Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Dyno attempts of my ZPI Stage 1

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 02:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Streeter
Sounds like you had a pretty crazy run. Since the graph was broken up for whatever reason I bet you could get a refund or something and get a second opinion at a different shop.

I'm trying to free up a weekend to go down to ZPI's shop for the tune, etc. I can't wait to be rollin with higher boost!

We are going tomorrow, but not for a dyno run. We are going to get that little flapper welded...once and for all.. Funny thing is, people liked the way it ..TICKED..
Old 08-18-2006, 03:15 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
I will make another thread with a NEW MORE CONCLUSIVE DYNO run. However, I will not do it at the same power level.
Do 1 pull at your current level to satisfy the drama that has unfolded here, and then retune and crank the boost. No biggie. That way there is no more drama over it.

Side note: The sad reality of life is: Some people just thrive on and love drama man. They can not live without it.

Not sure what else to tell ya.
Old 08-18-2006, 03:54 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by ISmokeGuys
You guys need to shut up all ready about the tires spinning! Howm any times does Travis have to say get over it and answer his other legit question. Give it up!!! If it's not one thing to complain about it's another! SHUT UP!
How about you take a minute and read what I wrote. I am not questioning his tires spinning. I was trying to get him to go back and get your money back. So before throwing the shutups out there, read what is wrote and realize people arent questioning the tires spinning they are questioning the dyno operator.
Old 08-18-2006, 04:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

^^^I wasn't talking to you!
Old 08-18-2006, 04:06 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

^my bad then. Sorry bout that.
Old 08-18-2006, 04:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

^^^I wasn't talking to you!

LOL, I was just about to post that you wasn't talking to him either.
Old 08-18-2006, 04:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Im hungry, what should I get for lunch
sorry, just trying to lighten up the mood a lil bit
Old 08-18-2006, 04:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by paul_dezod
I will make another thread with a NEW MORE CONCLUSIVE DYNO run. However, I will not do it at the same power level.
Do 1 pull at your current level to satisfy the drama that has unfolded here, and then retune and crank the boost. No biggie. That way there is no more drama over it.

Side note: The sad reality of life is: Some people just thrive on and love drama man. They can not live without it.

Not sure what else to tell ya.

I will see what I can do. I asked Keisha to schedule me a dyno pull. At this time they were suppose to be recalibrating it or something, so I don't know exactly WHEN I will be able to get strapped in. However, the numbers are not going to be the same even at the current PSI level, due to the tune being only a STREET tune. I will probably post up the 8 PSI #'s from a Dyno tune, and then crank to 10 PSI and a 10 PSI tune with #'s to boot. We will push a little over 300whp before the year end, and then come spring, I'll run it at 350-400whp and be good for some time.
Old 08-18-2006, 04:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Also, no where in any of Travis' posts did he say that the tires spun b.c we made MAD hp!
Ohyeah? What did he mean by this statement then?

Originally Posted by DouBLeJ16
I didn't say you made up anything.. I believe that the wheels were spinning and the person operating the dyno had no idea what they were doing.
I think it caught him off gaurd that's all. I don't think he was expecting it to hit so hard.
Old 08-18-2006, 04:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Simplyscion
Im hungry, what should I get for lunch
sorry, just trying to lighten up the mood a lil bit

I'm having a Chicken Taco Salad from the little Mexican place down the street. DAMN is this stuff good...
Old 08-18-2006, 04:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Also, no where in any of Travis' posts did he say that the tires spun b.c we made MAD hp!

I didn't say you made up anything.. I believe that the wheels were spinning and the person operating the dyno had no idea what they were doing.
I think it caught him off gaurd that's all. I don't think he was expecting it to hit so hard.

HIT so hard as in, turbo Spooling...Not GOBS of HP! For example. If one car has say 400whp, but has some major turbo lag to get to it, he might not EVER spin the wheels on the rollers. Then you have another car who has a quick spool but not as much hp, and his/her turbo hits really abrupt, I don't see why it would not be a possibility to do so.

At the same time, I was trying to tell you my experience. It was something I was trying to share with you. Everyone turned it into a "theoritical" debate on wether or not I was telling the truth, to which I was. Everyone who questioned it, started seeking the answer as to WHY they spun. I only gave one Educated logical guess as to why, and it turned into this charade.

Truth be told, there could have been a NUMBER of reasons as to why they spun. Could have been a Collection of Reasons. BUT that does not change my experience now does it?
Old 08-18-2006, 05:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

That is not saying we have MAD power! He simply stated that he didn't think the guy was expecting the car to have that much power! By "that much" or "hit hard" doesn't imply we think the car has extreme power! If that were the case Travis would have lied about it putting out 250hp. You're putting words into peoples mouths!
Old 08-18-2006, 05:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I think I'm having a grilled chicken cesaer salad for lunch. Don't know where from though! lol
Old 08-18-2006, 05:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What happened to the 300whp you have been babbling about the last 6 months. I'm just kidding ZPI kit FTW. I going to trade in my turbo system for a ZPI kit.
Old 08-18-2006, 05:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Schuller
What happened to the 300whp you have been babbling about the last 6 months. I'm just kidding ZPI kit FTW. I going to trade in my turbo system for a ZPI kit.

Stop lying...

Never dyno confirmed/said I was pushin 300whp. But I am in the 300whp club, so that give me enough credit to claim 300whp. Nothing that a few clicks of the boost *** doesn't fix...
Old 08-18-2006, 06:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

We are going tomorrow, but not for a dyno run. We are going to get that little flapper welded...once and for all.. Funny thing is, people liked the way it ..TICKED..
That... flapper... drives... me... NUTS...

Old 08-18-2006, 06:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Hey Rythm, what size is that ZPI turbo. From the way you talk about it spooling and Ive seen your videos on youtube. It seem like its a T3 because it looks like you have almost no lag at all. And Ive heard from a few people that the T3/T4 from the turbonetics has a little turbo lag that makes the speed suffer.
Old 08-18-2006, 06:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

16g Turbo

its just sickening how the drama went on for a few more posts. everyone was just giving their input on why the dyno graph was messed up how it was...

travis, just get your money back man and drive to ZPI and get a better graph
Old 08-20-2006, 08:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by tCduck
Hey Rythm, what size is that ZPI turbo. From the way you talk about it spooling and Ive seen your videos on youtube. It seem like its a T3 because it looks like you have almost no lag at all. And Ive heard from a few people that the T3/T4 from the turbonetics has a little turbo lag that makes the speed suffer.

I'm spooling faster than a T3/T4 setup from Tnetics from my understanding. Big EVO III 16G is what comes equipped on ZPI kits. I don't know anything about lag unless I'm in like 5th at 40 mph and mash the gas.... But I never drive like that...lol..down shift, mash and dash..
Old 08-20-2006, 08:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Streeter
That... flapper... drives... me... NUTS...

I think me and you are the only two that have the same thing. It becomes intermitten after the car heats up right...

I think the only way to find it, is to disassemble and tinker around to find that part, and weld it. Which is what I will be doing after Nopi probably. Tear down all to search for a needle in a hay stack...

Quick Reply: Dyno attempts of my ZPI Stage 1