Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Dyno attempts of my ZPI Stage 1

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 10:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Default Re: Dyno attempts of my ZPI Stage 1

Originally Posted by DouBLeJ16
Originally Posted by tcengel
I hope you didn't pay anything for this dyno. If your spinning the wheels, your dyno operator has no idea how to set up your car. Take it to reputable shop and have them dyno it.
I agree 100%, the wheels should not be spinning even if this car dyno'ed over

Like I said, you don't have to take my word for it. I've been around SL for about a good year and a half now. Never been known to lie, make-up stuff, or falsify any thing I have ever said. So, hey man, if you don't believe me, it's cool. I was there, it's our car, and quite frankly that's all that matters.

400whp (which I'm sure it's not)..
Now why on earth would you say that, when I just stated it was on 0.6 Bar? Don't be stupid now. It's not 400whp.......YET!
Old 08-16-2006, 10:45 PM
Banned
SL Member

<joke>Our kits are so well engineered, we make 400whp on just .6 bar</joke>

;)
Old 08-17-2006, 12:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by nester
<joke>Our kits are so well engineered, we make 400whp on just .6 bar</joke>

;)

ZPI FTW!!!
Old 08-17-2006, 01:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

OK! Finally, I can upload the graph from my digi cam. Now, if someone can help me out reading this graph...

Now, the way it looks, is this graph indicating that the turbo spools within 100 RPM's? It looks like it only takes me 100 RPM's to reach full boost from the minute I punched it. Chris had me punch it at both 2500 RPM's and at 3000 RPM's. This graph is one of the 2500ish launches.

PS....Just for the nay-sayers on the wheels spinning on the dyno...If I provide you evidence to support the story of the gaps in the graph from the RPM reading, why would I lie about the tires spinning on the dyno? Here is the graph where I said I have gaps from the dyno trying to get the RPM readings....

Old 08-17-2006, 01:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

cant see anything on my computer it says bad link please visit putfile.com/myfiles
Old 08-17-2006, 01:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Originally Posted by Garage1217
What gear are you running the car in on the dyno..? 1st or 2nd..?

Some people reply to things to try and get under my skin. But not this time chief. However, you shouldn't throw stones if you live in a glass house...
I have no intention of getting under your skin, I asked a simple question, what gear were you in for your dyno..?

Now the next part is you answer the question....

that is called simple conversation. That is all.
Old 08-17-2006, 05:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by tom0613
cant see anything on my computer it says bad link please visit putfile.com/myfiles

Damn Putfile... Won't let you put the links in directly. Fixing it now.
Old 08-17-2006, 05:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

What gear are you running the car in on the dyno..? 1st or 2nd..?

Some people reply to things to try and get under my skin. But not this time chief. However, you shouldn't throw stones if you live in a glass house...
I have no intention of getting under your skin, I asked a simple question, what gear were you in for your dyno..?

Now the next part is you answer the question....

that is called simple conversation. That is all.

Yeah, but no one dyno's there car in 1st or 2nd gear...so, it seemed as though you were trying to start something when you followed up the question with...."1st or 2nd"? I thought you were trying to "imply" something. Anyhow, to answer your question, these are 3rd and 4th gear pulls. I don't know which one he printed out, but I did both 3rd and 4th gear pulls.
Old 08-17-2006, 05:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Ok, I think these will work, I used cardomain instead:

Just for refreshing on what I said about the graph:

Now, the way it looks, is this graph indicating that the turbo spools within 100 RPM's? It looks like it only takes me 100 RPM's to reach full boost from the minute I punched it. Chris had me punch it at both 2500 RPM's and at 3000 RPM's. This graph is one of the 2500ish launches.

PS....Just for the nay-sayers on the wheels spinning on the dyno...If I provide you evidence to support the story of the gaps in the graph from the RPM reading, why would I lie about the tires spinning on the dyno? Here is the graph where I said I have gaps from the dyno trying to get the RPM readings....
Old 08-17-2006, 06:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

One day those links will work

The numbers sound about right for the boost level you're at though so congrats on that. The wheel spin thing is really throwing me off though. When I spent the day at our partner shop dynoing cars, a 475whp Civic with 14" steelies and some crap tires still held pretty well. There was some rubbing but no tire smoke. I dunno I just dont think the bridgestones are bad enough to let loose at 250whp on a dyno while being strapped down. Those straps add so much more weight to the wheels...
Old 08-17-2006, 12:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Joe_Dezod
One day those links will work

The numbers sound about right for the boost level you're at though so congrats on that. The wheel spin thing is really throwing me off though. When I spent the day at our partner shop dynoing cars, a 475whp Civic with 14" steelies and some crap tires still held pretty well. There was some rubbing but no tire smoke. I dunno I just dont think the bridgestones are bad enough to let loose at 250whp on a dyno while being strapped down. Those straps add so much more weight to the wheels...

One More Time...I reckon I'll abide by Putfiles rules this time around:

PS....I don't lie, I hate liars....The wheels spun on the dyno, I don't know what else to tell you.
Old 08-17-2006, 12:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I feel like im trippin out from looking at your dyno graphs
It looks like modern day art isntead of a graph...go get your car up to zpi and get a real reading for us please
Old 08-17-2006, 12:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Dyno attempts of my ZPI Stage 1

Like I said, you don't have to take my word for it. I've been around SL for about a good year and a half now. Never been known to lie, make-up stuff, or falsify any thing I have ever said. So, hey man, if you don't believe me, it's cool. I was there, it's our car, and quite frankly that's all that matters.
1 year and 2 months to be exact, noob.

I didn't say you made up anything.. I believe that the wheels were spinning and the person operating the dyno had no idea what they were doing.

Your car should not be spinning the wheels on a dyno unless it has something around the 900-1000hp range.
Old 08-17-2006, 12:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

But anyway, your numbers are as expected for 8.5psi. Seems like they are consistant. Greddy puts out the close to the same amount.
Old 08-17-2006, 02:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Simplyscion
I feel like im trippin out from looking at your dyno graphs
It looks like modern day art isntead of a graph...go get your car up to zpi and get a real reading for us please

I know, it looks crazy don't it...

I didn't say you made up anything.. I believe that the wheels were spinning and the person operating the dyno had no idea what they were doing.

I think it caught him off gaurd that's all. I don't think he was expecting it to hit so hard.

Originally Posted by zero
But anyway, your numbers are as expected for 8.5psi. Seems like they are consistant. Greddy puts out the close to the same amount.

GReddy practically uses the same turbine as we do. Only differes like .10 or something small like that. I'm going to do another run and get some more CONCLUSIVE numbers. Your right about one thing, it was very consistant, didn't drop from start to finish at all.

It was in the High 90's during this dyno run, in case anyone was interested in what the conditions where.
Old 08-17-2006, 03:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well i guess that proves the wheels where spinning
Old 08-17-2006, 03:44 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

That's exactly what a slipping clutch looks like on the dyno. Are you sure your clutch is ok?
Old 08-17-2006, 04:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

i think he put in a brand new clutch and broke it in before the dyno...he shredded up a CM stage 1
Old 08-17-2006, 04:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well the dyno guy said the wheels are spinning, Travis said it was spinning the chart supports such claims...i am going with clutch is okay wheels are spinning.....
Old 08-17-2006, 05:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by paul_dezod
That's exactly what a slipping clutch looks like on the dyno. Are you sure your clutch is ok?

That might be the case, only problem with that "theory" is, Chris (dyno operator) was starring at my wheels when he said they spun. So, no, clutch was just fine. Chris also explained that the newer cars (compared to the 90's style Corvettes and Camaro's all around his shop) were a little harder to get a steady RPM reading. He said he has ran into the same problem with Hondas before. And that some cars he had to use some obsured object to ground the system JUST so he can get a good TAC read.

I don't think he would have went into all that explanation if it was just a slipping Clutch. And not his in-ability to get a consistant TAC read. Besides, I was the one doing the pulls, and given the pic I showed of what I did to my last clutch, I'm Pretty Experienced in What a Slipping Clutch Feels like.... (PS...Misti knows what a slipping clutch feels like too..) In my experience on the Street, I have never felt the clutch SLIP/HOOK/SLIP/HOOK/SLIP (which is what the graph would look like IF a clutch slipped in that fashion). But from what I experience with a SLIP clutch is, it reaches HIGH RPMS, PAUSES when the clutch starts slipping and the needle sits there, and the car feels like it goes no where all the while you got the pedal to the metal. On the dyno, the car was pulling, TRUST ME ON THAT!

Originally Posted by Simplyscion
i think he put in a brand new clutch and broke it in before the dyno...he shredded up a CM stage 1

Correct. The new clutch had near 1k miles on it before hitting the dyno. It's not a theory gentlemen, it's RAW-UNADULTERATED-PURE Fact...The wheels spun on the dyno. So, with that said, can we drop the "theatrics" and discuss the "Somewhat" dyno sheet that we have. Wether or not my wheels spun on the dyno (which they did) should NOT be your primary question. NO, the primary question regarding the wheels spinning on the dyno should be "Did it effect my numbers?" That IS the question. It MAY HAVE, and it may HAVE NOT, honestly, I don't know. What I will do next time like I said, is to equipp Drag Radials on my next dyno session, so this sort of thing is NON-Debatable. What else is NON-Debatable is that the next dyno sheet you see coming from this direction will be more powerful...MUUUUHAHAAA...

So, with that said can someone answer my question about the turbo spool. Is it really reaching full boost within 100 RPM's from the time I punch it? Cause that's what it looks to me to be.

Quick Reply: Dyno attempts of my ZPI Stage 1