Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Did ZPI Racing ever...

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 02:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ProshopXB
Originally Posted by TurboCustomz
(thats THREE HUNDRED AND THIRTY)
^^I always wondered how you spelled that.^^

So Charles how much boost were you running, before you took the turbo out? What did you dyno at?
These are just curiosity questions, beacuse Ive never read up on your car or heard numbers.
Charles is the man, trust me
Old 07-07-2006, 02:30 AM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Man you have your facts twisted. They didn't blow up all those cars By themselves. In fact, all the cars listed where running before someone changed something in them, including Dyltone's.

PS....Been running Stage 1 strong for MONTHS on end, and racing EVERY weekend.
I'm sure you don't know what in the hell you're talking about. I have proof that my car had problems before I left ZPI and they only got worse as days went on. My car ran for a total of 2500 miles (1000 miles home and 1500 miles once I got home) before I had major internal engine failure. I don't know who you have been talking to, but I'm possitive you don't know me or my story.

Please only speak about facts when it comes to me or my car.
Old 07-07-2006, 02:34 AM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by DouBLeJ16
They don't have a dyno sheet but why is 450whp so hard for you to believe on lower compression pistons?

It's very possible..
Simple fact, lower compression pistons by themselves will cause you to lose horsepower. They do however, give you the oportunity to change other things, (ie PSI, tune, supporting mods) to give you more horsepower in the end.
Old 07-07-2006, 02:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by kytc

So Charles how much boost were you running, before you took the turbo out? What did you dyno at?
These are just curiosity questions, beacuse Ive never read up on your car or heard numbers.

There was no "ill will" in my question, just curiosity. Charles seems like a good guy and from what I have read he knows his stuff. Plus i knew at one time he had the ZPI setup, so we could use his numbers as a comparision to what the actual ZPI cars were running or some what close to.

Charles it is completly up to you if want to look the numbers up, like I said I just figured we could get a rough idea of what the other cars were running. A ballpark figure would be fine.
Oh and you might just possibly see my car on your dyno tommorow.
Old 07-07-2006, 03:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by kytc

There was no "ill will" in my question, just curiosity. Charles seems like a good guy and from what I have read he knows his stuff. Plus i knew at one time he had the ZPI setup, so we could use his numbers as a comparision to what the actual ZPI cars were running or some what close to.

Charles it is completly up to you if want to look the numbers up, like I said I just figured we could get a rough idea of what the other cars were running. A ballpark figure would be fine.
Oh and you might just possibly see my car on your dyno tommorow.
Oh, I know you meant no ill will. I was just stating my view after some very long conversations with him and meeting him today.
Old 07-07-2006, 04:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Dyltone
Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Man you have your facts twisted. They didn't blow up all those cars By themselves. In fact, all the cars listed where running before someone changed something in them, including Dyltone's.

PS....Been running Stage 1 strong for MONTHS on end, and racing EVERY weekend.
I'm sure you don't know what in the hell you're talking about. I have proof that my car had problems before I left ZPI and they only got worse as days went on. My car ran for a total of 2500 miles (1000 miles home and 1500 miles once I got home) before I had major internal engine failure. I don't know who you have been talking to, but I'm possitive you don't know me or my story.

Please only speak about facts when it comes to me or my car.

Oh, I know your story.
Old 07-07-2006, 04:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I ran 14psi until my clutch hated me for doing it and backed it back down to 10psi until I took it apart. The turbo kit on the car was the EXACT same one that Kenny's grey car had on it when it ran its 12.1 pass. It was the one I built with a friend and put on Kenny's car when my ecu took a dump so we could get some numbers out of it.

I dont have the exact numbers and I dont want to miss quote so if you would like me to look them up in the dyno computer tomorrow or sat. I can work that out.

Charles

The 12.1 pass was on the FM tC with the 16G at 14 PSI correct? The silver car did not have a 16G in it. It was a GT35 I believe.
Old 07-07-2006, 04:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Are you actually saying that they made 330 whp, (thats THREE HUNDRED AND THIRTY) on ONLY 9 pounds of boost????

I just want to be sure thats what you said.

Going by the video on the ZPI website, and seeing the dyno machine pump out the 330, yeah I would say that would be 330whp. And not on the 16G as I stated in the post above. It's was on a different turbo.
Old 07-07-2006, 12:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I dont doubt that 450 whp is possible. I also know that a 450whp car weighing as little as 3100 lbs, (which im sure the tc with s turbo kit, those wheels, bumper, ect ect weighs more with a driver) would trap in excess of 123 MPH in the quarter. a BEST trap of 121 would put it in the mid to high 420's.
So now you're trying to tell me that you can tell exact whp (within 10whp) from the trap speed? There's alot more variables then peak whp when it comes to trap speeds.

The car had less whp when it ran the 121 trap speed.. When it had 450+whp it blew up 3/4 of the way down the track and still ran a low 12.
Old 07-07-2006, 12:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I dont doubt that 450 whp is possible. I also know that a 450whp car weighing as little as 3100 lbs, (which im sure the tc with s turbo kit, those wheels, bumper, ect ect weighs more with a driver) would trap in excess of 123 MPH in the quarter. a BEST trap of 121 would put it in the mid to high 420's.
So now you're trying to tell me that you can tell exact whp (within 10whp) from the trap speed? There's alot more variables then peak whp when it comes to trap speeds.

The car had less whp when it ran the 121 trap speed.. When it had 450+whp it blew up 3/4 of the way down the track and still ran a low 12.
This is never going to end so I will leave you will this.

You can calculate an aprroximate hp level using trap speed and weight. Since I have those two varibles, I'd say that my educated (with what I have to use here ) guess of what the car was making is slightly more accurate then the hp you pulled from thin air since there are no dyno sheets.

On that note as well, I'm well aware of what the td06 20g turbo is capable of. Its a popular upgrade in the 7m supra world.
Old 07-07-2006, 02:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'd say that my educated (with what I have to use here ) guess of what the car was making is slightly more accurate then the hp you pulled from thin air since there are no dyno sheets.
If they would of dynoed the car you would realize you're wrong. Too bad they didn't.

You decided to argue with the HP I estimated and the number you come up with is 30whp less. Why did you even say anything in the first place?
Old 07-07-2006, 06:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'd say that my educated (with what I have to use here ) guess of what the car was making is slightly more accurate then the hp you pulled from thin air since there are no dyno sheets.
If they would of dynoed the car you would realize you're wrong. Too bad they didn't.

You decided to argue with the HP I estimated and the number you come up with is 30whp less. Why did you even say anything in the first place?
Its not a 220whp car. When you start getting to those power levels, there is a FAR cry between 425HP and 450HP. Oh course, by everyones own admission when the car was making the eleged "450whp" it blew up 3/4 of the way down the track. I guess its a good thing they didnt dyno it at that boost level then because it wouldn't have even gotten that far.
Old 07-08-2006, 01:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Its not a 220whp car. When you start getting to those power levels, there is a FAR cry between 425HP and 450HP. Oh course, by everyones own admission when the car was making the eleged "450whp" it blew up 3/4 of the way down the track. I guess its a good thing they didnt dyno it at that boost level then because it wouldn't have even gotten that far.

Actually, it made it more than one pass down the track. I think he was able to get in like 3 or so passes.
Old 07-08-2006, 01:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You got me there.