Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Dyno attempts of my ZPI Stage 1

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 06:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

The Scanner Errored out...S.O.B. I took some pics with my Digi cam instead, but I don't have the USB cord to upload with. Guess I'll have to upload when I get home. Sorry guys...I'm working on it. Trust me, it will be up today.
Old 08-16-2006, 07:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

why is everyone so scared to bring it up that high...I bring it as close to redline as I possibly can at least 5 times a day I beat the snot out of my car...thats what the warranty is for hehehe...on a side note, 6100 RPM's is still a few hundred rpms away from actual redline...I logged with my greddy informeter shifts at 63## and 6427RPMS
I always laugh when I see people going I never bring my car past 5000 RPMs blah blah...thats crap, break it in like a biotch and its gonna drive like one. lol...I guess thast the way I have always been, I have no mercy cause If I break it then its obviously not strong enough for me and its either time to get rid of it or make it better and stronger
Old 08-16-2006, 07:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Simplyscion
why is everyone so scared to bring it up that high...I bring it as close to redline as I possibly can at least 5 times a day I beat the snot out of my car...thats what the warranty is for hehehe...on a side note, 6100 RPM's is still a few hundred rpms away from actual redline...I logged with my greddy informeter shifts at 63## and 6427RPMS
I always laugh when I see people going I never bring my car past 5000 RPMs blah blah...thats crap, break it in like a biotch and its gonna drive like one. lol...I guess thast the way I have always been, I have no mercy cause If I break it then its obviously not strong enough for me and its either time to get rid of it or make it better and stronger

Slow ya roll shorty.....You talking to a guy who did this to a ClutchMasters Stage 1.....

Make no mistake....I Aint Skerwed!
Old 08-16-2006, 07:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

why is everyone so scared to bring it up that high...I bring it as close to redline as I possibly can at least 5 times a day
Your car is much safer under boost at redline than it is at peak torque. Rpm's have nothing to do with detonation.
Old 08-16-2006, 07:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Old 08-16-2006, 07:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Dyno attempts of my ZPI Stage 1

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Well, gents, I finally was able to get to the dyno today. The car still does not have a DYNO tune on it (street tuned), so I don't know what the A/F is. It's still rich, but not as rich as before. It was not what I expected to happen! We get there, and the guy straps us on the dyno. I go to do the pull at like 3500RPM's, and when the turbo spooled and kicked, MY FREAKIN TIRES SPUN ON THE DYNO! Chris (guy that owns the dyno) was like man, your tires just spun on the rollers, all the while putting down 248whp barely on 0.6 Bar. He kept asking me about the tires, what kind where they, how much PSI was in them..etc. Stock Scion tires is what the car is on. So, he proceeded to synch down the straps some more. Do you guys know about those Industrial Sized Fans that are put in like warehouses? Well, that's what he was using to pump air for the intercooler. I didn't think it was the most efficient, but o'well. So, again another pull. SAME THING! Hit boost, and tires break loose from the drums... With tires slipping, she is putting down 250whp/250wtQ and barely on 0.6 Bar. Chris was like "man that turbo spools fast", "that thing comes on quick". And this is a guy who has fully built RX7's, Corvettes, LS2 motors about to be S/C all sitting in their shop, so I took that as a compliment.. Also, before we got there, there was oil on the dyno (didn't see any on the rollers, but who knows ) from an Eclipse they had dynoed a little while before we got there.

That was problem #1. Problem #2 is, he could not get an accurate TAC reading, so the freakin graph is all broken up. It would read, then the line just disappeared, then it's back, then gone. So there are all sorts of gaps in our graph.

Note to self: Bring DR's for the dyno next time, so there will be no will spinning what-so-ever!

I will try and get the broken graph uploaded later (although you won't be able to tell what's going on in it), as soon as I find the drivers for our scanner.
I hope you didn't pay anything for this dyno. If your spinning the wheels, your dyno operator has no idea how to set up your car. Take it to reputable shop and have them dyno it.
Old 08-16-2006, 07:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by tcengel
why is everyone so scared to bring it up that high...I bring it as close to redline as I possibly can at least 5 times a day
Your car is much safer under boost at redline than it is at peak torque. Rpm's have nothing to do with detonation.
whos talking about detonation? Im not worried about my barely above 200 ft lbs lol...Im just saying that Im not scared to bring it as close to redline as possible...its been done thousands of times in my car, as I said Im not worried.
Old 08-16-2006, 07:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I was supporting your statement.
Old 08-16-2006, 07:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I was supporting your statement.
ok...gotcha...I had to go back and re read my original post twice
Old 08-16-2006, 07:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

He also has a S/C, which reaches full HP at RedLine. The clutch in this car is fairly new still, not to mention, I still need to see what my A/F readings are.
Old 08-16-2006, 07:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

I hope you didn't pay anything for this dyno. If your spinning the wheels, your dyno operator has no idea how to set up your car. Take it to reputable shop and have them dyno it.

yeah I paid the man for his time still. I guess he just was not expecting it.
Old 08-16-2006, 07:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

He also has a S/C, which reaches full HP at RedLine.
It's usually where your torque peaks that is the most dangerous spot, not horsepower.
Old 08-16-2006, 07:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Some info. I forgot to share with you guys; after a good while on the dyno, Chris asked me how my temps. were. I said it's good. Temp. gauge was still normal. He checked the pipe with his hand and (in one of those, I'm Impressed type voices) was like "yeah, that's still pretty cold". Just thought I would throw that tid bit of info in there for those people who were wondering why our car ran cooler than what they SAY it suppose to run.
Old 08-16-2006, 08:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

He also has a S/C, which reaches full HP at RedLine.
It's usually where your torque peaks that is the most dangerous spot, not horsepower.

try explaining that to your pregnant fiance worried about her car blowing up... Trust me, you don't RedLine it anymore....
Old 08-16-2006, 08:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

The only reason I'm worried about my car blowing up right now, is because it's still my DD. If it "blows up" I have no car!
Old 08-16-2006, 08:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by ISmokeGuys
The only reason I'm worried about my car blowing up right now, is because it's still my DD. If it "blows up" I have no car!

For now that is.... And NO we are NOT getting an Acura TL...
Old 08-16-2006, 08:54 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Someone knows their stuff. ;)
Old 08-16-2006, 08:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I agree 100%, the wheels should not be spinning even if this car dyno'ed over 400whp (which I'm sure it's not)..
Old 08-16-2006, 09:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

What gear are you running the car in on the dyno..? 1st or 2nd..?
Old 08-16-2006, 10:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Garage1217
What gear are you running the car in on the dyno..? 1st or 2nd..?

Some people reply to things to try and get under my skin. But not this time chief. However, you shouldn't throw stones if you live in a glass house...

Quick Reply: Dyno attempts of my ZPI Stage 1