Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Did ZPI Racing ever...

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 01:33 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok so then there engines blew and they didnt have much done internaly! Right?

So then if i plan on sleeving the cylinders, new piston, rods and everything else that they have internaly including the AEM......i should be fine with pushing hopefully around 500hp??

I hope so bkuz then if i have to worry about blowin something up i will just get rid of my car for something else.
Old 07-06-2006, 01:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BigPinoyTC

So then if i plan on sleeving the cylinders, new piston, rods and everything else that they have internaly including the AEM......i should be fine with pushing hopefully around 500hp??

I hope so bkuz then if i have to worry about blowin something up i will just get rid of my car for something else.
With sleeves you can handle 70psi, and im sure that forged rods will take you to your 500whp goal.
Old 07-06-2006, 01:45 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by zer0

With sleeves you can handle 70psi, and im sure that forged rods will take you to your 500whp goal.
Well i hope so, and if everything goes right i will have mine pushing that much by X-Mas
Old 07-06-2006, 02:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by -Keith-
Rumor is... Yes I said rumor.....

Just about all there tc's have had some motor problems

This is how crap gets started! As you said it's rumors, so don't post if you know NOTHING! All this he said she said rumors crap is getting extremely old!
Old 07-06-2006, 02:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ScionSpeed has the fastest recorded tC with 12.09...
http://www.scionspeed.com/videos/v120secrun.mpg
Old 07-06-2006, 02:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Scionspeed does not exist any more and I think 2 out of their 3 cars blew up. Third was on sale lately. Correct me if I am wrong though.
Old 07-06-2006, 02:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

With internals and the AEM you can make 500 whp without an issue, no doubt.
Old 07-06-2006, 08:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by TurboCustomz
Originally Posted by DouBLeJ16
The ZPI car blew with a good ammount over 450whp (they estimate), only thing it had for internals were low compression aftermarket pistons, everything else on the inside was stock.

450 crank maybe

More like 450whp chief.
Old 07-06-2006, 08:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

I believe that car blew up at the Scion Shootout...

Im suprised ZPI hasnt shown any new times with the LSD and their wicked setups.. It seems like they are busy.
Damn there car blew up too???

Do you know exactly what happened? This is the 2nd tC that i heard blew up after trying to put down some BIG HP.

Kind of gets me thinking if i should not have Sound Performance bring my car into the 500hp mark.
You are talking about two totally different cars. The grey car was the one that went 12.1 and the silver car is the one that blew up at the scion shoot out. It was on its second motor at the time so you are looking at three total engines over two cars there. Along with dyltone's car you have three, Joe Ruso's Black tC makes 4, my personal car (which didnt really blow up as I drove it until I took it apart, but it DID have internal damage) makes 5, the scion speed car makes 6, and I know there were a couple more. These are just the ones that come to mind at 7 am.

Charles

Man you have your facts twisted. They didn't blow up all those cars By themselves. In fact, all the cars listed where running before someone changed something in them, including Dyltone's.

PS....Been running Stage 1 strong for MONTHS on end, and racing EVERY weekend.
Old 07-06-2006, 08:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

ScionSpeed has the fastest recorded tC with 12.09...
http://www.scionspeed.com/videos/v120secrun.mpg

The highest ET, but not the highest trap speed. ZPI has the highest trap speed.

Originally Posted by donscion
wow, if you want 450whp don't you think you have to do a little more than just pistons?

True, but then again, it depends on what your goals are. If you want to find the next weakest link, then you would do just the pistons until the next weakest link breaks. In this case, I believe it was the rods.
Old 07-06-2006, 08:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke

Im suprised ZPI hasnt shown any new times with the LSD and their wicked setups.. It seems like they are busy.

Do you know exactly what happened? This is the 2nd tC that i heard blew up after trying to put down some BIG HP.

Kind of gets me thinking if i should not have Sound Performance bring my car into the 500hp mark.
You are talking about two totally different cars. The grey car was the one that went 12.1 and the silver car is the one that blew up at the scion shoot out. It was on its second motor at the time so you are looking at three total engines over two cars there. Along with dyltone's car you have three, Joe Ruso's Black tC makes 4, my personal car (which didnt really blow up as I drove it until I took it apart, but it DID have internal damage) makes 5, the scion speed car makes 6, and I know there were a couple more. These are just the ones that come to mind at 7 am.

Charles

Man you have your facts twisted. They didn't blow up all those cars By themselves. In fact, all the cars listed where running before someone changed something in them, including Dyltone's.

Thats great for you, but my facts are just that. I never pointed any fingers, I just stated cars that had in fact blown up. Dyltones car barely made it a couple thousand miles, Joe Ruso barely got to drive his car a month total and I know he didnt change anything, the three engines from the silver and grey ZPI cars can un-denyably be blamed on them, and I take full credit for my personal car. That leaves the Scion Speed car which goes without saying.

How exactly are my facts flawed then? I know for some reason you feel the need to jump to the defense of ZPI and thats fine. You should however keep in mind that I have not personally ATTACKED them in anyway for MONTHS. All of my posts have been from my personal experience with something or neutral in point. I have made it a point to not blatantly attack anyone on here if at all possible and just try to help out people and keep information as accurate as possible.

Several people on here have very strong opinions of ZPI, you included, whether they be good or bad. Im not on here to attack or fight with anyone and I hope my posts dont come across that way.

Charles
Old 07-06-2006, 08:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The ZPI car blew with a good ammount over 450whp (they estimate), only thing it had for internals were low compression aftermarket pistons, everything else on the inside was stock.

450 crank maybe

More like 450whp chief.
Got a dyno sheet? I could speculate that my Trans Am was making close to 700 ft.lbs, if I didnt have a dyno sheet to back it up its anyones guess. You speculate 450 whp, I speculate 450 crank. Its not worth arguing over because neither one of us are EVER going to be able to prove it one way or another.
Old 07-06-2006, 08:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

They don't have a dyno sheet but why is 450whp so hard for you to believe on lower compression pistons?

It's very possible..
Old 07-06-2006, 08:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

450 crank maybe

More like 450whp chief.
No Dyno..No care..
Old 07-06-2006, 08:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

They don't have a dyno sheet but why is 450whp so hard for you to believe on lower compression pistons?

It's very possible..
I dont doubt that 450 whp is possible. I also know that a 450whp car weighing as little as 3100 lbs, (which im sure the tc with s turbo kit, those wheels, bumper, ect ect weighs more with a driver) would trap in excess of 123 MPH in the quarter. a BEST trap of 121 would put it in the mid to high 420's.

My point is that no one knows how much it was making, therefore you cant go around saying it was making OVER 450 WHP.
Old 07-06-2006, 09:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Charles

Thats great for you, but my facts are just that. I never pointed any fingers, I just stated cars that had in fact blown up. Dyltones car barely made it a couple thousand miles, Joe Ruso barely got to drive his car a month total and I know he didnt change anything, the three engines from the silver and grey ZPI cars can un-denyably be blamed on them, and I take full credit for my personal car. That leaves the Scion Speed car which goes without saying.

How exactly are my facts flawed then? I know for some reason you feel the need to jump to the defense of ZPI and thats fine. You should however keep in mind that I have not personally ATTACKED them in anyway for MONTHS. All of my posts have been from my personal experience with something or neutral in point. I have made it a point to not blatantly attack anyone on here if at all possible and just try to help out people and keep information as accurate as possible.

Several people on here have very strong opinions of ZPI, you included, whether they be good or bad. Im not on here to attack or fight with anyone and I hope my posts dont come across that way.

Charles

The way I read your post was that you were trying to imply that ZPI blew up all these cars, and are the sole responsible people for the engines demise. Which is not the case. And their shop car is subject to abuse and failure when pushing the limits of the tC is expected. Sorry if you felt I was jumping on your to come to ZPI's aid, but that's not the case. I was just want people to understand the truth, because you know as well as I how people misconstrued and take things out of context here on SL.
Old 07-06-2006, 09:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

450 crank maybe

More like 450whp chief.
Got a dyno sheet? I could speculate that my Trans Am was making close to 700 ft.lbs, if I didnt have a dyno sheet to back it up its anyones guess. You speculate 450 whp, I speculate 450 crank. Its not worth arguing over because neither one of us are EVER going to be able to prove it one way or another.

Yeah, but it would be more accurate to say 450whp then 450 crank, due to the fact that the car dynoed on 9 PSI at 330/350whp. At the track, it was cranked up a lot more than 9 PSI. That's how I can say 450whp.
Old 07-07-2006, 01:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Are you actually saying that they made 330 whp, (thats THREE HUNDRED AND THIRTY) on ONLY 9 pounds of boost????

I just want to be sure thats what you said.
Old 07-07-2006, 01:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

(thats THREE HUNDRED AND THIRTY)
^^I always wondered how you spelled that.^^

So Charles how much boost were you running, before you took the turbo out? What did you dyno at?
These are just curiosity questions, beacuse Ive never read up on your car or heard numbers.
Old 07-07-2006, 02:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ProshopXB
(thats THREE HUNDRED AND THIRTY)
^^I always wondered how you spelled that.^^

So Charles how much boost were you running, before you took the turbo out? What did you dyno at?
These are just curiosity questions, beacuse Ive never read up on your car or heard numbers.
I ran 14psi until my clutch hated me for doing it and backed it back down to 10psi until I took it apart. The turbo kit on the car was the EXACT same one that Kenny's grey car had on it when it ran its 12.1 pass. It was the one I built with a friend and put on Kenny's car when my ecu took a dump so we could get some numbers out of it.

I dont have the exact numbers and I dont want to miss quote so if you would like me to look them up in the dyno computer tomorrow or sat. I can work that out.

Charles

Quick Reply: Did ZPI Racing ever...