saying 20min....it's not 20mins bro...........Now this 3hr race is the ultimate test? Is that the position now, just so I can be clear. Do I get an ultimate test badge for driving 11hrs to VA on my turbo setup, laying down on the dyno and then driving 11hrs back home?
It's in 20 minute sessions. Is it not? Sorry it was 25-35 mins per race. See schedule for an event here.

http://www.redlinetrackevents.com/wp...e2011-2-14.pdf

Nope. Just a cookie. If you drove 11 hours full throttle, then yes you do. Until then, just a cookie.

24 hour is next. Going to be grueling.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:11 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Suddenly all I can think of is....

Old 07-14-2011, 01:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by paul_dezod
What you are failing to see is that regardless of power, IATs are IATs. External ambient temp that can not be controlled. Regardless of power or boost.

Also, EGTs are a byproduct of the combustion cycle and it's efficiency as a whole. Too cold of EGTs do not promote full volatile combustion of the mixture. Too hot promote internal component failure. EGTs are a function of AFR AND Timing ran through the engine. If you want to really get technical, more boost requires less timing. Depending on AFR, EGTs could very well be in the same area regardless of boost pressure.

Depending upon octane ran and/or meth, these variables also can alter EGTs indirectly because of their resistance to detonation. If this fuel or additive allows you to run a leaner AFR and more timing, then EGTs will be much different than someone whom is forced to run without these.

Gardner is limited to 98 or 100 octane at the track and no water meth or anything like that.

It would have been suitable for you to answer Brian's comment with a simple "The nature of the event puts a lot of stress on the components and we were pleased that the S1 meet the expectations". Instead you opened up a different can of worms. We can close it now though..

It's in 20 minute sessions. Is it not? Sorry it was 25-35 mins per race. See schedule for an event here.

http://www.redlinetrackevents.com/wp...e2011-2-14.pdf

Nope. Just a cookie. If you drove 11 hours full throttle, then yes you do. Until then, just a cookie.

24 hour is next. Going to be grueling.

So DG, never takes a turn or comes in for a pit stop for driver change or fueling. It's 100% throttle for 3 straight hours, damn, I want that gas mileage...lol.

How many 20minute sessions is that? One...no. Ok man...you sorta imply that it's one 20min session and then you go home...lol. Not even close. I guess Chris Rado's tC isn't "pushing it to the limit". Even if it was a 10min session, saying 1200hp wasn't pushing the limit is just to funny. According to your old comments, I should get an ultimate test badge, since Daily driving was harder on the car than racing was (your words, not mine). Now it's the other way around...but hey, it's all good... Good thing I do both so, meh...it's water under the bridge.

Last edited by rhythmnsmoke; 07-14-2011 at 01:24 AM.
Old 07-14-2011, 01:10 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

It would have been suitable for you to answer Brian's comment with a simple "The nature of the event puts a lot of stress on the components and we were pleased that the S1 meet the expectations". Instead you opened up a different can of worms. We can close it now though..

So DG, never takes a turn or comes in for a pit stop for driver change or fueling. It's 100% throttle for 3 straight hours, damn, I want that gas mileage...lol.
With respect to your bolded comment, I am 100% pleased and very proud of the quality of our parts and the stress threshold that was placed on them and how well they held up. It's crazy to see parts heat cycled HARD for nearly 3 hours straight. This places HUGE fatigue on the metals. All power and car mechanical components aside. Manifolds typically don't break because of boost....Transmissions do, intake manifolds do, axles do, clutches do.....Manifolds, downpipes and turbine housings (with disregard of craftsmanship errors) fail due to excessive heat cycling, which is rapid temp changes and elongated time frames at excessive temps.

I knew you would have to take this personally and throw it all out there into some other plateau. You can never let it just let it be. No comments where discrediting anyone's capabilities or anything. This style of racing is unlike others. It's much challenging in many other aspects on top of potential mechanical woes. You have tire selection for elongated sessions, weather that can change throughout the 3 hours, day and night driving, lighting options, driver selection, pit crew functions, pit crew efficiency and accuracy, timing of pit stops, duration of race, refueling options.....TA does not harness most of these. This additional strategy, precautions AND the sanctioning body mandates a more closer, level playing field.

I never said DG never refuels. It's understood that pit strategies and timing are a calculated measure in this style of racing unlike other TA events.

Travis, let's just leave it here. I thought this was a good conversation to open up into about the different styles of racing, however this seems to have traveled significantly off mark AND has turned into you refuting comments I have made showing vast difference in the two versions of motorsports.

Your un-dieing devotion to speed and the Scion market is quite commendable, however your inability to be cynical and not accept valid points that have been displayed in front of you (with the exception of both your current sponsor and previous sponsor) is not commendable. I seriously think that this bantering and animosity against me or this company must stop. It's quite stale at best. It's was fun for a while going back and forth about the different aspects, however you will not accept the facts that are being placed in front you. This makes a few view points seem awkward at best for many outsiders looking into this conversation. I have received comments personally about this from others whom have read this. I am just urging you as a fellow Scion enthusiast to recalculate your approach and think about the information that has been placed in front of you. I am saying this as a friend and as a fellow Scion performance junky.

This is in no way a personal attack and please do not take it like this. This is merely a suggestion for pondering on your end. I am willing to agree to disargree with valid points and facts to back it up.

I am asking you nicely to please keep the remainder of your comments on topic. Thank you.

Last edited by paul_dezod; 07-14-2011 at 01:25 PM.
Old 07-14-2011, 01:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

I knew you would have to take this personally and throw it all out there into some other plateau. You can never let it just let it be. No comments where discrediting anyone's capabilities or anything. This style of racing is unlike others. It's much challenging in many other aspects on top of potential mechanical woes. You have tire selection for elongated sessions, weather that can change throughout the 3 hours, day and night driving, lighting options, driver selection, pit crew functions, pit crew efficiency and accuracy, timing of pit stops, duration of race, refueling options.....TA does not harness most of these. This additional strategy, precautions AND the sanctioning body mandates a more closer, level playing field.

I never said DG never refuels. It's understood that pit strategies and timing are a calculated measure in this style of racing unlike other TA events.

Travis, let's just leave it here. I thought this was a good conversation to open up into about the different styles of racing, however this seems to have traveled significantly off mark AND has turned into you refuting comments I have made showing vast difference in the two versions of motorsports.

Your un-dieing devotion to speed and the Scion market is quite commendable, however your inability to be cynical and not accept valid points that have been displayed in front of you (with the exception of both your current sponsor and previous sponsor) is not commendable. I seriously think that this bantering and animosity against me or this company must stop. It's quite stale at best. It's was fun for a while going back and forth about the different aspects, however you will not accept the facts that are being placed in front you. This makes a few view points seem awkward at best for many outsiders looking into this conversation. I have received comments personally about this from others whom have read this. I am just urging you as a fellow Scion enthusiast to recalculate your approach and think about the information that has been placed in front of you. I am saying this as a friend and as a fellow Scion performance junky.

I am asking you nicely to please keep the remainder of your comments on topic. Thank you.

You seem to be the only vendor who ever responds to comments in that fashion (trying to discredit others and prop yourself up). I never responded until you sought the need to dilute Time Attack as if it's not comparable in terms of stress on vehicles. The post you just made is more professionally stated compared to your previous which seem to degrade other Motorsports (using Time Attack as the example). I don't need a lesson on types of racing. I race on a regular you know this. I look into all of them, not just one particular Motorsports event.

My whole point was, you shouldn't have gone there as arguments can be made on both accounts. If you knew that prior to making the statements, then it would have saved a lot of time typing to not have just gone there.

FYI....I wouldn't have accepted the friendship on Facebook if I had animosity towards Dezod or You. Been trying to joke with you for the past 3-4 post now. It's all good man, you can lighten up.
Old 07-14-2011, 01:37 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

You seem to be the only vendor who ever responds to comments in that fashion (trying to discredit others and prop yourself up). I never responded until you sought the need to dilute Time Attack as if it's not comparable in terms of stress on vehicles. The post you just made is more professionally stated compared to your previous which seem to degrade other Motorsports (using Time Attack as the example). I don't need a lesson on types of racing. I race on a regular you know this. I look into all of them, not just one particular Motorsports event.

My whole point was, you shouldn't have gone there as arguments can be made on both accounts. If you knew that prior to making the statements, then it would have saved a lot of time typing to not have just gone there.

FYI....I wouldn't have accepted the friendship on Facebook if I had animosity towards Dezod or You.
Travis, I am not attempting to "one up" any one here nor dilute RL TA. That my friend, is where you have the disconnect. This racing is VERY different. We sponsor a RL TA car. Not sure if you know that. We support that sanctioning body as well as many other.

The two racing styles are different. Knowing what I know about physics, racing, cars, tuning and such, with plenty of data to back it up that this enduro stuff is no joke. It's REALLY abusive on plenty of things just due to the mere duration of time. I HIGHLY doubt that ANY of these higher HP cars could go for one hour, let along three. This is why power is degraded and regulated by the sanctioning body.

I have no animosity towards you man. Just sometimes the brashness you come across with and the inability to see a valid point made by myself. This is timeless. We have been at this since you loved ZPI and claimed they where the best while Kenny was stealing people's people and blowing their engines. You claimed the 16G and 20G where the best turbos and that people with T3/T4s where slow and dumb for having such a large turbo. You enjoyed your insta-spool and now you are rocking a polar opposite and have changed your tune even on Kenny after being arrested and his trail finally catching up to him.

I understand we all learn, grow and evolve as a whole with more experience we encounter. This is pure human nature. I am sure that all of us at 8 or 10 thought we knew it all. Same at 15-16 and then looked back to when we where 10 and was like I knew nothing....Then again in our mid 20s.....It's the cycle of life! I am guilty of it and so you are you. We all are.

I am simply asking you to attempt to learn and accept some new factoids now and not have to wait for time to evolve for your to realize in hindsight. Let's all learn and grow together. Isn't that what this community is all about?
Old 07-14-2011, 01:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

It felt that way to not just me, all I'm saying. We are suppose to be moving on, so in hindsight of that, no need to respond to the additional comments in the post.

But just to clarify, I know longer street race (16G/20G) area. I Road Race/Time Attack/AutoX....where a 16G/20G is not optimal for the necessary powerband needed. It's not a turn on my philosophy, for a street car. And of course, why would I want to be behind a crook of the community? Easy progression.

Please, tell us the details of the next event. Do you know when, where that is going down, I haven't had time to look into the schedule.
Old 07-14-2011, 01:51 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Please, tell us the details of the next event. Do you know when, where that is going down, I haven't had time to look into the schedule.
Details:
http://www.scion.com/scionracing/schedule/index.html

08/13/2011-
08/14/2011 NASA DG-Spec Thunderhill Raceway Park Willows CA

These are going to even more tough...

12/03/2011-
12/03/2011 NASA DG-Spec Thunderhill Raceway Park (6 Hrs) Willows CA

12/03/2011-
12/04/2011 NASA DG-Spec Thunderhill Raceway Park (25 Hrs) Willows CA
Old 07-14-2011, 01:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Man, they need to do like Mid-Ohio, Road Atlanta, Sebring....So I can actually see them in person. Someday I would like to go out to Button Willow and/or Willow Springs and turn some laps. Hopefully it will be around a time they are out testing or something.
Old 07-14-2011, 02:01 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Man, they need to do like Mid-Ohio, Road Atlanta, Sebring....So I can actually see them in person. Someday I would like to go out to Button Willow and/or Willow Springs and turn some laps. Hopefully it will be around a time they are out testing or something.
Make it to Cali. Button Willow exactly. IIRC, that's Gardner's closest "home" track. He actually used to teach an instructional lesson thing there for drivers too. I can probably pull some strings to let you go out on the track with him.

Mid-Ohio was great and so was Watkins Glen. I was in the pits and watching the crew diligently prepare for their practices and races. Great times!
Old 07-14-2011, 02:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Make it to Cali. Button Willow exactly. IIRC, that's Gardner's closest "home" track. He actually used to teach an instructional lesson thing there for drivers too. I can probably pull some strings to let you go out on the track with him.

Mid-Ohio was great and so was Watkins Glen. I was in the pits and watching the crew diligently prepare for their practices and races. Great times!

DG as a personal track guide to BW would be the shizzle.... Someday (perhaps next season), I WILL make a BW/WS appearance.

Oh, snap...yep I forgot about beautiful Watkins Glen.

My next task is to tackle my fear of Road Atlanta. Wall city there.

Hey do you know if there is a video feed loaded of an external view of DG from this past race? All the internal vids were cool (especially the night time one), but wanted to see it from the outside as it's coming down the stretch or something. Seems as the only time I ever get that view of them, it's during the live television cast.
Old 07-14-2011, 02:29 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

I will ask Dan about that. I know he has a lot of footage that takes and studies after each race. A true student to the game.
Old 07-14-2011, 02:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Cool, MOAR VIDS! Please...
Old 07-14-2011, 05:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

.......you two
Old 07-14-2011, 05:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

^^No stirring...
Old 07-14-2011, 05:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wish this was more about the facts with Dezod and less of them having to defend their posts. Some people on here have to comment on every post and take it make it was it was not about. Anyway we can get those posts deleted in here and stick to the real topic at hand?? Someone always seems to try to derail everything.

Paul - Did Dans lap times improve in the evening as the temperature dropped, or could it be argued that DG's vision was hindered due to the lights not working properly so this one would not be a good race to judge that idea by? I realize the parts were all operating at max temp by the 2nd lap I am sure, but does the onboard system spit out a comparo between start and finish information?
Old 07-14-2011, 05:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

not gunna lie both of your posts were like the teacher from charlie brown for a minute "wahn wahn wahn wahn wahn wahn"

Quick Reply: DG Spec equipped with Dezod S1 3HR success (vids & pics)