Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Do I have to do anything to the engine if I get a ZPI Satge

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 08:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that is fast... nice rid
Old 03-03-2006, 11:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Simplyscion
Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Also, I have to mention that the TRD S/C is pretty much the same as far as being just a straight slap on. It has a reflash, which is pretty much the only difference, seeing as how the Stage 0 you run it off the stock computer with just a recalibration of the MAF.
Are you serious
How about driving the MAF sensor out of range cause thats exactly what happened with Unseens car

Last time I checked, you have to recalibrate the MAF.... So, what the heck his your boy doing to his car then? He obviously dosen't need to be racing or driving nonetheless if you can't set the car up right.
Old 03-03-2006, 01:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Last time I checked, you have to recalibrate the MAF.... So, what the heck his your boy doing to his car then? He obviously dosen't need to be racing or driving nonetheless if you can't set the car up right.
What are you talking about...he followed the directions to a T. If their idea of recalibrating the MAF sensor is pulling a fuse and using a bigger intake pipe, then yea...he did exactly what they wanted him to do...guess what, no dice my friend. Two MAF sensors later and guess what...still the same problem now.
You dont know anything about F/I, the only knowledge you got under your belt is google (internet wisdom)...you know what, I bet you Unseen knows more about this than you do being that he actually has hands on experience. So dont talk about him not being able to set his car up right
Old 03-03-2006, 07:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Okay this isn't really about the s/c, so lets save that already. You both have talked so much about it in the past, same with simplyscion and others that didn't agree with him. Its obvious that you guys will never agree so lets just agree not to agree on that.

In terms of the stage 0, its safe to say that ZPI is lying in terms of long lasting durability with the stage 0 and no other mods. Of course, people will probably upgrade later on down the road but that isn't the point. In my opinion, its best to do the prep build for f/i prior to actually running f/i. Some might beg to differ, thats fine. But so far, no one has really down right disagree'd with me with this. Its common automotive sense that its not wise to run any f/i without some kind of prep build, even the trd supercharger. It just creates a ticking time bomb ready to go off, the only question is when it will and what the damage will be.
Old 03-03-2006, 08:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

What are you talking about...he followed the directions to a T. If their idea of recalibrating the MAF sensor is pulling a fuse and using a bigger intake pipe, then yea...he did exactly what they wanted him to do...guess what, no dice my friend. Two MAF sensors later and guess what...still the same problem now.
You dont know anything about F/I, the only knowledge you got under your belt is google (internet wisdom)...you know what, I bet you Unseen knows more about this than you do being that he actually has hands on experience. So dont talk about him not being able to set his car up right

Dude...What the heck is your problem... Someone must have put salt in your coffee this morning, or did you wake up next to a Dude who you thought was a girl after a few drinks.

If he can't get it running right then OBVIOUSLY, he set something up wrong. Cause there are PLENTY of Stage 0's running that are tuned and whippin on some of their locals. Why is it that ScionDad has it all working, and Unseen dosen't. I never claim I'm an expert, but if it's not running right, then it's not setup the way it suppose to be. USER ERROR...ever heard of the term.
Old 03-03-2006, 08:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

While i don't think the stage 0 is that great in terms of how ZPI sells it, and so forth. I do agree with rhythmnsmoke on this issue, it does sound more like install error than anything else. I've heard of another issue with the stage 0, but it was fixed and it was running correctly after that.

I think Simplyscion is just tired of the whole supercharger vs stage 0 conversations. Which honestly, i don't blame him. Theres a ton of threads that either start out comparing the two, or end comparing the two and its pointless.

I think one thing everyone does agree on in terms of long lasting, pre-build and swapping some internals would be the best idea regardless of what company says what. Again, common automotive sense.

Now, if unseen really did set up his turbo correctly then it sounds like it could also be a fluke. Occasionally companies that do manufacture a fairly large number of kits per year, month or however you would like to judge that...can cause issues in some kits and not others. Being that this is 1 repeating issues, out of one known stage 0 owner it leans more towards user error. However, that doesn't mean that there isn't a chance it could be within the kit itself. I don't know unseen nor have i actually seen his car and looked for issues that may have been caused during install. So its hard for me to go one way or another. But it does, again, sound more like he messed something up than anything.
Old 03-03-2006, 08:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by killerxromances
Okay this isn't really about the s/c, so lets save that already. You both have talked so much about it in the past, same with simplyscion and others that didn't agree with him. Its obvious that you guys will never agree so lets just agree not to agree on that.

In terms of the stage 0, its safe to say that ZPI is lying in terms of long lasting durability with the stage 0 and no other mods. Of course, people will probably upgrade later on down the road but that isn't the point. In my opinion, its best to do the prep build for f/i prior to actually running f/i. Some might beg to differ, thats fine. But so far, no one has really down right disagree'd with me with this. Its common automotive sense that its not wise to run any f/i without some kind of prep build, even the trd supercharger. It just creates a ticking time bomb ready to go off, the only question is when it will and what the damage will be.
So, at what mileage would you consider long lasting....80k, 100k, 150k. I'm willing to bet that there are some turbo systems from the factory that don't have that much mileage on them before crapping out. There is a difference between a speculation and flat out lying. There will NEVER be a tC to see 80k miles on just a straight on Stage 0. Cause a Tuner never stops modding his car. It's a drug, and Epidemic if you will. So, that argument is just not going to play out. So, I can agree to disagree if you are willing.
Old 03-03-2006, 08:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So, at what mileage would you consider long lasting....80k, 100k, 150k. I'm willing to bet that there are some turbo systems from the factory that don't have that much mileage on them before crapping out. There is a difference between a speculation and flat out lying. There will NEVER be a tC to see 80k miles on just a straight on Stage 0. Cause a Tuner never stops modding his car. It's a drug, and Epidemic if you will. So, that argument is just not going to play out. So, I can agree to disagree if you are willing.
Yes, most of us will never stop modifying in general. However, i don't know about you but i have seen about half of the people here just want some more power for their daily, nothing serious and just something to buy. Stage 0 would deliver that for them. And there are a ton of newbies that could possibly stop there for a few years. Which could result in some serious problems, it would result in issues and problems at some point.

Also, yes a lot of factory f/i cars don't last very long. Which is why if you buy a factory f/i car you 1. shouldn't buy a used one, it's been to hell and back 95% of the time. 2. Do research of the car you want, and make sure the design actually makes sense. Especially if you are newbie, have someone help you decide. Subaru imo, is one of the best companies you could go with if you want a car thats turbocharged from the factory, reliable, and can see a good life span. In terms of how long is long, imo, a boosted n/a motor to last 120,000 without any issues is long lasting. 100,000 is also really good. 80,000 is decent, probably more along the lines of average.
Old 03-03-2006, 09:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

And on another note SimplyScion...Obviously you are more educated in F/I than I am. And you have been helping Unseen with his car. So, why haven't YOU been able to get him up and running? It's not your car yes, but you are in this breathren we call the Scion Communtiy, and we help one another find the solution to their problems.

I'm going to be honest with you and tell you that I don't feel technically inclined to install a Stage 0 and configure it. But at the same time, I'm only 3 hrs from ZPI. So, they will be installing it for me, and the only reports from me on this site will be....

"Just beat this dude in a 350z the other day..lol"
Old 03-03-2006, 09:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Yes, most of us will never stop modifying in general. However, i don't know about you but i have seen about half of the people here just want some more power for their daily, nothing serious and just something to buy. Stage 0 would deliver that for them. And there are a ton of newbies that could possibly stop there for a few years. Which could result in some serious problems, it would result in issues and problems at some point.

Also, yes a lot of factory f/i cars don't last very long. Which is why if you buy a factory f/i car you 1. shouldn't buy a used one, it's been to hell and back 95% of the time. 2. Do research of the car you want, and make sure the design actually makes sense. Especially if you are newbie, have someone help you decide. Subaru imo, is one of the best companies you could go with if you want a car thats turbocharged from the factory, reliable, and can see a good life span. In terms of how long is long, imo, a boosted n/a motor to last 120,000 without any issues is long lasting. 100,000 is also really good. 80,000 is decent, probably more along the lines of average.

I will stop modding the tC, once I see it hit 12's in the 1/4. Then I would be satisfied. And move onto the next platform.
Old 03-03-2006, 09:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

All Im gonna say is I have looked it over and so has Munch. The kit is installed properly, its done the way it should be. Let me ask zpi something...why is the MAF adapter welded on upside down on the intake piping(I think someone welded it wrong but thats me)?? Why is the crank case line just lying there with no breather element what so ever?? why arent there any mounts for the intake pipe(it just flops around in the engine bay)?? I could go on but Im not, its plain and simple, the kit is installed just like anyone else has installed theirs and so far every single person I have seen lately is having one problem or another...common sense people, pull your headz out your a$$es...either buy management with the kit or dont buy it at all.
Old 03-03-2006, 09:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

All Im gonna say is I have looked it over and so has Munch. The kit is installed properly, its done the way it should be. Let me ask zpi something...why is the MAF adapter welded on upside down on the intake piping(I think someone welded it wrong but thats me)?? Why is the crank case line just lying there blowing junk all over the place(great for the intake filter I must add), why arent there any mounts for the intake pipe(it just flops around in the engine bay)?? I could go on but Im not, its plain and simple, the kit is installed just like anyone else has installed theirs and so far every single person I have seen lately is having one problem or another...common sense people, pull your headz out your a$$es...either buy management with the kit or dont buy it at all.
intercooler, management, injectors too. manaual owners upgrade the clutch. fuel rail/pump would also be useful. just go with a stage 1. lol
Old 03-03-2006, 10:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

All Im gonna say is I have looked it over and so has Munch. The kit is installed properly, its done the way it should be. Let me ask zpi something...why is the MAF adapter welded on upside down on the intake piping(I think someone welded it wrong but thats me)?? Why is the crank case line just lying there blowing junk all over the place(great for the intake filter I must add), why arent there any mounts for the intake pipe(it just flops around in the engine bay)?? I could go on but Im not, its plain and simple, the kit is installed just like anyone else has installed theirs and so far every single person I have seen lately is having one problem or another...common sense people, pull your headz out your a$$es...either buy management with the kit or dont buy it at all.

Dude, again why do you sound all defensive? No one is talking down to you. But it's just funny how Retrodrive, Sciondad, Kaeon all have the SAME KIT! They are up and running and in some cases (Sciondad) has been running for a good while now. So, what's the big idea with your "ZPI kit bashing". And if you could develop a better system, then why haven't you put one out there and sold it?

Did I mention that there was a guy that bought the Turbonetics Kit (Which is praised up and down as being the best kit out), and he is getting a check engine light. There is no such thing as IDIOT PROOF turbo kits, no matter What name is backing it.

Also, I find it very interesting, that the ONLY company to have someone talk bad about their turbo kits and defacing them, is the SAME company who has the MOST turbokitted tC's on the streets, the SAME company who put the tC into the 12's, the SAME company who brought us the first turbo systems, and the SAME company that despite what ill will you have about them, continues to provide us with a cutting edge into the tuner world.

The one thing I agree on is that getting an E-manage with the kit is going to be beneficial for you. As it will allow a better tune, I imagine.
Old 03-03-2006, 10:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Whats funny is Im almost willing to bet that there are just as many Turbonetics kits out there as there are ZPI right now
Its funny that all the people you mention above has had a problem on their hands one way or another. Why isnt sciondad having any issues?? Wait, I know why, hes not running a ZPI "Stage 0" cause if you remember correctly, before the emanage he was having problems just like everyone else who has problems, wether it be with idleing(not even an issue, who cares about how your car idles right, wait what about the infamous stalling issue...ahh no problem, as long as I got my boost who cares if I stall everytime I come to a light...right?? Wait...who cares about any of the issues, we can deal with the problems later on, but thats not important here cause they were the first ones to come out with a turbo kit
It seems like everytime someone has a problem, the remedy is something that is not included in the kit...ie: Emanage!!!!!
You know what...Im looking at this whole thing wrong...ZPI advertises exactly the way it should be advertise...Stage 0-Everything you need to produce boost for your Scion tC....hmm, tis true fellas, its everything you need to produce boost, wether it runs right or not, a turbo will produce boost
Old 03-04-2006, 02:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Whats funny is Im almost willing to bet that there are just as many Turbonetics kits out there as there are ZPI right now
Its funny that all the people you mention above has had a problem on their hands one way or another. Why isnt sciondad having any issues?? Wait, I know why, hes not running a ZPI "Stage 0" cause if you remember correctly, before the emanage he was having problems just like everyone else who has problems, wether it be with idleing(not even an issue, who cares about how your car idles right, wait what about the infamous stalling issue...ahh no problem, as long as I got my boost who cares if I stall everytime I come to a light...right?? Wait...who cares about any of the issues, we can deal with the problems later on, but thats not important here cause they were the first ones to come out with a turbo kit
It seems like everytime someone has a problem, the remedy is something that is not included in the kit...ie: Emanage!!!!!
You know what...Im looking at this whole thing wrong...ZPI advertises exactly the way it should be advertise...Stage 0-Everything you need to produce boost for your Scion tC....hmm, tis true fellas, its everything you need to produce boost, wether it runs right or not, a turbo will produce boost

The two people Mattsi, and Budda both have Dezod turbo systems....They both ran into problems.

One guy has reported a Check engine light for his Turbonetics kit...

Moral of the story is, there is no such thing as a "problem/maintenance free" turbo system from ANY manufactuer/distributor. Thank you, Now serving # 63.
Old 03-04-2006, 01:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

The two people Mattsi, and Budda both have Dezod turbo systems....They both ran into problems.

Moral of the story is, there is no such thing as a "problem/maintenance free" turbo system from ANY manufactuer/distributor. Thank you, Now serving # 63.
Dezod system aint impressing me too much either at this point...but I havent seen one in person so I cant make that judgment just yet. So you got a needle in a haystack with the one guy who has a CEL on the netics kit. Your right, there wont ever be a problem free turbo kit, but the problems shouldnt start the minute you start the car playa.
#63?? I guess thats me, Ill take a number 2 with a diet coke please.
Moral of my story is, dont be such a d!ck rider when you havent even begun to explore this route of f/i yet. I think it would be in your best bet to get the emanage like you stated in your previous post. I also think you shouldnt waste your time and just get the full stage 1 but thats me. If you wanna do it, do it right the first time.
Old 03-05-2006, 12:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Dezod system aint impressing me too much either at this point...but I havent seen one in person so I cant make that judgment just yet. So you got a needle in a haystack with the one guy who has a CEL on the netics kit. Your right, there wont ever be a problem free turbo kit, but the problems shouldnt start the minute you start the car playa.
#63?? I guess thats me, Ill take a number 2 with a diet coke please.
Moral of my story is, dont be such a d!ck rider when you havent even begun to explore this route of f/i yet. I think it would be in your best bet to get the emanage like you stated in your previous post. I also think you shouldnt waste your time and just get the full stage 1 but thats me. If you wanna do it, do it right the first time.

You know, I'm am really looking into a Stage 1 anyway. I figure, if you are going to go, GO BIG! That's why the whole front end of our car is Carbon Fiber (except the bumper of course). But, my Stage 1 is going to be a little bit special..

Oh, by the way, FIRST EVER.....ZPI exhaust with Blitz Nur Spec muffler tC as of last Night. Kenny custom Fab'ed me up and it's BEEEAUTIFUL and LOUD as All Hell!
Old 03-05-2006, 01:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
OhioScions
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

^^^ I expect a video at some point -today-
Old 03-06-2006, 01:59 PM
5 Year Member

I would recomend one of our Plug N Play Unichip kits if you want to get the most from your Supercharger. We use the Unichip for many different reasons , mainly theyre extremely consistant and reliable in what it does for the Tc's ECU. Some have expressed concern for the pistons in the Tc and have asked how aggressive the timing we use is. To state it simply we got 237.6whp using conservative timing settings so we didnt see the need to go more aggressive. Especially since we provide a 98 octane race gas map that adds another 10-16hp that is made using a special octane booster that basically costs with gas usually less than $3.00 a gallon. We did it that way because VP101 out here costs over $6. a gallon and requires either a seperate gas can or to fill it up somewhere else while the octane booster comes in a small sealed container. Check out our site and Unichips and I am sure youll be impressed!

http://www.forcefedracing.com/Catego...?CategoryID=17
Old 03-06-2006, 02:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
OhioScions
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Hey, ForceFedRacing, Might consider becoming a SITE SPONSOR if you plan on pumping Scionlife for business. Ya know, give back to the community and all that jazz ;P

Quick Reply: Do I have to do anything to the engine if I get a ZPI Satge