Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Dyno attempts of my ZPI Stage 1

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 10:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Now you see why some people dont post their #'s and whatnot.
Old 08-17-2006, 11:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by zer0

The haterraid is very strong on SL no doubt, but it only makes me stronger. I love when I get haters, it lets me further know that I'm doing something RIGHT!....
Old 08-17-2006, 11:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Originally Posted by zer0

The haterraid is very strong on SL no doubt, but it only makes me stronger. I love when I get haters, it lets me further know that I'm doing something RIGHT!....
You say Im a crazy ****, I think your the crazy ****, not me... Super Travis....Gets his super powers from feeding off haters...
Old 08-17-2006, 11:38 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Nice numbers sorry ya had problems. I cant believe you payed the man for the dyno tho.
With results like that (tires spinning, horrible results) I would have made him do the dyno correctly before paying.
If you say the tires spun, they spun. You have ne need to lie. But if they did spin, the operator either did something wrong or the drums were jacked up. I dynoed my car directly after a 650 WHP 350Z (the one on the cover of modified mag dynoed right before me), and right after me was a civic that hit 1100WHP. If they didnt spin, I dont see a tC spinning if done correctly. And since they DID spin, something wasnt right. GET YOUR MONEY BACK. Use it to drive to ZPI and get real numbers. Best of luck.
Old 08-18-2006, 10:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nice numbers, its a toss up how to talk about the dyno chart.....

but...

im going to give my 2 cents worth b/c i havent been online for a while.....

in my past experiences at my old job, we had a fully built 350Z. The car never once spun our rollers. when i see a chart like that, the first thing comes to mind is clutch slippage or a bad dyno. the clutch slippage is not a "theory" as you quoted. that auctally does happen in current day dyno runs if the car does infact have a bad clutch assembly.

NOW....

you said...

Chris also explained that the newer cars (compared to the 90's style Corvettes and Camaro's all around his shop) were a little harder to get a steady RPM reading. He said he has ran into the same problem with Hondas before. And that some cars he had to use some obsured object to ground the system JUST so he can get a good TAC read.
That is telling me that they have a piece of $hit dyno. Get your money back and drive to ZPI.

/thread

lock
Old 08-18-2006, 11:52 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by BlkSandPrlTurbotC

That is telling me that they have a piece of $hit dyno. Get your money back and drive to ZPI.

/thread

lock
My thoughts exactly. ALOT of cars and trucks make the power you are making, stock. If a dyno cant hold a stock cars HP, how do they expect to dyno a car making High Horspower? Your turbo might spool fast but I dont think its that amazing.
Do your tires spin in 3rd gear at 5500 RPMS on the street?
I imagine the answer is no, so why would they spin on a dyno where it has even better contact because of being straped down to the drums?
Probably because something was wrong with the dyno.
Old 08-18-2006, 12:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Finally, some people who make sense.
Old 08-18-2006, 12:10 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

ohh, an additional comment to ponder, you are not the only one running this ZPI kit, but the others dont spin on the dynos...so yet more proff that YOU NEED TO GET YOUR MONEY BACK.
Old 08-18-2006, 01:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I dyno cars everyday. 250 WHP doesnt make your wheels spin. I'm not saying they didn't spin, im saying something other then the power you made caused them to. I've had 500 whp FWD cars in here not spin on the dyno on street tires.

As far as the tach signal thing goes, there is more then one way to pic up a tach signal. If what they were doing wasnt working properly, they should have tried something else. There are MULTIPLE ways to go about doing it.

Charles

EDIT: How were they picking up tach signal? Did they put a sensor and a piece of tape on your crank pulley or did the hook up a voltage optical to a tach signal wire in the engine bay?
Old 08-18-2006, 01:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

You guys need to shut up all ready about the tires spinning! Howm any times does Travis have to say get over it and answer his other legit question. Give it up!!! If it's not one thing to complain about it's another! SHUT UP!
Old 08-18-2006, 01:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ISmokeGuys
You guys need to shut up all ready about the tires spinning! Howm any times does Travis have to say get over it and answer his other legit question. Give it up!!! If it's not one thing to complain about it's another! SHUT UP!
Spoken like a true lady..

We're just trying to educate him.. He thinks the reason his tires spun is because "it hit so hard", which is definately not the case.
Old 08-18-2006, 01:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

We are not saying the tires didnt spin, we are saying that there was a PROBLEM that caused them to spin. It had absolutly nothing to do with the Mad tyte jdm power the car was making.

On another note, the bad tach input can cause the line breaks in the dyno graph as well. Spinning on the dyno can still give you a solid graph, the dyno would not just stop reading anything just because the tires haze a little. It would just show a flat or even dip in the line.
Old 08-18-2006, 02:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Why don't you educate yourself by keeping your mouth shut! Also, no where in any of Travis' posts did he say that the tires spun b.c we made MAD hp! You guys love throwing in your own words to start crap! In fact, Travis said the reason they COULD have spun was b.c of oil that was on the dyno right before we got on there!
Old 08-18-2006, 02:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by DouBLeJ16
Spoken like a true lady..

We're just trying to educate him.. He thinks the reason his tires spun is because "it hit so hard", which is definately not the case.

EDUCATE ME! Dude, I'm a grown a$$ man. And I sure as hell don't care about being MR. POPULAR! So, with that said, GET OFF IT!

What does a person have to do, for people to PAY ATTENTION! to what you type. You need to RE-READ what I wrote, and then make a more EDUCATED post.

Do I need to RE-Quote MYSELF....
Old 08-18-2006, 02:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My words weren't to "start crap", they were to make a point with a mildly comedic spin on it. Its not my fault your a little uptight right now.

A dyno only has two inputs, speed and tach signal. It then plugs those numbers into a "rate of change" calculation based on a constant load. The breaks in the dyno charts are from a loss of signal from one of the TWO inputs.

Please go back and read what I've posted. I never said the car DIDNT SPIN. Its completely possible it did. I said that the breaks in the dyno lines. (which I believe is answering his original question) are not from the tires spinning.
Old 08-18-2006, 02:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

relax guys...who cares, disregard this dyno and get it done at your homeboyz shop over in KY
Old 08-18-2006, 02:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by TurboCustomz
My words weren't to "start crap", they were to make a point with a mildly comedic spin on it. Its not my fault your a little uptight right now.

A dyno only has two inputs, speed and tach signal. It then plugs those numbers into a "rate of change" calculation based on a constant load. The breaks in the dyno charts are from a loss of signal from one of the TWO inputs.

Please go back and read what I've posted. I never said the car DIDNT SPIN. Its completely possible it did. I said that the breaks in the dyno lines. (which I believe is answering his original question) are not from the tires spinning.

She wasn't talking to you. And I have been saying the SAME thing you just said in this post. The BREAKS in the line are from loss of TAC signal....

AND Unfortunately, the dyno was done last week, I'm not marching into the guys shop and demanding my money back. I'm not being a baby about. Instead chalk it up as an experience, and move on. I WILL BE GETTING MY NEXT SESSION IN KY!
Old 08-18-2006, 02:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I wasn't replying to you TurboCutomz. It's just some people can't read for the life of them! I'm not uptight, I'm just tired of people wanting to come in and highjack a thread with the most absurd BS!
Old 08-18-2006, 02:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Sounds like you had a pretty crazy run. Since the graph was broken up for whatever reason I bet you could get a refund or something and get a second opinion at a different shop.

I'm trying to free up a weekend to go down to ZPI's shop for the tune, etc. I can't wait to be rollin with higher boost!
Old 08-18-2006, 02:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

I'm just tired of people wanting to come in and highjack a thread with the most absurd BS!

And I'm starting to think there are certain people on SL that make it their job to do such with ANYTHING ZPI related, and it's getting really OLD! I will make another thread with a NEW MORE CONCLUSIVE DYNO run. However, I will not do it at the same power level.

Quick Reply: Dyno attempts of my ZPI Stage 1