Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

dyno sheet and a couple night shots

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 05:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default dyno sheet and a couple night shots

So this is a little slow in coming but i got the tC dyno tuned at TurboTune in Greensboro NC. Its a Stage 0 with 550cc RC injectors, Intercooler, HKS SSQV, Emanage ultimate running about 5-6 psi tuned to 11.5:1

Sorry the dyno sheet looks so rough, my friend knocked it off my seat and stepped on it in the rain

Old 04-29-2007, 06:03 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

why are those numbers so low especially with the bigger injectors and an intercooler and im guessing by stage 0 you mean zpi stge0
Old 04-29-2007, 06:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes, its the zpi stage 0, sorry about that. As for the #s the intercooler and injectors from what I'm told shouldn't really change the numbers too much the intercooler just makes it safer and the injectors were running 100% duty cycle even at low boost.

They were all third gear pulls (i hear you get higher peak #s in fourth?) , and it was about 80 degrees/23% humidity in the shop so i guess any of those could steal a couple whp, i dont know.

In any case the car is a BLAST to drive and i already have an s2000 and mustang gt on the kill list so im happy :D
Old 04-29-2007, 06:15 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

ok ic well at least your happy with the setup cause thats wat really matters

wat intercooler u running

also how long have you had the stg 0 in and any problems with the setup in install and drivability oh and wat did this setup cost
Old 04-29-2007, 06:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you sure your running 550's. cause that size injector would not be at 100% DC with only 6psi of boost.
Old 04-29-2007, 06:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

That's no longer a Stage 0 anymore after you have added those additional components. You have a Stage 1 now. The #'s are low because you are running only 6 PSI.

Why are you still running that low of a boost by the way? ZPI provides you with 2 springs with your kit. Drop the other one in there already! No sense in running 6 PSI when you got everything you need to run 11 PSI.
Old 04-29-2007, 08:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

First, i guess i wasn't clear the STOCK injectors were running 100% DC @ 6psi, and the main reason im running 6psi is for safety and being nice to my stock clutch for the moment. I'm sure i will probably turn it up and get a re-tune soon, but not just yet i have some more stuff to do to the car first. (clutch, flywheel, black box, or pressure sensor, hopefully LSD) All that will be getting done as the money runs in. I say stage 0 mostly because of the #s/boost i am running, this is the same kit clayisland485 was running.

As for the kit, I have nothing but positive things to say about it, and the car is eassssy to drive, especially when you stay out of boost... you can forget about traction if you even think about getting on the gas in first, or just about anywhere if the road is wet, and theres (obviously) some torque steer. The setup went on without a hitch, and its been reliable for the 2000-3000 miles that its been on there, but only a bit of the driving was actually after the tune, and before the tune i pretty much stayed out of boost. (not that you would have to)

The only thing i would really say is you NEED injectors and you NEED a blow off valve, and of course the necessary gauges. The price i paid doesn't really mean much as i picked this kit up used from clayisland485 on here...

General consensus is the numbers are a bit low then?
Old 04-29-2007, 08:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by vypa
First, i guess i wasn't clear the STOCK injectors were running 100% DC @ 6psi, and the main reason im running 6psi is for safety and being nice to my stock clutch for the moment. I'm sure i will probably turn it up and get a re-tune soon, but not just yet i have some more stuff to do to the car first. (clutch, flywheel, black box, or pressure sensor, hopefully LSD) All that will be getting done as the money runs in. I say stage 0 mostly because of the #s/boost i am running, this is the same kit clayisland485 was running.

As for the kit, I have nothing but positive things to say about it, and the car is eassssy to drive, especially when you stay out of boost... you can forget about traction if you even think about getting on the gas in first, or just about anywhere if the road is wet, and theres (obviously) some torque steer. The setup went on without a hitch, and its been reliable for the 2000-3000 miles that its been on there, but only a bit of the driving was actually after the tune, and before the tune i pretty much stayed out of boost. (not that you would have to)

The only thing i would really say is you NEED injectors and you NEED a blow off valve, and of course the necessary gauges. The price i paid doesn't really mean much as i picked this kit up used from clayisland485 on here...

General consensus is the numbers are a bit low then?

Awee....Stock Clutch. That explains it then. Yeah stay with the 6 PSI then, anything above that = bye bye clutch.

Don't have to convince me of ZPI turbo kit reliability. Running Stage 1 for well over a year now.
Old 04-29-2007, 09:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Switched to 5w30 royal purple today too (from 10w30 mobil1 full synth)... and i swear this will sound retarded... but there is a bit of a difference for the better
Old 04-29-2007, 09:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Royal Purple is the Shiznit. It's dyno proven to increase HP. They dynoed a car and gained an 8whp increase, just by switching to RP.
Old 04-29-2007, 10:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've heard the stock injectors work just fine on the 6psi, but to get one step colder spark plugs. I mean 390cc versus 440's used on 8.5psi greddy turbo kits....390 sounds just fine on 6psi.
Old 04-29-2007, 10:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thats what i heard, but when i had to stop and switch injectors after the first pull because they were maxxed out so fwiw that was my experience.

Also i think i forgot to mention its the intercooler that ZPI uses whatever that is. Its a pretty good size, you have to remove the front crash bar, and (as you can see in the pics) the way it lined up for me the bottom drivers side intercooler pipe sticks out just a little.
Old 04-29-2007, 10:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^Well I will keep an eye on my stock injectors after I put the kit on and keep some extra's around just in case. Thanks for the heads-up.
Old 04-29-2007, 10:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Good luck, i think some people have been fine with the stock injectors... Keep us posted man!