Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Dyno attempts of my ZPI Stage 1

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 01:55 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

so is the reason ur hp and tq came out so low mostly b/c of the slippage? shouldnt it be closer to 270 - 280?
Old 08-21-2006, 02:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by CervezA
so is the reason ur hp and tq came out so low mostly b/c of the slippage? shouldnt it be closer to 270 - 280?

There are multiple factors that can affect numbers. The car is very rich that I will foul out a brand new primary 02 sensor within 30 mins of driving. RICH = Less power but safer. I don't have a wideband yet, so the tune is not spot on. That will change in a couple of weeks. Wideband is going in, and a spot on tune based on boost level vs. tps will be completed.

PS....for 8 PSI, those #'s are not low by the way. Turbonetics pumps out 244whp and I pumped out 250whp at the same PSI levels with a smaller turbine.
Old 08-21-2006, 03:08 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

k cool. i just remember the claimed 300 for the stage 1 w/zpi exhaust.. thats all
Old 08-21-2006, 03:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by CervezA
k cool. i just remember the claimed 300 for the stage 1 w/zpi exhaust.. thats all

Yes your right, but that's on anywhere from 9-10 PSI as the website list. However, last time I was up at ZPI, Kenny had mentioned that out the door, he will start to equipp the Stage 1's with 8 PSI, which is more fesiable for people to start with. You can get yourself into a lot of trouble going from a stock tC 140ish whp to a 290-300whp tC. One guy has called already and said he was scared of his car, and it's on 8 PSI like ours....LOL. So, he figured that the mass majority of people should start with the 8 PSI level, which I think is a smart move.

PS...Don't get me wrong though. If you REALLY insist on having 10 PSI setting out of the box, then he can chirm that up for you. But it's not feasible to dive in like that head first. Take your time with it, as your clutch will thank you for it.
Old 08-21-2006, 07:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I remember when we got made fun of for shipping our kits out at 8.7psi to start with and leaving the higher boost up to the customer. I remember hearing we were "scared" to push the envelope. I suppose we were right now lol?

Respectable numbers for 8psi man. That sounds about dead on.
Old 08-21-2006, 12:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke

PS....for 8 PSI, those #'s are not low by the way. Turbonetics pumps out 244whp and I pumped out 250whp at the same PSI levels with a smaller turbine.
But you have a full exhaust, the Turbonetics Dyno was on stock everything, besides Turbokit. Your #'s are right on the money. A turbonetics kit with Magnaflow exhaust put down 272whp/268tq on 8psi via DaTricKsTer24.
Old 08-21-2006, 01:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Joe_Dezod
I remember when we got made fun of for shipping our kits out at 8.7psi to start with and leaving the higher boost up to the customer. I remember hearing we were "scared" to push the envelope. I suppose we were right now lol?

Respectable numbers for 8psi man. That sounds about dead on.

It wasn't me that made fun of you.
Old 08-21-2006, 01:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by zer0
Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke

But you have a full exhaust, the Turbonetics Dyno was on stock everything, besides Turbokit. Your #'s are right on the money. A turbonetics kit with Magnaflow exhaust put down 272whp/268tq on 8psi via DaTricKsTer24.

Different dyno, different car, different atmosphere, different tunes can all attribute to HP gain, and HP loss. The Tnetics tune is way more Lean than I'm running. They have a near perfect tune of 12's I believe. I bet my tune is like high 10's. Richer = less power(set this way because we beat on the car every weekend, and YET still drive it daily 20+ miles to work). My #'s are inconclusive. My car is not dyno tuned as his is. Just a little FYI for you to think about.

PS....Who would you bet on if DaTricKsTer24 and I were to race?
Old 08-21-2006, 03:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Not to mention the more than one occassion when I seen the Tnetics powered car running only 200ish to the wheels, and that one was with a full exhaust.
Old 08-21-2006, 03:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I would bet on the DaTricKsTer24. Tnetics kit has much more potential than the zpi kit. By the way the Tneics kit runs about 10.3 afr at 8psi and 11.5 afr at 10psi on the stock tune.
Old 08-21-2006, 03:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Rthym the reason you dont know about lag is because you have a better turbo for the tC than the t3/t4 from the tnetics. I will most likley use the 16g that comes with the ZPI kit but im going to build a custom kit for my car.
Old 08-21-2006, 04:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Schuller
I would bet on the DaTricKsTer24. Tnetics kit has much more potential than the zpi kit. By the way the Tneics kit runs about 10.3 afr at 8psi and 11.5 afr at 10psi on the stock tune.

I beg to differ. I've seen the A/F ratio on the one guy with the Tnetic tC that came to the ScionShoot out, he was in the high 11's low 12's A/F at 8 PSI.

Secondly...."Potential does NOT win Races".. You can have the "potential" of 1000hp for all I care, your still going to loose... Which would put money in my pocket, so bet as you wish.

I have the "Potential" of a simple bolt on swap for a GT32R, does that mean anything for me at the current time? Get the point?
Old 08-21-2006, 04:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by tCduck
Rthym the reason you dont know about lag is because you have a better turbo for the tC than the t3/t4 from the tnetics. I will most likley use the 16g that comes with the ZPI kit but im going to build a custom kit for my car.

The 16G will do you Justice, good choice.
Old 08-21-2006, 04:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Just a little FYI....DaTricksTer24 has more than just an exhaust and Tnetics turbo. He aslo runs a ZPI Crank pulley. And if you try to tell me that the Crank pulley does not gain that much, then your blowing smoke..

I don't have any pulley's on our car.
Old 08-21-2006, 06:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The gt32r does not come with the zpi kit. Just saying the tnetics kit has more potential for greater hp than the zpi kit. Simply turn up the boost with some supporting mods. You will never catch up with the tnetics kit unless you start upgrading the zpi kit itself. It won't be long till I have a fully built moter and then I will be able to prove this to you.
Old 08-21-2006, 06:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh yeah?!

My dad can beat up your dad!

Dear god people, its now 5 pages long and its all a bunch of BS posts. Ever hear of PM's or AIM?

Now I know why I quit posting on here, you post up good numbers and you get HOUNDED by members...

whatever...

good numbers travis...keep on boostin.
Old 08-21-2006, 06:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I try and make a simple informative statement to someone that says "who would you bet on" and get slammed.
Old 08-21-2006, 06:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ugh... u serious? weaksauce.

I bet on myself.... im jk!

just try to calm down guys...its just a forum
Old 08-21-2006, 07:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BlkSandPrlTurbotC
ugh... u serious? weaksauce.

I bet on myself.... im jk!

just try to calm down guys...its just a forum
We calm. I see your trying to make up for your zpi slamathons.
Old 08-21-2006, 08:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

The gt32r does not come with the zpi kit.
True

Just saying the tnetics kit has more potential for greater hp than the zpi kit. Simply turn up the boost with some supporting mods. You will never catch up with the tnetics kit unless you start upgrading the zpi kit itself. It won't be long till I have a fully built moter and then I will be able to prove this to you.

False. How can you make such assumption when the ZPI Stage 1 is faster than a Tnetics kit already? PSI for PSI, I'll put the 16G up against your T3/T4, and show you what fast spool is all about. We spool faster cheif. You are talking about MAXING out the turbine. MAXING, yes, the T3/T4 will Max out at a Higher HP level. But who is running max on ANY of the kits out right now. When I want to go past 400whp, then I'll switch over turbines with a couple of bolts. AGAIN...."POTENTIAL" does NOT win races. FYI, you can turn the boost up on ANY turbine. The only thing your telling me is that when I reach near 400whp, I might have to switch turbo's, and you don't.....But does that make you faster still....Yeah, didn't think so.

My opinion, PSI for PSI 16G is quicker than t3/t4 supplied with the Tnetics kit. And what does a built engine have to do with anything? I don't have a built engine, so why are you throwing that into the equation. You going to build your engine, and max out your turbine just to prove that the kit has more "POTENTIAL"....

PS...I'll be at Nopi @ Atl, you coming?

Quick Reply: Dyno attempts of my ZPI Stage 1