Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Dyno attempts of my ZPI Stage 1

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 08:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
False. When I want to go past 400whp, then I'll switch over turbines with a couple of bolts.
How is that false? The turbo does have more potential.

Just like you said if you want to go over 400whp you have to switch out the turbo... If he wants to go above 400whp he can use the turbo that came with his kit.
Old 08-21-2006, 08:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just saying the tnetics kit has more potential for greater hp than the zpi kit. You will never catch up with the tnetics kit unless you start upgrading the zpi kit itself.
Old 08-21-2006, 08:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by DouBLeJ16
Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
False. When I want to go past 400whp, then I'll switch over turbines with a couple of bolts.
How is that false? The turbo does have more potential.

Just like you said if you want to go over 400whp you have to switch out the turbo... If he wants to go above 400whp he can use the turbo that came with his kit.

Originally Posted by Schuller
Just saying the tnetics kit has more potential for greater hp than the zpi kit. You will never catch up with the tnetics kit unless you start upgrading the zpi kit itself.

False in that I won't have a hard time catching up, just because he turned up the boost. Up till 400whp, the 16G is going to be faster than your T3/T4 setup. So, unless your planning on going past 400whp, matching me PSI for PSI will net you the backend view of my car... So, you are going to be faster than me AFTER you reach past 400whp, until then you will get the proverbial a$$ spanking...lol. So, let me know when you break 400whp so I will know when to switch to a GT32R.

Seriously though, you make it sounds as if I will have to totally redesign my kit when I get to 400whp. It's not hard to buy a turbine and switch it with the one you have. I can do that for every Mitsu turbo I feel my heart desires. Not to mention that for anyone who is looking into buying a ZPI kit, it can be matched and priced accordingly to whatever Mitsu turbine you want. If you want a 20G instead of the 16G to come with your kit, Say So...It Shall BE DONE... The T3/T4 setup with the Tnetics kit MAX HP is what 450whp?

PS....I'm not ****/trash talking you guys, so don't take it personal. I'm just messin with ya a little. I'm pretty confident in the 16G's capabilities so, I stand behind it...out of experience...and not paper/specification wars.
Old 08-21-2006, 09:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Only reason I made my posts was to have a little fun ya as well. Reason being I was disappointed with your latest videos. Very boring. You peaked out with the Scion shootout stuff.
Old 08-21-2006, 10:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Schuller
Only reason I made my posts was to have a little fun ya as well. Reason being I was disappointed with your latest videos. Very boring. You peaked out with the Scion shootout stuff.

I'm trying man, the season has slown down a little. You were bored with the Turbo tC vs the TRD S/C tC vs the 06 Civic Si?

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...r=asc&&start=0

LOL, I did do something different this time around. You actually got to hear my voice talking about the mods on the Rich's car...
Old 08-21-2006, 10:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scion Justice League of America
SL Member

Golly guys... Until we start fully building internals and such, many of the turbo kits have some pros and cons, but run somewhat similiar numbers... I dislike the my car/my setup vs. your car/your setup posts, as there are different prices/turbos/setups being talked about and there are many many posts aroound which address the differences and advantages/disadvantages already.

This is about RnS's Dyno and numbers and to be honest, they're pretty respectable...

Please bring it back on topic.
Old 08-22-2006, 12:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

^^ Yeah, I never really got a definitive answer on my "full boost by 100 RPMs" question. I will be getting another dyno at the end of this month. It will be on a better tune, and higher PSI level. I'm going to go ahead and pick up a GReddy Pressure sensor, so it can be tuned off of boost.
Old 08-22-2006, 12:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scion Justice League of America
SL Member

Good Call... looking forward to what you pull off...
Old 08-22-2006, 02:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Travis, any real setbacks with the eManage? Im really debating just going the emanage route. Drivability like stock?
Old 08-22-2006, 10:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by zer0
Travis, any real setbacks with the eManage? Im really debating just going the emanage route. Drivability like stock?
Besides my exhaust note, I don't notice anything different during regular driving. From my understanding the E-manage is a little difficult to program so the ECU does not get in the way. It seems you need to know what you are doing. Ours is tuned by Kenny, so that's why it runs like a champ. The best I can say is that it does work. I think the most popular manages have been that of the E-manage and the Unichip used by Tnetics.
Old 08-22-2006, 10:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yea lemme know how the Greddy Pressure sensor works out. That should help a ton, especially if one is _____footing the car. No more stalling, I hope.
Old 08-22-2006, 11:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by zer0
Yea lemme know how the Greddy Pressure sensor works out. That should help a ton, especially if one is _____footing the car. No more stalling, I hope.

I personally have never experienced stalling. Misti says she has had it stall, but only when it was 99-102 degrees outside. So, stalling is not an issue for us, and I enjoy venting to the Atmosphere with the HKS SSQ ever shift....
Old 08-23-2006, 12:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you want a 20G instead of the 16G to come with your kit, Say So...It Shall BE DONE... The T3/T4 setup with the Tnetics kit MAX HP is what 450whp?

not really sure what the hell this is? 16G, 20G? i'm lost!!!! i've never dealt with a turbo car but am definately trying to do some research on which is best and by the way, any affects on smog with the turbos. i live in california and this will definately play a big part in buying.