Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Do I really need a wideband gauge?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 03:58 AM
Banned
SL Member

Default Do I really need a wideband gauge?

Ok. So with my Dezod turbo kit is it really needed to have wideband gauge?
Old 03-27-2012, 04:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

YES! you need to monitor if your engine if running lean or rich at idle, wot, partial throttle etc...
Old 03-27-2012, 12:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

one of the most important gauge when boosting
Old 03-27-2012, 12:53 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by Jacked21
Ok. So with my Dezod turbo kit is it really needed to have wideband gauge?
Originally Posted by sebbyxtc
YES! you need to monitor if your engine if running lean or rich at idle, wot, partial throttle etc...
Originally Posted by my06tc
one of the most important gauge when boosting
Agreed. I feel anytime you add forced compressed air (turbo or S/C) that you NEED a wideband 100% of the time to help monitor the system. It's a strong diagnostic tool.
Old 03-27-2012, 12:55 PM
Banned
SL Member

I don't plan on street tuning at all... Just plan on having the car tuned local and getting a conservative tune.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:01 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

I don't plan on street tuning at all... Just plan on having the car tuned local and getting a conservative tune.
Regardless, you still want to know what's going with the engine's combustion cycle at all times.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:10 PM
Banned
SL Member

Ok. I know a lot of people don't run them with their turbo'd TC, but I picked up an AEM one locally yesterday. So now I have to pay a crap ton of money to have the s-pipe tapped and the bung welded in. This sucks.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok. I know a lot of people don't run them with their turbo'd TC, but I picked up an AEM one locally yesterday. So now I have to pay a crap ton of money to have the s-pipe tapped and the bung welded in. This sucks.
if you think that's a crap ton of money, then you have a long road ahead of you my friend.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:42 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by brett561tc
if you think that's a crap ton of money, then you have a long road ahead of you my friend.
Seriously. It should be no more than $50-75 to have it welded into place. That is what we charge.

If you where running our kit, we already include the extra bung on the downpipe/s-pipe combo as our standard run on the item so you don't have to do that.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

if theres only 1 gauge you can get, it def be a wideband.. tons of things that can change the tune and not all the times you would notice how the car runs with that happens. Wideband helps you know something needs to be checked or if the tune remains awesum
Old 03-27-2012, 02:10 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by paul_dezod
Seriously. It should be no more than $50-75 to have it welded into place. That is what we charge.

If you where running our kit, we already include the extra bung on the downpipe/s-pipe combo as our standard run on the item so you don't have to do that.
I did not notice a second bung on the s-pipe. Only 1 of them on the manifold and one on the s-pipe. And yes I have the Dezod kit.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

seriously... 40 bucks is alot of money? why bother boosting then...
Old 03-27-2012, 03:07 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TCpete
this...

Maybe it's time to take up knitting or something cheaper.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:15 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by TCpete
If $40 was alot of money and I paid for a turbo kit then how would it be a lot of money.....? It's adding to a lot of money. And I've called around and its over $100 at every place just to do the bung. Then pay to get the $300 worth of gauges installed. Just adding up.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:18 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by Irishguy0224
this...

Maybe it's time to take up knitting or something cheaper.
I'm a bodybuilder. Not a knitter. Bodybuilding and the food that goes along with it cost me over $300 a week to eat right. So don't even go there.. Looks like I'm gonna stick with I/H/E.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:20 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm a bodybuilder. Not a knitter. Bodybuilding and the food that goes along with it cost me over $300 a week to eat right. So don't even go there.. Looks like I'm gonna stick with I/H/E.
lol maybe you should stick to one interest that you can afford then. Saying that seems like you can hardly afford to even feed yourself and build those muscles of yours...
Old 03-27-2012, 03:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If $40 was alot of money and I paid for a turbo kit then how would it be a lot of money.....? It's adding to a lot of money. And I've called around and its over $100 at every place just to do the bung. Then pay to get the $300 worth of gauges installed. Just adding up.
you can save money by installing the guages yourself. there are simple enough directions boxed in with the gauges when you buy them.

welding a bung can be done by any welder. buy the bung online and take it to a welder with the spipe and tell him to weld it in. it should not exceed more than 50-75 dollars (75 is reaaaally pushing it)...
Old 03-27-2012, 03:55 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by Irishguy0224
lol maybe you should stick to one interest that you can afford then. Saying that seems like you can hardly afford to even feed yourself and build those muscles of yours...
here goes the back and forth bullcrap that someone has to chime in on with no info other than to fell inferior of another so they feel the need to comment to feel better about themselves. And I can afford to feed myself, my daughter, my dog and my girl and put a roof over their head and have a paid off new car 2 years early bought new. I'm a cheap ___ aren't I ? There's things I want to out money in and things I chose to or not to put more money in. This is one of those that I choose not to keep going with.
Old 03-27-2012, 04:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

here goes the back and forth bullcrap that someone has to chime in on with no info other than to fell inferior of another so they feel the need to comment to feel better about themselves. And I can afford to feed myself, my daughter, my dog and my girl and put a roof over their head and have a paid off new car 2 years early bought new. I'm a cheap ___ aren't I ? There's things I want to out money in and things I chose to or not to put more money in. This is one of those that I choose not to keep going with.
welcome to the internet bro. what people are trying to tell you is that once you turbo a car you will NEVER stop putting money into it. if you're trying to cheap out on something as important as a wideband o2, then you are doing it wrong. you might as well just go back to stock now while your motor is still running. it will save you tons.
Old 03-27-2012, 04:16 PM
Banned
SL Member

welcome to the internet bro. what people are trying to tell you is that once you turbo a car you will NEVER stop putting money into it. if you're trying to cheap out on something as important as a wideband o2, then you are doing it wrong. you might as well just go back to stock now while your motor is still running. it will save you tons.
Oh believe me. I am today. And selling the Dezod turbo kit and management and gauges.

Quick Reply: Do I really need a wideband gauge?